Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Five months from launch to be improved. This could be a new record.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyX View Post
    for people like you blizzard dont give a f*** about player feedback
    i really wish this made any semblance of sense so i could actually engage you in conversation
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Its a shame Prot is so poor, playing a BDK is so mind numbingly boring... that and its sooo slooow... atleast with warr we have intercept and leap. Plus the rotation is enjoyable. Hell i prefer doing world content as prot as opposed to fury/arms lol
    no offense but you dont know what you are talking about

not only is BDK not boring at all with all the utility things you can do, what the heck is enjoyable about prot warrior rotation?

It boils down to thunderclap/ignore pain spam and using avatar/demo shout on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    no offense but you dont know what you are talking about

not only is BDK not boring at all with all the utility things you can do, what the heck is enjoyable about prot warrior rotation?

It boils down to thunderclap/ignore pain spam and using avatar/demo shout on cd.
    its ok, you are both right.

Are we even fixed in 8.1 so far? Ignore pain off GCD and 2 less second CD on Shield Block is ok but it won't matter if rage generation is still low, if Ignore pain still only absorb 10% of our HP for almost half our resource bar and if by some miracle you can use it twice, 80% of the second one don't go to trash because it's only stack up to 120% of it initial value (need to double check if that part still true, if true at all).

There is the once again small 5% hp and % more armor from Str.

And to balance out that, nerf on our best azerite trait. The new one don't look that great...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Are we even fixed in 8.1 so far? Ignore pain off GCD and 2 less second CD on Shield Block is ok but it won't matter if rage generation is still low, if Ignore pain still only absorb 10% of our HP for almost half our resource bar and if by some miracle you can use it twice, 80% of the second one don't go to trash because it's only stack up to 120% of it initial value (need to double check if that part still true, if true at all).

There is the once again small 5% hp and % more armor from Str.

And to balance out that, nerf on our best azerite trait. The new one don't look that great...
    Still barely any utility to justify a spot in high-end m+ and certainly still chilling firmly in the bottom 2 of raid tanks so certainly wouldn't say we got "fixed" in the areas we need to ... but at least it doesn't feel as awful and awkward to play as it did. It's more tolerable in 8.1 if you're a die hard warrior. If you want to push high end content, you're still gimping yourself to not roll a better option.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Ranged attacks being blockable is the most overlooked change tbh

The nerf to DC was needed (still sucks)

With IP off gcd, Vengeance is a valid talent choice and you don't have to pause all rage generation just to use IP

What still needs to be done:

- Make crits generate 100% more rage so crit stat can be usefull
    - Mastery while being very strong is very unreliable
    - 150% max value on IP is very strange. You're wasting 25% rage from IP just to get max shield
    - IP additionally scaling from damage taken from last 6 sec (like death strike, enrage regen, DH souls) would make it less of a mediocre ability since we have close to 0 self healing

my legion main alt was a prot warr and im gonna level him up and gear him in time for 8.1. but how bad is it really? - is it that its just not fun to play or? We pugged a prot warr last night for our +11 Siege of Boralus and while our healer said he needed to keep attention on the tank cause he dipped a bit - his damage and threat generation seemed very much on point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    my legion main alt was a prot warr and im gonna level him up and gear him in time for 8.1. but how bad is it really? - is it that its just not fun to play or? We pugged a prot warr last night for our +11 Siege of Boralus and while our healer said he needed to keep attention on the tank cause he dipped a bit - his damage and threat generation seemed very much on point.
    Siege is generally one of the easier instances for a prot warrior (as opposed to say Kings' Rest), so it's a bit odd that he needed extra attention (even at 11).

You can roll a prot warrior if you want, but if you genuinely want to do competitive high M+, do roll a BDK instead (even with the nerfs).

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    Siege is generally one of the easier instances for a prot warrior (as opposed to say Kings' Rest), so it's a bit odd that he needed extra attention (even at 11).
    Every tank needs attention. Ok, DK is unkillable for 10 seconds every 1 min but for the other 50 they need healing unless you kite. Unfortunately, warriors can't kite well while DKs are great at it due to d&d slow talent, also warriors lose too much dps if they don't facetank and stay in melee range. However on a +10 key or thereabout healers should be able to heal any tank no prob unless tank / healer is undergeared or pulls go wrong.

