Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yes, my apologies for not adding additional context to the obviously-believable-to-a-reasonable-person comment on selling Tetris at $2,500/copy. This is clearly a failing on my part and I would like to offer you your choice of recompense.
    Your post reads as if you're suggesting I'm onboard with the opinion I'm disputing, people do this to each other all the time on MMO champ. If you don't want to give the wrong idea when making potentially snarky mocking comments then use some common sense.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I really hope WCR includes TFT. I want to watch Arthas becoming the Lich King in current level of CGI.
    And also hope they will turn Arthas vs Illidan into cinematic, like it was intended originally.
    Can't imagine why it wouldn't include TFT, Starcraft's remaster came with Brood War and it makes sense to do both at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Is $30, a little too expensive for a remaster, they better be connecting the older version of WC3:FT with the new one so they can play together or give owners of WC3:FT a discount of some sort.
    $30 is nothing for a remaster... if it bugs you play your old copy sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Go have a Snickers.
    Have a Kit Kat
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    How about just making a new game? out of ideas or something, and a diablo mobile game lol.

Will probably still buy WC3 though not sure but still.
    I mean, people have been requesting it for awhile. So they listened to their fans. Ironically, they're taking complaints for doing something they're constantly being said to not be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I wonder if other Remaster/remake games ever got a discount or free upgrade for having the original game.
    The original StarCraft 1 + Expansion is now 100% free and can be downloaded from B-Net. Shortly afterward, the Remaster was announced.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Will buy, but wish Blizz led off with WC1: Reforged.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Will buy, but wish Blizz led off with WC1: Reforged.
    I would have gone with WCII IMO, you'd have to alter the gameplay for WC1 which would take extra time, it was definitely a first gen RTS.

Deleted
    Another big cashgrab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I would have gone with WCII IMO, you'd have to alter the gameplay for WC1 which would take extra time, it was definitely a first gen RTS.
    True, it would've been a huge undertaking, but thinking about the updated lore and graphics for the game that sucked me into the WC universe makes my rose-tinted glasses fog up.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Another big cashgrab.
    How? They literally redid all the cinematics up to modern standards, replaced all the in-game models with dramatically improved versions built from scratch, and are selling it at half the price of a proper AAA release with both the base game and expansion combined.

Another big cashgrab.
    It really isn't, they redid the entire game cutscenes and all from the ground up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How? They literally redid all the cinematics up to modern standards, replaced all the in-game models with dramatically improved versions built from scratch, and are selling it at half the price of a proper AAA release with both the base game and expansion combined.
    They are selling at 30€ a 20 years old game just because they upgraded some models (something that a single modder can do...) and redid some cinematics (not even that well).

Same engine, same game, same shit...another cash grab like age of empires hd.
    Why would I buy it again when I already have it?

They are selling at 30€ a 20 years old game just because they upgraded some models (something that a single modder can do...) and redid some cinematics (not even that well).
    Because they replaced what appears to be every model in the game with brand new ones. Because the entirely redid every cinematic to bring it up to modern standards, and they'll look damn good if the one they showed is anything to go by. Because they're making a bunch of other tweaks.

This is far more than just a remaster, which we've seen bundled and sold time and time again to cheers. This isn't some random game, this is a title that fans have been begging to be re-released for years and years.

You know it's the same engine? Has any work gone into it since then or did they just leave it be?

Because you'll get to re-experience the game with a much more modern look. Because it's cheap (30 isn't shit). Because hopefully it will also come with all the custom maps online, meaning that the thriving custom game scene from WC3 that's largely died off by now will get some fresh life breathed into it.

If you're not into it that's totally cool, it's not going to be everyones cup of tea. But calling it a cash grab is nonsense. Were it a cash grab this would be a simple upscale with support for higher resolutions and higher quality textures etc. and sold at full price. But like...it's not, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You know it's the same engine? Has any work gone into it since then or did they just leave it be?
    We do know it's the same engine, they confirmed that much.

Know what else uses that engine?

WoW.

So that Engine is quite flexible, so do not assume that it is limited to what it previously was used for in the original release.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    We do know it's the same engine, they confirmed that much.

Know what else uses that engine?

WoW.

So that Engine is quite flexible, so do not assume that it is limited to what it previously was used for in the original release.
    They even said that they took some parts of the actual WoW engine and put them in the remake, full circle as they said xD which is fantastic.

Because you dont have it,you have the original. Why should this update be free?

Its a massive remake. Visuals, Sound, cinematics, engine and maps... it even has all the updates that WoW got put back into this engine. Aside from supporting and sticking to the old gameplay and story, this is more than an expansion at an expansion price.

But purists be damned, this has the potential to create more content for the game I love and I dont want that opportunity taken away at the sake of some cheapass who cant see why updates cost money.

I get it if you dont like the graphics or the remake isnt for you, but honestly its priced fine for the amount of work going into it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2018-11-05 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    They even said that they took some parts of the actual WoW engine and put them in the remake, full circle as they said xD which is fantastic.
    Yeah. Though there are still SOME limitations. As they mentioned, a lot of animations are still bound to the the way the older version of the engine handled them.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

watching the culling of stratholme , the animations felt weird, kinda like superficial. not natural at all. i hope they can improve it to make them more natural. those gestures felt so fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    It really isn't, they redid the entire game cutscenes and all from the ground up.
    It's actually the same engine, with minor tweaks.

They did exactly what MS did with AoE: DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    watching the culling of stratholme , the animations felt weird, kinda like superficial. not natural at all. i hope they can improve it to make them more natural. those gestures felt so fake.
    They are bound by some of the limitations of the engine, which means using the old animations