Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wildhammers aren't as impossible as others may have seemed.

It honestly feels like Blizzard is taking into consideration many more derivatives of existing races than some players like to make it seem.

"About character customizations, can we expect more of them?

JF: We're definitely looking for more ideas from the community. I know that there are particular groups of Dwarves that really wanna be a Wildhammer member and have all those awesome tattoos, and these ideas ultimately result in us having very nerdy conversations on the whiteboard talking about "oh this is a great idea!", so please, keep shoving those ideas at us, we love hearing them!"
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/...ns-flying-in-n

7+ Year Old Account
    Goooooood!!

While i like the current Allied races, i am also very sad, that Allied races have taken a huge priority over new races with their own starting zones and faction ideals. Allied races like Nightborne are cool to have, but they are nothing like Goblins when it comes to content added. I see them as a form of extra costumization to the game and not really as new race elements added to each faction.

So while they are a fun thing, i would very much love for them to only be a thing in BFA with 9.0 and forward focusing on more complete new races instead of just the Allied race package.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

In interview Alex Afrasiabi said that, i quote ''Allied Races are chosen for coolness, passion, excitement, and other factors. Animations are important, as player character animations have the most out of anything in the character database. KT males and females are brand new rings with some animations that are different than humans.''

So i think that if ''coolness'' really matter then someone at blizzard really have a bad taste when it comes to some choices for AR.

Maybe we will actually see that there's no pattern when they will decide to add last 2 AR to the game..

Expect two more in 8.2.5, and another two in 8.3.5.

You won't get Wildhammers or Forest Trolls this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Maybe we will actually see that there's no pattern when they will decide to add last 2 AR to the game..
    They've been following a pretty clear pattern 8/8 times so far.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-11-08 at 02:23 PM.

Tbh they should indeed add more customization options like skin colours for Trolls so you can RP a sand troll or Revantusk troll etc. Tattoos for Dwarves to look like Wildhammer. Upright standing undead. And so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    In interview Alex Afrasiabi said that, i quote ''Allied Races are chosen for coolness, passion, excitement, and other factors. Animations are important, as player character animations have the most out of anything in the character database. KT males and females are brand new rings with some animations that are different than humans.''

So i think that if ''coolness'' really matter then someone at blizzard really have a bad taste when it comes to some choices for AR.

They even screwed races like nightborne and dark irons, hope the light undead, vulpera and mechagnomes becomes something cool
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2018-11-08 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Probably didn't make as much money off race changes as they expected.

I think we're doing fine with the number of new races. I just want more race/class combinations opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    About the wildhammer, while they have a defined identity, there is a huge problem. Wildhammer are already included in the current dwarf race. They just need to add a tatoo option to the character creation. Why? Because the Dwarf Shaman is a wildhammer already. If you look at their totems, they have the griffon feather. Shaman was added to the dwarf race because of the wildhammer and it would make little sense to pull it out now.
    To be clear, I would welcome Wildhammers. They could have a lot of tattoo options and crazier hair to differentiate them.

On a personal level, I would not mind more allied races, the more the merrier. I think Blizzard is reluctant to add too many more for fear of blocking themselves off from making more in the future (they want to avoid a character creation screen filled to the brim with allied races).

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Agreed also screw anyone who makes an argument against other allied races because they are similar to existing.

Nightborn
    Voidelves

Taunka are less similar than those two I mean even Forest troll has better variation than WoWs army of elves
    Nightborn and Void Elves don't use the same models. There might be Elf fatigue but at least those two are different (compared to say adding Wildhammer and Dark Iron, which use the same model).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Although they always denied allied races being subraces the pattern of allied races being somehow connected with the main races seems quite obvious (although these connecteion can be cross faction, ie Nightborne/Night Elves and Blood Elves/Void Elves). So the most likely scenario is 4 allied races after Zandalari/Kultiran: one for gnomes, one for goblins, one for worgen and one for undead. Guesses are Mechagnomes (A), Vulpera (H), Forsaken Elves(H) and no idea for a Worgen counterpart.
    Sethrak.

Vulpera (H) Sethrak (A)
    Forsaken Elves (H) Junker Gnomes (A)
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    To be clear, I would welcome Wildhammers. They could have a lot of tattoo options and crazier hair to differentiate them.

On a personal level, I would not mind more allied races, the more the merrier. I think Blizzard is reluctant to add too many more for fear of blocking themselves off from making more in the future (they want to avoid a character creation screen filled to the brim with allied races).

