Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Got a gift for my friend's baby is it dangerous?

My friend recently referred me and got me this fucking ridiculously awesome job I love, and he's had a kid too so when I went to this horse show called Cavalia I got his newborn girl one of the plush horsies there, but I looked on the label it says 3+ years old.

Is there really a danger for a newborn to play with this? I thought she might swallow the mane's hair but it's pretty solid i tried yanking on it and it stays pretty well attached I dunno.

I think the horse is fucking adorable and warm if I was a kid growing up with it I'd love the shit out of it, but yeah I don't want to be responsible for accidents. Should I get him something else?

Thanks

the eyes look like the can come off

Probably be up to the parents discretion, either way she can play with it when she comes of age

My Samsung A5 2017 is warm shit at taking pictures, but the eyes are well inside and they're tightly attached.

It should be a fine gift imo. They can just hold it until the baby gets a little older cause it is really adorable. Make them aware of the possible issues just in case, such as the mane and as someone just pointed out, the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, but it’s their kid so deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    This is my first thought, and the usual concern. I'd give it and the parents can keep it on a high shelf for a couple years if they want- it's cute and thoughtful.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

All right thanks everyone, just look at this thing it melts my fucking heart:

Looks like the eyes are a button and can come off. If you want to make it newborn-friendly you could probably remove the eyes and make newborn-friendly eyes (basically eyes made out of thread). Or they can save the toy for later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    All right thanks everyone, just look at this thing it melts my fucking heart:

https://i.imgur.com/DMWk5yt.jpg
    It's a baby toy, no need to link it twice on one page lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Probably not suitable for a newborn due to the eyes and hair (mane and tail), which looks like it could easily come off if the baby sucks on it (choking hazard). If you want to give a baby a plushie, look for something in the baby section. Typically they’re flat with very little fur and they don’t have any buttons or anything like that. Babies will put everything in their mouths, so keep that in mind when looking for a toy.
    That's a good point about the fur. I was trying to figure out the difference between toy suggested age ranges when baby shopping, I did notice that fur was absent on newborn plushies.

fuck goddamnit
    I mean, kids age you know. They'll get to play with it eventually, lol.

It's a trojan horse. When the baby is sleeping...many little dudes will come out and carry the baby away?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's a trojan horse. When the baby is sleeping...many little dudes will come out and carry the baby away?
    what in the unholy fuck, ok sure

10+ Year Old Account
    first get out your geiger counter and check for possible radiation
    then ensure there's no lead paint (the tag will say "Made in China, may contain lead paint")
    so long as you're 0/2 should be good to go.

Source(s):
    Dude trust me

My friend recently referred me and got me this fucking ridiculously awesome job I love, and he's had a kid too so when I went to this horse show called Cavalia I got his newborn girl one of the plush horsies there, but I looked on the label it says 3+ years old.

Is there really a danger for a newborn to play with this? I thought she might swallow the mane's hair but it's pretty solid i tried yanking on it and it stays pretty well attached I dunno.

I think the horse is fucking adorable and warm if I was a kid growing up with it I'd love the shit out of it, but yeah I don't want to be responsible for accidents. Should I get him something else?

Thanks

As a mother myself, I personally would *NOT* give that to my newborn. The eyes and and nose look as though they could come off. The horse itself also looks very "fuzzy", I would tug on some of it's fur to see if any comes off easily. You have to think. Babies tend to explore everything by putting stuff in their mouth.

If you want to give them something for their baby that is a horse - I recommend getting a stuffed animal that isn't so fluffy and has embroidered eyes and nose.
    For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Aurora-AW1570...horse+for+baby

Just a general thing, but notice the eyes, nose, and mouth are embroidered in.

I personally bought a set like this for my sister when her baby was born. Noticed it says "plastic safety eyes and nose".
    https://www.amazon.com/Bellzi-Baby-S...horse+for+baby

Good luck on your decision.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

It's a baby. It doesn't know wtf a horse is. It's just going to drool, puke, and shit on it anyways, because babies are stupid. If you have any fraction of belief in the possibility of a toy-story like reality where toys come alive when you aren't around, then you are effectively condemning that horse to its own personal vietnam.

Put that shit on the shelf for 3 years since you seem to love it so much, then gift it to the kid later in life. Common sense.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    It's a baby. It doesn't know wtf a horse is. It's just going to drool, puke, and shit on it anyways, because babies are stupid. If you have any fraction of belief in the possibility of a toy-story like reality where toys come alive when you aren't around, then you are effectively condemning that horse to its own personal vietnam.

Put that shit on the shelf for 3 years since you seem to love it so much, then gift it to the kid later in life. Common sense.
    LOL I laughed way too hard at this post. I agree, especially at the part about how much the OP seems to love this toy .

Perhaps you should just keep it, OP. Lots of baby toys out there to give.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

eyyy the guy who can overreact to anything get, annoyed/angry/upset about anything sound toxic as fuck as well, giving advice about babies?

fuck off you ain't got a clue you couldn't look after one to save your life not with your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    eyyy the guy who can overreact to anything get, annoyed/angry/upset about anything sound toxic as fuck as well, giving advice about babies?

fuck off you ain't got a clue you couldn't look after one to save your life not with your attitude.
    Somebody get this kid a horse.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."