Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like server/maintenance costs would fade over time. Quite the opposite actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool ..... already wondered when this topic would pop up. I am more than happy with this monetization of Classic. It's a win-win-situation for both sides. Blizzard will stabilize WoW subs and as retailplayer I get Classic for free. And even if I don't want to play retail anymore nothing has changed.

There will always be people who want everything for free. However they are nobodys target audience so nobody gives a f...! Go play on some Russian cash shop servers and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrprincess View Post
    Why pay the full price for a game that is old and you've played it already?.
    Lets pretend expansions never happened. Lets say WoW just ended at Naxx, but it was still a thriving game that people enjoyed.

How much would you pay then? You'd pay 15/mo
    How much would you pay now? You'd pay 15/mo

Of course, that's ignoring the possibility that it may be a reduced price for just classic. We don't know. All we know is it comes with Retail.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You're not alone OP,

Every other ungrateful entitled snowflakes stand by your side.

Stay classy, boycott classic !

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Would you mind explaining how it's fair to charge people $15/m for an old game that was already released, updated, and will not receive any more updates? Explain to me how it's worth $15/m as opposed to being B2P. I think that is straight up robbery and find it hilarious that people don't see it that way. If you already play on the live servers, then sure, it's a steal.

15 dollars a month if your only intent is to play Vanilla, is absolutely ridiculous. But sure, people can keep defending that if they want.
    Why should I pay 15 bucks for watered down shit, aka retail?

Hey look, it's some those people claiming they are willing to pay sub fee if blizzard release Classic...Yeah right, give me a break.

People like OP playing on private servers just because it's free. Do you even know what do you pay those 15 dollar per month? It's for service, not for a game. The fee is for access for a server which is stable with full support. We already paid the price of the game when we bought it, you don't even have to buy the game to get access to Classic, it's beyond me how you can complain for such a ridiculous thing.

Well, at least less players to compete with in starting zones for mob kills I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonjuiceyo View Post
    Can´t wait to Raid as a mage and press Frostbolt 24/7 jk i crit gotta afk for a minute or so
    What does that have to do with sub costs?

It's not like the server costs goes down, just because it's vanilla wow running on the servers. There will also likely be need for maintenance and such as well.

Deleted
    Paying subscription to play WoW is the Vanila experience, #nochanges xD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Title says it all. If I'm one of the few who are only interested in classic, fine I probably won't pay it. To be honest, I think I got it right though. Why pay the full price for a game that is old and you've played it already? Also, I've seen a post somewhere that some costs that can be ascribed to a sub can be reduced. I believe split subs would only be fair to players like me, and hopefully you.
    You can pay for retail and get classic for free or you can watch others play it on Twitch, or you can do what most of us do which is not pay a dime and use in-game gold

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well the thing is that you wouldnt be able to play retail without buying the expansion

you're paying sub to get to the server essentially, not for the game itself.. and classic is free because its basically a part of the game that you already bought years ago
    Exactly. They aren't going to charge for a box copy because that would essentially be making players pay twice for the same content ( and legally I'm not even sure they can ), so for $15 dollars a month you will get access to the Classic servers and whatever version of live servers are without the latest expansion.

Classic is worth $15 bucks to me, especially with it having it's own Dev team looking after things.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Would you mind explaining how it's fair to charge people $15/m for an old game that was already released, updated, and will not receive any more updates? Explain to me how it's worth $15/m as opposed to being B2P. I think that is straight up robbery and find it hilarious that people don't see it that way. If you already play on the live servers, then sure, it's a steal.

15 dollars a month if your only intent is to play Vanilla, is absolutely ridiculous. But sure, people can keep defending that if they want.
    People were saying they can pay even more than 15$ just to have Classic done by Blizzard, and even more people were saying they are ready to reactivate sub only to play Classic. Guess its all now about free stuff.

Part of the 'classic experience' was paying for a sub. Just as most of you people wanted, this feature hasn't changed. Removing or lowering the sub would be as tainted as that darn spooky sharding technology.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Title says it all. If I'm one of the few who are only interested in classic, fine I probably won't pay it. To be honest, I think I got it right though. Why pay the full price for a game that is old and you've played it already? Also, I've seen a post somewhere that some costs that can be ascribed to a sub can be reduced. I believe split subs would only be fair to players like me, and hopefully you.
    I am hoping they will charge a one off purchase for the game ($20-30) and then require an already active wow sub to play. that way it will encourage people who already play BfA to play Classic and vice versa

I will only sub if my only option is to buy time cards at the mall because my mom won't let me use her credit card. #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Before Blizzard announced Classic one of the arguments for not doing it would be it wouldn't make money because the classic community wouldn't pay for access to the servers. This is just showing up to be very true. The classic community said "I'd pay the sub for an official classic experience" but now? You see private servers stating they aren't going to shut down and a lot of people claiming they will stick to the private servers despite the less than authentic experience just because "Blizz sucks"
    Yes you got 2 posters in 3 pages saying they don't fancy paying so it's pretty obviously "very true"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am hoping they will charge a one off purchase for the game ($20-30) and then require an already active wow sub to play. that way it will encourage people who already play BfA to play Classic and vice versa
    Like I said in my previous post, I'm not sure they legally can even charge an initial box fee because for example I've already purchased a license for that content. I'd be interested in the legal side of it because it's not like a remastered version of WC3 where the original version of WC3 is still available to you if you purchased it, Vanilla WoW is gone until Classic is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Like I said in my previous post, I'm not sure they legally can even charge an initial box fee because for example I've already purchased a license for that content. I'd be interested in the legal side of it because it's not like a remastered version of WC3 where the original version of WC3 is still available to you if you purchased it, Vanilla WoW is gone until Classic is released.
    On the Legal side, Vanilla WoW doesn't exist and WoW BFA is an extension for World of Warcraft (the product you call "Vanilla") and WoW Classic is a different standalone product.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I don't know what to tell you. I think you are in the extreme minority if you have a problem with this sub fee. I think it is extremely reasonable, and fair. If you don't want to pay for it, maybe you can go play some private server then?
    If you think paying $15 a month for a game that's over 10 years old is reasonable and fair you're delusional.
    Classic is worth at best $20, once. Not monthly.

"But you also get retail" -You probably
    "But I don't want to play retail" -Me

"But they need to cover upkeep costs" -You probably
    "Classic won't have major patches past it's final patch and has very low maintainence" -Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    This happened in Wrath my dude, but keep telling everyone you're a TBC player. We'll believe you.
    Off topic but seeing as there was achievements to get 400 unarmed skill and the like; are we sure it wasn't Cataclysm when they dropped weapon skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Cataclysm Pre-Patch... As in Wrath /golfclap
    Shucks, if you're gonna be a dick about it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.