Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah good luck explaining how you had to kill her cause the Alliance really wanted it, to her fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I do think this will be her plan once she learns she was appointed as part of his scheme, but I don't think she'll succeed at it.
    Shadowlands is the next expansion which pretty much guaranteed at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly who the fuck knows what Blizzard will do. It's not like they haven't changed their mind on things before.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

It all seem pretty clear to me. Blizzard are playing on Anduin's strength, his stalwart nobility, to subvert the Horde whilst consistently showing Sylvanas do the things needed to survive the Alliance's offensive. The Alliance can't defeat the Horde through brute force, that was shown in the opening of the expansion; they can, however, divide the Horde from within by pitting them against one another and then dismantling them. Sylvanas is necessarily evil because she is "ruthlessly efficient". That's the Horde's only advantage right now and we're going to let our principals get in the way of that.

It's actually the same tactic Chronicle (embellished from some text from Last Guardian) showed Anduin Lothar using in the First War to stop the first siege of Stormwind. I dunno, seamlessly lining up Anduin to echo his namesake's greatest martial achievement without compromising, or retconning, either of their values or characters despite the total tonal difference between the two seems like fairly competent writing to me. Even if you don't like the direction.

The direction being that my Horde is going to lose this expansion. The Horde will exile Sylvanas. Anduin will shockingly put the Horde under occupation. This will vindicate Sylvanas (and her fans) and she will begin a redemption arc where she becomes a neutral mediator between the two by taking control of the disparate Necrotic forces at play. Meanwhile, with faction balance dwindling, both factions will become forcibly united.

Thus setting the stage for the story for years to come. The Alliance will overstretch their authority. The Horde will chaffe under it. Anduin will be tested. Baine will start to regret his trust. Revelution will arrive. Sylvanas will return. Vol'jin 'Loa of the Horde' will guard those suffering under oppression. Tons of great stories to come.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2018-11-13 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Oh no.. the shitstorm is happining all over again. Why oh why.
    Pointing out established facts isn't a shitstorm though.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It's actually the same tactic Chronicle (embellished from some text from Last Guardian) showed Anduin Lothar using in the First War to stop the first siege of Stormwind. I dunno, seamlessly lining up Anduin to echo his namesake's greatest martial achievement without compromising, or retconning, either of their values or characters despite the total tonal difference between the two seems like fairly competant writing to me. Even if you don't like the direction.

The direction being that the Horde is going to lose this expansion.
    Sadly it isn't like the First War. We actually won that one.

I somehow doubt Blizz are subversive enough to make the Horde not being like its First War incarnation being what loses it the war.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah good luck explaining how you had to kill her cause the Alliance really wanted it, to her fanbase.
    Kill her? LOL

The devs are too busy uncontrollably jizzing over Sylvanas to kill her. She deserves to be fed into one of those Goblin shredders, but that will never ever EVER happen. Ever.

Even if they wanted her to step down I can't imagine sylvanas fighting over control of the horde when she 1.) Didn't want it in the first place and 2.) Isn't an idiot like garrosh who thinks she is invincible, quite the opposite she's afraid of dying again. If she ends up being made to step down I don't expect a war, I expect a relatively peaceful exchange of power. She will be exiled or just return to her usual duties leading only the forsaken.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2018-11-13 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Pointing out established facts isn't a shitstorm though.
    Facts are hurtful to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Stop spreading this.
    The whispers told Alleria to kill her because she serves the true enemy.

The void corrupts. The Void lies.
    The void wants Alleria to lose her sanity and will push her constantly to become more and more unhinged.

It was never suggested that the Void fears Sylvanas. Specially when a shotgun to the face can kill her
    Well, then we both have divergent opinions. Do you have lore statements that confirm your theory?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No they are not.

And lol, "explained" no there was nothing "explained" in the comic.
    The void told alleria to kill sylvanas, that is what happened, some people then jumped on random conclusions about void not having an effect on them with almost nothing to back that up.
    You are right, the story doesn't say the undead are immune to the whispers of the void. I just re-read it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...-three-sisters

However i remember reading somewhere that the undead were immune to the void's whispers.

