Poll: Should we punish people with real life consequences for harming NPCs in video games?

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Heh, sad to say that discussing it IRL is met with about the same sort of resistance from deniers and "whatabouters".
    But alas, you're right in essence.
    We put 2 millionaire sexual assaulters in jail. It's working better than this petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    What's ironic is how you claim to be against "dehumanizing" attacks, but have done nothing but make excuse after excuse for Far-Left extremists doing the exact same thing for the last 3 years.

Let's be real, this isn't about "dehumanizing memes", or even the "Alt-Right" for that matter. This is about you being salty you got called out on your hypocritical bullshit, and are desperately trying to salvage something from this argument so you can convince yourself that you "won"...
    No, it's really not though. That's what you HOPE it's about, which is clear as day.

And I've merely asked that you produce facts to back up your attempts at equivalency between the alt-right and far-left's damaging effects upon society. I don't make excuses since I haven't been discussing the far-left to a great enough extent, that's been brought up by you and the other poster in your whataboutism-olympics. I've researched whenever it's been brought up within the context of the debate, and dismissed it as simple whataboutisms, since none of the videos of this Youtuber depicting KKK-killings has far-left fringe groups hijacking the comments sections with hate speech.

Please produce to me the evidence of where I've been hypocritical and called out on it, because thus far it's been about me discussing the ramifications of the comments to the videos, and 2 other posters pulling shit out of their asses, wildly flinging it in the hopes that something sticks.

Sorry, but it doesn't. My point stands, I think it's a very VERY scary climate where the sentiments seen in the comments section are held as some sort of "justice against social justice warriors!!" and those views are allowed to fester and grow, especially in light of recent terrorist attacks specifically aimed at women.

Cue the "BUT WUT ABOUT ANTIFA!!!!!"...

I literally gave your 5 examples of Far-Left violence in the last 2 years, and all your did was plug your ears and spout whataboutisms that the Far-Right does it too... Jesus fucking christ dude, can you at least try to have even an ounce of self-awareness?....
    Case in point, like clockwork.

I know just fine that it happens, but you have yet to present evidence as to why I should be more worried about the far-left when I'm debating alt-right sentiments and behaviour. Don't come at me with whataboutisms and expect me to shift my entire narrative to suit you.

/Snore, I'm done with suffering fools.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-08 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    Meh, I disagree. The dude should've had his channel deleted but whatever. Its a youtube channel, not a big deal if you ask me.
    He should have had his channel deleted because he punch a bundle of pixels in a fictional video game, and you conflated that with somehow promoting violence against women irl?...

Is this really the hill you want to die on?...

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's really not though. That's what you HOPE it's about, which is clear as day.

And I've merely asked that you produce facts to back up your attempts at equivalency between the alt-right and far-left's damaging effects upon society. I don't make excuses since I haven't been discussing the far-left to a great enough extent, that's been brought up by you and the other poster in your whataboutism-olympics. I've researched whenever it's been brought up and dismissed it, since none of the videos of this Youtuber depicting KKK-killings has far-left fringe groups hijacking the comments sections with hate speech.
    I literally gave your 5 examples of Far-Left violence in the last 2 years, and all your did was plug your ears and spout whataboutisms that the Far-Right does it too... Jesus fucking christ dude, can you at least try to have even an ounce of self-awareness?....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe not, but there's still plenty of issues we face that would be nice to overcome, no?
    True, but there are just an many issues men face too. You can't claim to be for "equality", then mock and ridicule men for wanting to talk about their issues too. THAT is why I'm not a Feminist, and will never be one, because it has become nothing more than an ideological cult rooted in hypocrisy and disdain for men.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    He should have had his channel deleted because he punch a bundle of pixels in a fictional video game, and you conflated that with somehow promoting violence against women irl?...

Is this really the hill you want to die on?...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

True, but there are just an many issues men face too. You can't claim to be for "equality", then mock and ridicule men for wanting to talk about their issues too. THAT is why I'm not a Feminist, and will never be one, because it has become nothing more than an ideological cult rooted in hypocrisy and disdain for men.
    You don't HAVE to act like that just because some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    How appropriate that real life NPC's are upset about virtual NPC's though.
    lmao preach it brother

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    How appropriate that real life NPC's are upset about virtual NPC's though.
    Bahzinga!! Exactly what I am thinking as well and how there are people out there that get so enraged on what happens to NPC's in video games.. Maybe these real life NPC's are afraid that it will happen to them and they just realized there is no respawning in real life..

Maybe not, but there's still plenty of issues we face that would be nice to overcome, no?
    There are. And they're not exactly shrinking seeing the growing sentiment of male superiority out there.

