Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Doubt you find much sources to support that, given the fact that Putress wasn't exactly a central character, rather than a tool.

Granted, not much to support my side, however, it does at address the implication of Sylvanas having a hand in the Wrathgate incident.
    But given how it's just an implication, it being addressed by one possible chain of events doesn't really mean much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Since when has Sylvanas cared about friendly fire with the Blight?
    She doesn't, but she also probably didn't intend for her troops to deliberately target the Alliance and Horde forces with it, more "If you're near Arthas when the Blight is dropped on him then its your own fault."

But Putress didn't just fire at Arthas, he very deliberately fired at the Alliance and Horde forces as well.

Ah, but will she remain Horde?
    Obviously not. You can see the writers straining in frustration as people refuse to switch sides wholesale to Saurfang no matter how hard they make Sylvanas a caricature of herself to the point of saying the whole alternative questline(s) are made to show you how wrong you are to not back Anduin's prophet.

She won't stay Warchief she'll likely be a raid boss, but she won't die, is my bet on it. She'll instead be a lead in to the next expansion, Garrosh-style, so the retread is complete.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'm not up for today's blizzard writers retconning lore, that's what hack writers do when they can't be original.

However, if this was true, it would put more a depth into saurfangs hatred for sylvanas, because she's be responsible for his son's death then.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    She doesn't, but she also probably didn't intend for her troops to deliberately target the Alliance and Horde forces with it, more "If you're near Arthas when the Blight is dropped on him then its your own fault."

But Putress didn't just fire at Arthas, he very deliberately fired at the Alliance and Horde forces as well.
    That's the natural result of encouraging your followers to hate everyone alive, but I suppose Sylvanas wouldn't have deliberately targeted them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    sHE won't be killed off.
    https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-1...n-for-sylvanas
    Blizzard has inserted damage control to end this debate
    You know they also once promised thrall would return as warchief.
    Plans change.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed this is the hilarious part. Sylvanas dies and suddenly the Horde washes their hands clean and when the Alliance counters they will be the evil ones all off a sudden. . .

Honor can only be reclaimed through Sacrifice, which is what Grom learned. Only Grom sacrificed just his own honor and that of a few of his troops (who all willingly joined). Sylvanas' dying redeems noone.
    Yeah. Even though I'm not sure if Alex just misspoke here, they won't redeem the Horde by scapegoating everything evil that ever happened on Sylvanas. If that happens in the end, than it'll just be laughable. Horde should acknowledge parts where they screwed up too, if nothing at least that they didn't have the balls to stand up to her sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So you're saying Sylvanas is Rurushu of Azeroth?
    Hey, if it fits I don't see why not!
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2018-11-09 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    And even if this is just some stupid mistake and not a retcon, the feeling that Blizzard doesn't really give a shit about their game anymore remains. It's that kind of sneaking suspicion that won't go away once it's established within the community.
    Remember when Delaryn Summermoon was giving out world quests in "The War of Thorns" AFTER she had been killed at the Burning of Teldrassil? Blizz writers can't even keep track of ONE npc in this short lived event. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Perhaps the three agreed on blight bombing the Lich King as well as the A&H armies if need be, but then Putress and Varimathras subsequently used the moment of chaos that the Wrathgate incident brought to betray her, or something along those lines.
    That would be rather impossible though because by all accounts the coup happened first. When you get to Orgrimmar just after Wrathgate the Forsaken refugees are already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Obviously not. You can see the writers straining in frustration as people refuse to switch sides wholesale to Saurfang no matter how hard they make Sylvanas a caricature of herself to the point of saying the whole alternative questline(s) are made to show you how wrong you are to not back Anduin's prophet.
    Maybe they'll get an aneurysm from all this frustration, will be forced to resign for medical reason and Blizzard will finally hire someone actually competent.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    My impression is Afrasiabi and others are very dissatisfied that we haven't ditched Sylvanas and gotten on the muh honor train yet so much like I'm supporting Sylvanas out of spite they're intent on making her as bad and incompetent as possible until we default to this shitty lecturing plot.

That said, they're bound to fail. I'd even take the character deletion/raid mob option over being part of Anduin's Hordalliance.
    That's my take as well. Alex can say he loves Sylvanas all he likes, his writing shows otherwise. He is to Saurfang as Metzen is to Thrall.

