Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post

Looks like he had it coming and since CNN can put another journalist in his place at the very next press corpse meeting this is a complete nonissue.
    Except for the barring a journalist and LYING about the reasons and using altered footage.

You know, if you loose your job because someone tampered a tape with you urinating in the coffee machine, and they hire someone new, is everything alright and the lying a non-issue?
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2018-11-09 at 05:23 PM.

Looks like he had it coming and since CNN can put another journalist in his place at the very next press corpse meeting this is a complete nonissue.
    Yeah that's not how this works.

[video=youtube;b4qGtEiEh4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qGtEiEh4A&list=WL&index=2&t=0s[/vieo]
    So much wrong with what you said.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Trumpeters, pretend for a moment that Obama was still in office, you know, the "dark times". Now pretend it was a Fox reporter that got banned. Would you still feel that this was tot's justified?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    Except lied and claimed (while at the white house) they had been banned from a white house event. But of course they never did this at a press conference because Obama never flat out lied directly to reporters like cheeto does at every one. Also not yielding the mic isn't a rare occurrence(not common, but has happened), no matter how much reich wing spin you try to push here.
    It seems like some posters here demand a person be lock step on hating Trump in every possible way, or else you are some sort of racist. Even Trump is right sometimes, despite being a mega asshole. No person can be wrong about everything, or be the ultimate evil in all arenas. Thinking that's a thing, is just silly and childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Just to chime in here, because this seems to be going under a lot here but I think a discussion should be had who is or is not respecting the office of the president.

I know we are all just used to "Donald being Donald" and just accepting his antics, but should we really? You speak that the office demands respect. Yet, I would argue that the very person who currently holds the office is not showing it any respect. Let's just recap the events unfolding here. The reporter was somewhat rude. Trump was rude. That might be a bit disrespectful on the reporter's side. But then, the president, through his staff, actively mis-characterizes that encounter, trying to frame "not yielding the mike" as "put his hands on a woman". He could have just suspended Acosta for the first thing. But going for that extra mile, using edited video, having his press secretary lie for him (see line of sight thing) - is that not disrespectful of the office itself? That is not what the Potus should be about. Just because Trump keeps doing stuff like that does not mean it should be accepted.

The office demands respect. But that respect should be mutual. A president does not have to earn respect, but he can very well lose it. Namely, by not respecting the office itself. Or, by not respecting the people. Because he is supposed to serve the people. He is the President of United States. All of it. All of them. He is not just the president of those who like him. If he offers them the same respect that is demanded by the office, and respects the office itself, then he should be respected indeed. But everyone who criticizes lack of respect on the side of Acosta should always criticize Trump at the same time. Otherwise we might end up moving towards a society where the leader demands respect, but offers none in return.
    The video is NOT edited though. The edited video is on CNN. We have several sources of the video that show he did in fact touch the woman. But I would not have characterized it as "putting his hands on and intern", so I am not arguing that point at all. I'm speaking to just how silly it is, to defend a man that refuses to give up the mic, and let other reporters (all of which are smarter than him) ask questions that actually have a point and lead to an increase in knowledge about a thing.

I could not agree with you more, that Trump is just as big of a douche as Acosta, and brings a lot of this on himself. I'm just saying to those who are cheering this reporter along, be careful what new norms you are setting. Someday it will be a different president, and many of the Trump norms will be carried on to that person.

I truly do thank you though, for discussing this in a civilized manner, without name calling. I wish others would follow your example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I'm sorry, I think there would be a very small portion that would support it, but I think he'd lose most of his base. There are a few lines he can't cross still...
    We've blown right past so many clear lines where that should have occurred that none of us really believe there is any such line, for Trump supporters, any more.

That particular boy has cried wolf too often for us to believe they're super serial that there's really a line, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Centrist View Post
    It seems like some posters here demand a person be lock step on hating Trump in every possible way, or else you are some sort of racist. Even Trump is right sometimes, despite being a mega asshole. No person can be wrong about everything, or be the ultimate evil in all arenas. Thinking that's a thing, is just silly and childish.
    Nobody is arguing that Trump is the "ultimate evil". Nor are they saying he's incapable of doing anything good, ever.

Your attempt to move goalposts so that you can protest being expected to condemn Trump's conduct in this particular instance, however, is noted. Thank you for the clear demonstration of your bad faith and desire to twist the outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like some posters here demand a person be lock step on hating Trump in every possible way...
    Yeah, you burn ONE cross on your ethnic neighbors lawn and you're a "racist"!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And yet you're still defending them. Whooosh back over your head. Shout if you're confused.
    I'll bet you are fun at parties. I don't care to argue semantics with you about your nonsense. You can be right or whatever. Who cares?

Corps. Not corpse. Greetings from Germany.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    yes the left tried for the last decade, norms, standard procedure and discourse. and the left is just now figuring out gonna have to fight fire with fire, because facts and logic means nothing in the age of trump its all about "feels" and soundbites.
    So you are in the Hillary camp, that thinks civility is only prudent when your side is in charge? That's a really disgusting view to take, in my humble opinion. Civility is paramount to a successful society.