I think it was a developer interview that said that Arthas' fortress was filled with Saronite and all undead werent corrupted by Yogg Saron because undead are immune to the void and old gods' whispers. After all, Saronite is directly connected to Yogg Saron(ite).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Oh no.. the shitstorm is happining all over again. Why oh why.
    I mean if you read the book, you wouldn't even suggest your "Theory"

I can theorize that the moon really is purple, it doesn't mean I have a valid theory just because people call me an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Kill her? LOL

The devs are too busy uncontrollably jizzing over Sylvanas to kill her. She deserves to be fed into one of those Goblin shredders, but that will never ever EVER happen. Ever.
    Who would make Allianceboiz mad if there's no Sylvanas.

Not like they didn't try to have her demonized and eventually removed. Oh yeah, they took the Garrosh bat to her character but amusingly I don't think it went as planned, it seems her fanbase got even stronger under the abuse. I guess people are tired of the same old shit being sold to the Horde.

Deleted
    "This is wrong". "There is no honor in this". And then they once again continue to do nothing.

In the end, the other Horde leaders and "heroes" are just as guilty as Sylvanas.
    This is simply the Horde anno 2018. Thrall's Horde died years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, then we both have divergent opinions. Do you have lore statements that confirm your theory?
    It was never stated that the Void fears Sylvanas. Unless they tell us that, there's no lore reason to assume that they fear her, specially considering how the Void constantly taunts people
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

To think there are Alliance players who are jealous of the Horde getting the spotlight in BfA lmfao. Please Alliance, take it. You want this kind of attention? We won’t stop you rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Especially if Magni is also an old god puppet and that's why he gives the Horde player the heart of Azeroth. That or he's a moron, it's one of the two.
    Or both? They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

We do need something to hype N'zoth to be honest. We already foiled his big plan a couple years ago, Deathwing is dead, Twilight's Hammer is gone and if we kill Azshara too, N'zoth definitely needs to have something up his sleeve or it will be very anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    To think there are Alliance players who are jealous of the Horde getting the spotlight in BfA lmfao. Please Alliance, take it. You want this kind of attention? We won’t stop you rofl.
    I don't know if this is a reference to this first post or not (as it was i who wrote it), but just to clarify everyone here, i play 50% alliance 50% horde. We are just theorizing about the future direction of BfA's lore. It is just that, no Alliance playerbase conspiracy to undermine the Horde. Relax mate

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I don't know if this is a reference to this first post or not (as it was i who wrote it), but just to clarify everyone here, i play 50% alliance 50% horde. We are just theorizing about the future direction of BfA's lore. It is just that, no Alliance playerbase conspiracy to undermine the Horde. Relax mate
    Have you looked at the average discussion of Horde/Sylvanas lore amongst the Alliance, posters in this thread aside from yourself included? It's almost impossible to talk about lore at all without some Alliance player posting about how they think people only like Sylvanas because of her figure. It's pathetic. To be clear, I'm not saying that Sylvanas is universally likable or that she's somehow above reproach in discussion, but when nearly every conversation on the topic immediately jumps to "YOU JUST WANT TO JERK OFF TO HER, THAT'S THE ONLY EXPLANATION!" it makes it much harder to take any more valid criticism seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Have you looked at the average discussion of Horde/Sylvanas lore amongst the Alliance, posters in this thread aside from yourself included? It's almost impossible to talk about lore at all without some Alliance player posting about how they think people only like Sylvanas because of her figure. It's pathetic. To be clear, I'm not saying that Sylvanas is universally likable or that she's somehow above reproach in discussion, but when nearly every conversation on the topic immediately jumps to "YOU JUST WANT TO JERK OFF TO HER, THAT'S THE ONLY EXPLANATION!" it makes it much harder to take any more valid criticism seriously.
    Especialy funny when you find the usual suspects salivating in text form at the new model Jaina got.

Considering Saa'ra pretty much moved the strings for Sylvanas to kill Calia so she can rez her as a light undead and probably take control of the forsakens army, we are in some shitty writed game between the cosmic forces now that Sargeras and the legion left a vacuum of power and Sylvanas is just used to kick the plot or being the catalyst so those forces can gain a foothold in Azeroth, N'zoth and the void are moving and isn't a coincidence the bronze dragons helped in bringing the maghars, that opened a door for the lightbound and the botani to invade Azeroth, we are gonna see a big war coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself