Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Will we see more of Azshara?

Hello,

what could it mean

The patch name "Rise of Azshara" is not just a turn of phrase

from the interview, that we will see azshara rising and bexoming something motr?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that a content patch named after her and dedicated to dealing with her... would involve her somehow.

Deleted
    no i mean after the patch, the patch is named rise of azshara.

and in the interview it was stated that its not just a turn or phrase so i think its maybe the start to something more with herü

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I'd imagine that a content patch named after her and dedicated to dealing with her... would involve her somehow.
    Nah dude, I am sure the patch is about Neptulon and Ragnaros, the name is just red herring
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Probably not. BFA's the South Seas expansion everyone thought she'd be the villain of, and now Nazjatar's gonna be a zone. There's not really anything left associated with her for future content. At most they might find a way to drag her out to 8.3, but she's dying this expac.

Which is a waste IMO. She easily could have carried her own expac, but instead Blizz decided to shunt their only remaining WC3 villain to the background in favor of a MoP rehash.

See more of her...as in...no clothes..or what??

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    See more of her...as in...no clothes..or what??
    Two fish and a N'zoth like where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Two fish and a N'zoth like where this is going.
    Indeed! Good fish bad fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Probably not. BFA's the South Seas expansion everyone thought she'd be the villain of, and now Nazjatar's gonna be a zone. There's not really anything left associated with her for future content. At most they might find a way to drag her out to 8.3, but she's dying this expac.

Which is a waste IMO. She easily could have carried her own expac, but instead Blizz decided to shunt their only remaining WC3 villain to the background in favor of a MoP rehash.
    I still can't believe how they fucked with something so simple, the questline for both Kultiras and Zandalar is by far a lot better than the alliance vs horde plotline and without mention a lot of people wanted some sea battles or mechanics that we will never get again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The name refers to her raising Nazjatar from the oceans floor. It was already stated as such at Blizzcon when they showed of the concept art and spoke about the patch.

After they wasted an entire planet on three shitty zones, is anyone surprised at this? They have all kinds of incredible settings, but neither the creativity or balls to really use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

They haven't really done it in a while, but I can see Azshara losing this patch and escaping to N'zoth's tomb. Gets there and begs him to help her again, he does his "Deals? I like deals" and turns her into a huge abomination.

It could be a fitting death for her, her not dying as a queen, but some abomination puppet of N'zoth.

I hope we do learn a lot... not about her though, about the greatest warrior Azeroth has ever seen, Nar'jira!
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-11-13 at 05:21 AM.

Aszhara is IMO going the way of Kil'Jaeden and being offed in this xpacs version of Tomb of Sargeras.

After that either she or Sylvanas brings about N'zoth and he will be the big bad at the end with Sylvanas escaping and losing control of the horde and that way Blizz can say 'I told you it wasnt a rehash of SoO'!

She's not a WC3 villain. She's not even referenced in WC3. She is strictly a novel villain that was also referenced in WoW a couple of times. Of course she's a very important character off-screen and could have had a full xpac for her own, but she's not an original RTS villain, just as Deathwing wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The lack of "turn of phrase" refers to the rise of Nazjatar, I think. Hence the outdoor nature of it as a crack in the ocean rather than an exclusively underwater setting. Hence, "Rise" of Azshara.

If you look at the context, he's talking about Naz'Jatar physically rising from the sea floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with 'it means Nazjatar will literally rise out of the ocean.'

There has not been a lot of build up for what should have been an expansion-worthy villainess. Kinda hoping we don't actually kill Azshara though, just defeat her and drive her away... maybe fight her again when she goes to wake up N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Gonna go with 'it means Nazjatar will literally rise out of the ocean.'

There has not been a lot of build up for what should have been an expansion-worthy villainess. Kinda hoping we don't actually kill Azshara though, just defeat her and drive her away... maybe fight her again when she goes to wake up N'Zoth.
    Pretty much that. Though I'm hoping we "lose" to her and she wakes up N'zoth and then afterwards we find some way to deal with that whole mess.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    After they wasted an entire planet on three shitty zones, is anyone surprised at this? They have all kinds of incredible settings, but neither the creativity or balls to really use them.
    I wouldn't say three shitty zones, I quite liked them, which is why Argus not being it's own thing is really disappointing.

Yes we will, but at the same time I am worried that they will most likely waste her potential, just like how they wasted Lei Shen's potential and heaven forbid, Kil'jaeden.