10+ Year Old Account
    I truly do thank you though, for discussing this in a civilized manner, without name calling. I wish others would follow your example.
    Barf

This is why everyone thinks you're ally
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet you are fun at parties. I don't care to argue semantics with you about your nonsense. You can be right or whatever. Who cares?
    I am. You can't (meaning, since you'll get this wrong too, you are unable to argue them) argue semantics with me. I am right and your "whatever" is just more evidence of what we know of your history. Deplorables can't seem to change who they are, no matter what name they shrill under.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    If anyone is undeserving of our respect it's Trump. Titles and position only take you so far, it's actions that are the true factor.
    It's hard to argue with that. Trump absolutely deserves little respect.

But the office does, and so does the building where this happened, in my opinion. I just fear tearing down norms, because Trump is doing that, leads to more of the thing we said we didn't like about Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Wish they had upvoting

Trump speaks from his ass too much but outside that nothing has litterally changed since 2010
    Yeah, Obamacare was a bigger impact on us, than ANYTHING Trump has done. It's not even close.

But people just like to get all spun up about things, like it's life or death. It's not. Most of what Washington does, amounts to a bunch of nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I am. You can't (meaning, since you'll get this wrong too, you are unable to argue them) argue semantics with me. I am right and your "whatever" is just more evidence of what we know of your history. Deplorables can't seem to change who they are, no matter what name they shrill under.
    Party on, Garth.

But the office does, and so does the building where this happened, in my opinion. I just fear tearing down norms, because Trump is doing that, leads to more of the thing we said we didn't like about Trump.
    The only one disrespecting the office is Trump. Everyone else is actually shocked at the disrespect he shows for that office. You seem to be mistaking criticism of his person disrespecting the office as disrespect for the office. That's factually incorrect.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

In this situation the only people tearing down norms are the Trump people. Trump lied about the events, and it was documented and witnessed that he was lying. The only confusion is with people like you who continue to defend Trump and his actions and his people.

But we love it - keeps us loose and fresh for the real fight. Which we are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Barf

This is why everyone thinks you're ally
    How dare someone enjoy speaking like an adult. Who is this Ally though? She sounds chill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yeah, you burn ONE cross on your ethnic neighbors lawn and you're a "racist"!
    To quote a wise philosopher: "That's just funny right there. I don't care who you are." - Larry the Cable Guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We've blown right past so many clear lines where that should have occurred that none of us really believe there is any such line, for Trump supporters, any more.

That particular boy has cried wolf too often for us to believe they're super serial that there's really a line, somewhere.

Nobody is arguing that Trump is the "ultimate evil". Nor are they saying he's incapable of doing anything good, ever.

Your attempt to move goalposts so that you can protest being expected to condemn Trump's conduct in this particular instance, however, is noted. Thank you for the clear demonstration of your bad faith and desire to twist the outcome.
    I disagree but thanks for sharing your view, friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The only one disrespecting the office is Trump. Everyone else is actually shocked at the disrespect he shows for that office. You seem to be mistaking criticism of his person disrespecting the office as disrespect for the office. That's factually incorrect.
    No, I'm saying if it TRULY offends you how Trump is tearing down norms in civility, returning the incivility in kind, is a strange way to defend civility.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm saying if it TRULY offends you how Trump is tearing down norms in civility, returning the incivility in kind, is a strange way to defend civility.
    I must have missed when Acosta called Trump "Fake President" or "Enemy of the People" as far as I heard he didn't levy any such insults even while being insulted repeatedly.
    /s

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Except for the barring a journalist and LYING about the reasons and using altered footage.

You know, if you loose your job because someone tampered a tape with you urinating in the coffee machine, and they hire someone new, is everything alright and the lying a non-issue?
    Being a part of the white house press corpse is a privilege. Reporting on anything and everything the president does is a right. There's a difference. Unless you want to provide video of Acosta doing the same thing with any of our other presidents like what Mark Dice threw together then I don't see a problem with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah that's not how this works.
    It is. Not my problem if you don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So much wrong with what you said.
    No there isn't. CNN can still send another journalist...maybe they'll get one that is interested in playing by the same rules all the other journalists in the press corpse abide by instead of just grandstanding.

No there isn't. CNN can still send another journalist...maybe they'll get one that is interested in playing by the same rules all the other journalists in the press corpse abide by instead of just grandstanding.
    Wish the Republicans would send us another president that would play by the rules. Can't wait for the investigations to finish....

Being a part of the white house press corpse is a privilege. Reporting on anything and everything the president does is a right. There's a difference. Unless you want to provide video of Acosta doing the same thing with any of our other presidents like what Mark Dice threw together then I don't see a problem with any of this.

It is. Not my problem if you don't understand that.

No. Just stop. All of this? This is the "conservative" bullshit that needs to stop. So stop.