Nightborn and Void Elves don't use the same models. There might be Elf fatigue but at least those two are different (compared to say adding Wildhammer and Dark Iron, which use the same model).
    I don't care about the models if it's an elf then it's an elf. The skeleton isn't so drastically different that I see it as a non purple/pinkish elf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Sethrak.

Vulpera (H) Sethrak (A)
    Forsaken Elves (H) Junker Gnomes (A)
    Oh please no forsaken elves

Deleted
    If theres more forsaken, it will be the light variant. Elves are very unlikely... unless they finally decide to add high elves as well.

I think at this point it's likely we'll only see new races added to the factions that are themed to what is going on at the time. If we get Nazjatar Allied Races I expect them to be related to Nazjatar, same with what ever comes after that.

We're unlikely to get many more despite what Blizzard says though. Similarly to Artifacts where they did all the work for the appearances in development/beta, and then pretty much nothing after launch. They're doing the same now where they did the majority of their AR work in development/beta including KT/ZA and absolutely nothing since then. Safest bet would be on only one more race per faction for the rest of the expansion.

And yeah they absolutely will never Elf one faction more than another. They will only ever be added in pairs, they're far too popular.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2018-11-08 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Probably didn't make as much money off race changes as they expected.
    I don't know man, there are a lot of void elves running around and Maghar as well because at this point a lot of people already has exalted with the honorbound and when the zandalaris are released, you can bet a lot of cows and trans elves will race change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

If it turns out we're going to get fewer allied races than imagined, we should execute a most masterful, insidious plan to get back at the game director, Won Hazzikostas.

We squeal like pigs.

I know school yard rules taught us snitching will get you stitches, but if we want our Vulpera, High Elves, Half-Ogres, Mogu, Jinyu, Furbolgs, we have to be snakes (pun.) We should go on Activision's twitter and say Ion not giving us more allied races is costing Activision probably millions of dollars in faction/race change game services money.

A nameless CEO from Activision with a sleeveless shirt and buff arms and black tie will then walk into Ion's office, slap the back of his head and proceed to throw him around the room saying "WHY YOU COSTING ME MONEY, NERD? Give'em High Elves or it's back to elitistjerks.com for you, nut sack!" Ion will cry and plead in the fetal position and then give us all the allied races we want.

Yeah, work is pretty boring today.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2018-11-08 at 09:52 PM.

From Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call:

World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly quarter-over-quarter. The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.

Does that mean race changes into allied races for example? I would assume so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    We did not and do not "need" any allied race at all.
    agree
    what we asked since Cata was a f8cking barber house customization, not an entire new race from scratch, we don't need draenei hd or tauren hd, at least blizz did a 'good' idea giving emo elves and nightborne to opposite factions, so u can play belfs and stay alliance, but why exactly we get taurens and trolls hd ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Allied races as a concept can be with the game forever from now on.

I'm still expecting at least one more set of races that we don't know about, for BfA. They're a variant of subraces, something the playerbase hankered after for a looooong time. And we've gotten reskins as well as wholly unique ones, soooo...
    I for one think Allied races have been a resounding success, and as such they're a way to print money.

I'm still under the belief there will be an allied race equivalient for all the currently available races, which leaves 3 on both sides -
    A (Sethrak) probably but not sure depends on how the story goes and if Tyrande can stop being useless for more than 15 seconds
    A (Mechagnomes) - Opresseed half gnome/machine things pretty obvious
    A (Jinyu/ Fish Samurai) because in all honesty... They arent going to add an allied race for EVERY race BUT Pandaren

H (Vulpera) because
    H (San'layn) Mark my words, during the horde campaign at someone point will discover how to make new San'layn and Sylvanas will appoint Nathanos to rule them and formerly bring them into the horde
    H(Mogu) I used to think Hozen as the opposition to the Jinyu but the Mogu works just as well, there was the one developer slipped "What does Azerite mean for these allied races, like Mogu"

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Nope we need more. Incoming Wildhammer & Frostborn. Frostborn be amazing with frosty beards like dark iron. Wildhammer with those tattoos!

Wait ...then there is Void dwarves! Lightforge dwarves! Undead Dwarves! Then that race of dwarves that Cenrious took under his wing and made into druids with long green beards!

More dwarves! MORE MORE MORE!
    Haha, love it!

Vulpera is out of the picture, Sethrak too. Next will be some gnome and goblin lookalike #thehorror

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    From Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call:

World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly quarter-over-quarter. The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.

Does that mean race changes into allied races for example? I would assume so...
    Yeah. Void Elves will be the 3rd@120)most popular race for Alliance soon. People love the elves. And that is ka-ching for blizz.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-11-09 at 03:15 AM.