Sadly these people have bought into the boogeyman that is modern feminism, all the while ignoring the fact that groups pretending to care about male issues, are usually just an outlet to hate on women.

Actual fourth wave feminism is not anti-male. They have brothers, fathers, boyfriends/husbands just as all the rest... So, the man-hating extremists are just that, considered extremists.

15+ Year Old Account
    And they're not exactly shrinking seeing the growing sentiment of male superiority out there.
    I'm seeing less with a ton of women winning the midterms last night.

I'm seeing less with a ton of women winning the midterms last night.
    Something that's already sending ripples and fueling the sentiment that giving women the right to vote ruins the Western world, despite those women no doubt having many male voters... But they're being dismissed as "soy boys" or "cucks" or whatever is popular to call men that aren't assholes these days. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something that's already sending ripples and fueling the sentiment that giving women the right to vote ruins the Western world, despite those women no doubt having many male voters... But they're being dismissed as "soy boys" or "cucks" or whatever is popular to call men that aren't assholes these days. Oh well.
    They can say whatever they want, but actual action was taken. Idiots on websites have no power over these women

Holy shit is this real? 28 fucking people voted yes? Are you seriously telling me some people think I shouldn't have the freedom to play a video game how I please after I purchase it???

What happens if I'm playing GTA and an NPC jumps in front of my car? Jail time?.....

What in the holy fuck is going on with the world

They can say whatever they want, but actual action was taken. Idiots on websites have no power over these women
    True that, and it pleases me to know just how much that stings the ego of those idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Forte View Post
    Holy shit is this real? 28 fucking people voted yes? Are you seriously telling me some people think I shouldn't have the freedom to play a video game how I please after I purchase it???

What happens if I'm playing GTA and an NPC jumps in front of my car? Jail time?.....

What in the holy fuck is going on with the world
    I think you'll find that 92% voted no, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't happen if MMO-C was some sort of authority.
    Also willing to bet that there's quite a few known "trolls" among the yes-voters too.

The real world has no signs of raising the issue and making it a fact, so safe to say it's not a problem of the world.

True that, and it pleases me to know just how much that stings the ego of those idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you'll find that 92% voted no, so it stands to reason that it wouldn't happen if MMO-C was some sort of authority.
    Also willing to bet that there's quite a few known "trolls" among the yes-voters too.

The real world has no signs of raising the issue and making it a fact, so safe to say it's not a problem of the world.
    Yeah I realize all of that but the fact this is even being asked... like it's within the realm of possible thought... I really can't even. I'm about to go fuck up some towns on fallout 4 out of spite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Forte View Post
    Yeah I realize all of that but the fact this is even being asked... like it's within the realm of possible thought... I really can't even. I'm about to go fuck up some towns on fallout 4 out of spite.
    I mean, let's be honest. The person in the OP wasn't being punished for hurting NPCs in a video game, he was punished for publishing a video to youtube called "beating up a feminist" which depicted him beating up a woman in a video game.

Not really the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't come at me with whataboutisms and expect me to shift my entire narrative to suit you.

/Snore, I'm done with suffering fools.
    Again with the projection...

Sounds like trolling. If that's the case then I'm glad he was banned; the less toxic, the better.

Much like the guy getting a dog to heil Hitler on camera, it was a really dumb idea, but the only thing more dumb is getting worked up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are. And they're not exactly shrinking seeing the growing sentiment of male superiority out there.

Sadly these people have bought into the boogeyman that is modern feminism, all the while ignoring the fact that groups pretending to care about male issues, are usually just an outlet to hate on women.

Actual fourth wave feminism is not anti-male. They have brothers, fathers, boyfriends/husbands just as all the rest... So, the man-hating extremists are just that, considered extremists.
    You are so full of shit. There are hours upon hours of video on YouTube and countless articles from Buzzfeed, HuffPost, Mic, and Vice proving that these "man-hating extremists" are not a fringe part of 4th-wave Feminism, but a massive portion of it. It just blows my mind how you think you could get away with spouting such blatant lies that can be easily debunked...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Yes, and he shouldn’t have been punished. An age restriction I guess, since people seem to think other people should look after their children, but deleted?
    I think you could argue it's promoting or inciting violence against women / activists when taken into the context of the current political climate, given the way the video was named and the terminology used.

There's a fine line and that video is certainly riding it; the issue isn't so much the content but the way it's presented.

Like, if you posted a video of Venom Snake shooting some African child soldiers, that's not really an issue in and of itself. But if you labeled it "MGSV - killing some dirty poc," that's a different matter entirely.

Seems like his channel is back, along with his videos. Claims it was a mistake and not actually against their community guidelines. I know I've seen a lot worse on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45GP9kYSac