Maybe they'll get an aneurysm from all this frustration, will be forced to resign for medical reason and Blizzard will finally hire someone actually competent.
    Only if in their daze they destroy every copy of the script and are forced to start over.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Are you implying their current writing team is competent and rigorous enough to make a script? I always assumed they scribble whatever bullshit comes up to their heads on a napkin 15 minutes away from deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I mean even Varimathras made a comment about it in Legion. That she's playing the looong game and has pulled the wool over our eyes. There has always been some sliver of doubt around whether or not Sylvanas had a hand in the Wrath Gate. Besides, The Forsaken have always been shadey mother fuckers using the Horde out of convenience, not loyalty. None of her actions have surprised me now that she has total control.
    Varimathras didn't say shit about wrathgate. He implied that she "seized the throne of hides and bones" by tricking us. But he was also wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

Watch this statement turn out to be intentional, and done specifically for the purpose of having Saurfang find out and find even more justification for disliking Sylvanas.
    I honestly think if what is said about sylvanas is true, its true and only true for the sake of that said situation alone.

what Im thinking is, that they wanted to create 2 balanced groups of horde players each supporting either sylvanas or saurfang to add some spice to the game, but then they saw (and Im saying this while not being one of them, I dont believe saurfang goes under the definition of a traitor. ) it appears that most players ended up not liking saurfang or worse, seeing him as a traitor. so they needed to put some weight on Saurfangs side if as they said they wanted to create an option for players to chose between those 2 said characters.

so whats better to make sylvanas slightly more darker and evil ( as if she isnt allready dark and enough evil, but they still couldnt tip players toward saurfang )

Im still not sure how they pull up so many wrong things with sylvanas and still look players in the face and say she wont end up like garrosh did. only other option is if she actually wins unlike garrosh!

Are you implying their current writing team is competent and rigorous enough to make a script? I always assumed they scribble whatever bullshit comes up to their heads on a napkin 15 minutes away from deadline.
    I actually found a leaked image of their writing process.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    You realize the same person is the one that written STM Garrosh ?
    And that has nothing to do with my point. You were making it sound like this is just an inconsistency in the lore. My point is that the person who has been writing sylvanas this whole time would know whether she was involved in the wrath gate or not. I personally always thought that she was. She didn't have all that blight created for nothing. She has always had shady motivations, this is nothing new. In cata she was literally trying to commit genocide on the worgen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that sure is something. I guess Putress and Vatimathras were just her patsies. Or Blizzard doesn't exactly know their lore, misspoke, or decided this is how it should be.
    Could be they were talking about the development of the blight, which was very much something Sylvanas backed back in the day. Alternatively, she knew what Putress & Varimathras were doing, and manipulated things so that they'd unwittingly do what she wanted. Not sure I like this plan - I would've thought her desire to defeat Arthas would encourage her to use the Alliance & Horde to do that, not weaken them both in the fight against the Lich King by encouraging both factions to fight each other - but I'll throw this out as a possibility.

Or they've just decided to screw with their own lore. Again.
    Still not tired of winning.

I want to say this was a flub and that Sylvanas did NOT order the wrathgate.

Buuuuuut I'm reminded of one of the blues saying that he thinks Garrosh executed that guy in Stonetalon for 'wasting a bomb' and not for bombing a school full of innocents. Given that WoW retcons something about once every five minutes I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if this is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    He didn't specifically say the wrathgate but he implied she's been at this for a while now and that event was the last thing he was around for. That was my take on it anyway. And for all we know Sylvanas did trick "us"(vol'jin) into giving her the title of warchief as now they don't know who it was whispering to him that he make her warchief but they don't seem to think it was the loa anymore.
    Sylvanas herself didn't want to be Warchief and blames Vol'jin and the loa in the shitty book. That wouldn't discount them retconning it as being part of her evil plan in their vain attempt to make her opposition more palatable, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    That's my take as well. Alex can say he loves Sylvanas all he likes, his writing shows otherwise. He is to Saurfang as Metzen is to Thrall.
    I think the writing staff sees Sylvanas differently than you.

See, if the writers told me that they loved Arthas and thought he was an awesome and compelling character, their very favorite, I would wholeheartedly believe them without question. However, I'd bet those people would write Arthas as a compelling villain and see him as such. Not as an antihero. Not as a hero.

Perhaps the writers always saw Sylvanas as a clever and cunning villain, who knew how to manupulate and deceive others into overlooking and supporting her. Their only failing is that people started believing the bullshit. Thinking she meant what she said.