But as long as you can facetank, warrior has amazing aoe dps, especially with cooldowns up.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-11-07 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Ranged attacks being blockable is the most overlooked change tbh

The nerf to DC was needed (still sucks)

With IP off gcd, Vengeance is a valid talent choice and you don't have to pause all rage generation just to use IP

What still needs to be done:

- Make crits generate 100% more rage so crit stat can be usefull
    - Mastery while being very strong is very unreliable
    - 150% max value on IP is very strange. You're wasting 25% rage from IP just to get max shield
    - IP additionally scaling from damage taken from last 6 sec (like death strike, enrage regen, DH souls) would make it less of a mediocre ability since we have close to 0 self healing
    These are very good points imo. As of now, I can survive what I need to through heroic content, but adjusting those things would do wonders for the class. Utility is still very lacking, but I guess there needs to be something that separates the tanks. It's just unfortunate that what separates us gimps us while we are not being the best at any one thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post

You can roll a prot warrior if you want, but if you genuinely want to do competitive high M+, do roll a BDK instead (even with the nerfs).
    Boralus have a few dicy areas for Prot. That being sad, this will change (Incl. Kings Rest) a lot with the patch. Blockable range attacks will make our lives a lot easier. We got a few Buffs already, but I don't think it is enough to bring us where BDK or Monks are, closer but still not as good. The patch is a month away and I hope they have more changes waiting for us. If not, we will have to wait till 8.1.5, practically "killing" the Warrior tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Every tank needs attention. Ok, DK is unkillable for 10 seconds every 1 min but for the other 50 they need healing unless you kite. .
    So they are 17% of every fight unkillable and thats not OP? Group needs Attention, I got this. Healer is Dead / CCed, I got this. Healer DCed, I got this. As Warrior in that cases: I guess we wipe here ...
    Last edited by mmocc439c57469; 2018-11-07 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    So they are 17% of every fight unkillable and thats not OP?
    I didn't say it's not OP. There's a reason they're nerfing bonestorm, because it's ridiculously strong. I meant what kind of complain it was "oh I had to heal a warrior in siege +11", you have to heal every tank. It's not a warrior-specific issue.

Amognst that discussion about dks on warrior forum i can barely see any feedback 'bout how does it feel with slightly higher mitigation uptime and blockable ranged attacks? Did anyone actually test it? Would like to hear something on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Amognst that discussion about dks on warrior forum i can barely see any feedback 'bout how does it feel with slightly higher mitigation uptime and blockable ranged attacks? Did anyone actually test it? Would like to hear something on that.
    It's better. What more do you want to hear?

You're going to get about 15-20% of your globals freed up to do not Ignore Pain. You'll have 10%+ more Shield Block uptime. You'll be able to Intercept off the GCD.

The problems are still: No scaling mitigation like Bonestorm, Blood Plague, and Death Strike, no Death Grip, no Gorefiend's, no AMS cheesing, no battle rezz, and no D&D snare.

The only thing we've got going for us is extreme damage. If they reduced the internal cooldown on rage-generated-from-taking-damage or removed it completely, we'd be playing a very different game. If we had Gag Order back, we'd maybe be a viable choice for anything. At least make Spell Reflect last the full duration instead of being cancelled by a reflection.

Deleted
    It is ridiculous that all we are getting are a couple of tuning changes

2 sec more on Shieldblock
    Ignore Pain off the GCD
    blockable ranged attacks

Months ago they held us off saying that we would have to wait for 8.1 for bigger gameplay changes to address problems.

But in the end we get only fixes that should have been hotfixed in the first week of BFA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    It is ridiculous that all we are getting are a couple of tuning changes

2 sec more on Shieldblock
    Ignore Pain off the GCD
    blockable ranged attacks

Months ago they held us off saying that we would have to wait for 8.1 for bigger gameplay changes to address problems.

But in the end we get only fixes that should have been hotfixed in the first week of BFA!!!!
    They're too busy working on their new mobile games.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP prot for anything involving magic damage, every day is Star Augur day in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    The problems are still: No scaling mitigation like Bonestorm, Blood Plague, and Death Strike, no Death Grip, no Gorefiend's, no AMS cheesing, no battle rezz, and no D&D snare.

The only thing we've got going for us is extreme damage. If they reduced the internal cooldown on rage-generated-from-taking-damage or removed it completely, we'd be playing a very different game. If we had Gag Order back, we'd maybe be a viable choice for anything. At least make Spell Reflect last the full duration instead of being cancelled by a reflection.
    Don't you think it's a stupid-ass idea to make another blood dk out of prot warrior?

Ty for the feedback, that's all i wanted to hear.

Im curuous if we'll see more changes or not. The changes so far seem kind of lackluster, but maybe i underestimate the impact of IP off gcd and 2s shorter cd on block.

I surmised there would be bigger changes to mechanics, focused explicitly on the holes in our dmg-mitigation. But with only 4 weeks to release it feels less and less likely theyll add or change any more, as the ptr window to test such changes are closing fast. I remain somewhat unconvinced the current changes will deastically change popularity and communityperception of the protwarrior.

Tbh i expected more shamanchanges too, they seem to be in the same boat here.