Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I suspect most of them weren't even planning to play Classic, they were just throwing #NoChanges to piss off reasonable players and hoping Classic would fail because of all bugs and old code.

It was clear from day one that developers would use modern WoW code. No sane developer would use 15 years old code.
    Well, A) they aren't using the 15 year old code. B) I was never planning on playing it and it has nothing to do with pissing people off. I played when it was live why would I want to take steps backward and play it again? C) Personally I feel they should not add any changes other than fixing bugs and such. If it's something added way later to what was present at launch then it's not really the original game now is it? D) As far as Classic failing I'm fairly sure the BETA they just had out where people said they were bored after 2-3 days says more than anything people on forums can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah I see I am guilty of that. So sharding is just questing then? So I might be running around in the same area unable to see "everyone". But everyone that I do see, will be from my own server? If so, I don't care at all.
    Thats exactly what it is.

Whent he zone is overpopulated, it just creates another instance of the zone. But it is still on your server, and only your server. Everyone you see is from your server, you just cant see everyone.

However, the chat is NOT sharded, so if you ask for a group, etc, EVERYONE in every shard of the zone sees that. And when you join a group, you move to their shard.

But yes, its always on your server and your server only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I log into Stormwind every day on my auction character, and I'd be lucky to see one other person from my realm, yet the AH is full of players from other realms.
    Then you're on a weird server where a lot of people invite friends into their groups from other servers.

Thats the only way to CRZ into Stormwind or Org; they are the only two zones in the game that do not CRZ by default. The only way to be in another realms' version is to be in a group with someone and transition into the zone.

Further, on RP servers, you cant even do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    We are not confusing CRZ with sharding, you're just not understanding why some of us do not like the idea. The problem is you won't be meeting everyone if sharding is used.
    You wouldn't be meeting them anyway.

Theyd be in the queue.

What part of that dont you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    Sharding shouldn't even be an option at launch given most people here are comparing 14+ year old tech to todays hardware and bandwidth.
    Its not just the server issues (which haven't gotten a lot better; doesnt matter how much more powerful the servers are, because its about single-thread computational power), its also client issues.

The client crumbles under that kind of population. Again, because of the limits of single-core computational power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Multiple private server communities and the overwhelming demand to Blizzard for Classic would like to say hello.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I feel like you're clueless as to why Blizzard is making this product in the first place. If you think this is being made on a whim, you're sadly uninformed.

I'll give you a hint: There's a huge demand for it.

So go ahead and bet it will be abandoned and lose that bet, buddy.
    I think classic will have 300-400k active players once dust settles, I do not think it will have millions like some claim but it won't die either.

Also from some interviews it almost sounds like classic is a fun pet project for them to do as devs and engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    They needed sharding for the demo and only people dumb enough to pay for adds got to play classic.

The launch will be epic and despite all the "oh its gonna fail" every single nay sayer is going to login to classic at launch too they're just lying to themselves.

I'm not just stupid enough to think everyone is going to stick around after a couple of days or even hours.
    Most people will be upset at how much harder the content is and just up and leave go back to easy rewards until a lull in the main game then they'll think "oh i have an hour..." and will do something in classic.
    Didnt read a single word after that. What an absolute load of garbage.

Do we know what the changes will be? Id like a list or smth.

For sure id love the new raid frames for starters, old shit doesnt add any real "value".

I think your estimate is in the ballpark. Of course Retail will hold more subscribers due to the way gamers have changed over the last decade and a half.

To claim Classic will be "abandoned" is just a fucking joke, though. That person isn't the brightest crayon in the carton, with his or her blatant disregard for how we even got to this point.

There's a huge demand for it.
    And i think classic will be lucky to maintain 100k players, beyond tourists. I say the demand is MASSIVELY overstated and the ways people use to justify their claim are WAY off target. Using pirated, illegal copies of the game as a way of judging how many people will be willing to pay a monthly sub for it is TERRIBLE and not logical at all. Its like having a free weekend for a new game and saying "well, 5million people played on the weekend, base don that, 5million people will buy and play our game!"

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Not sure how it's a joke. Leveling and dungeons alone were harder in vanilla then leveling and anything mythic dungeon or below in BFA. It's only when you get to mythic plus dungeons and heroic raiding and above that it's harder on live and 90% of the wow playerbase doesn't touch those.

- - - Updated - - -

And i think classic will be lucky to maintain 100k players, beyond tourists. I say the demand is MASSIVELY overstated and the ways people use to justify their claim are WAY off target. Using pirated, illegal copies of the game as a way of judging how many people will be willing to pay a monthly sub for it is TERRIBLE and not logical at all. Its like having a free weekend for a new game and saying "well, 5million people played on the weekend, base don that, 5million people will buy and play our game!"
    Nost had on average 200k active accounts any given month.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Nost also had A LOT of people who either were not willing to pay at all for the game, would never accept anything but 100% Vanilla code on Vanilla hardware, or have sworn off giving Blizzard any money forever. So I think a long-term 100k active monthly player count sounds about right.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you dont want graphical updates you can turn them off.
    who cares about the graphics really, if you were UNABLE to change it back, sure i would agree but...

This made me cry when i noticed this button existed and i changed from new graphics to old, the nostalgia overflowing was just so good...
    This reply is a week late but, you can change the graphics during gameplay with F11 I think it was? It's been a while since I played but it's one of the F keys. Works in the menu's too.

I like how they did it on the remake of Halo 1 too. Pressing select did a slow fade to the old graphics so you can see just how different it was. That one even worked during cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Nost also had A LOT of people who either were not willing to pay at all for the game, would never accept anything but 100% Vanilla code on Vanilla hardware, or have sworn off giving Blizzard any money forever. So I think a long-term 100k active monthly player count sounds about right.
    But let me ask you this. How many people avoided private servers due to the nature of them and would be willing to play on a perfectly legal blizzard server?

Not sure how it's a joke. Leveling and dungeons alone were harder in vanilla then leveling and anything mythic dungeon or below in BFA. It's only when you get to mythic plus dungeons and heroic raiding and above that it's harder on live and 90% of the wow playerbase doesn't touch those.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read mate, i already said it is a terrible way to measure anything to do with classic. Just slow down, and READ. You are also cherry picking stats. And making others up completely. To compare difficulty of retail vs vanilla you MUST compare like with like. You cannot simply rule out the hard content in retail because "not many people do that stuff" that is just not how this works. You wanna say dungeons were harder? easy. compare the HARDEST dungeons on the highest difficulty in retail with the hardest dungeon in vanilla. Vanilla still harder? Yeah, not even close. And raiding is even more laughable. The famous stat is that only 1% of players completed the toughest vanilla content. Thats fine, so compare it with cutting edge mythic content now.

You cant just cherry pick stats to fit your argument.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2018-11-14 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    This reply is a week late but, you can change the graphics during gameplay with F11 I think it was? It's been a while since I played but it's one of the F keys. Works in the menu's too.

I like how they did it on the remake of Halo 1 too. Pressing select did a slow fade to the old graphics so you can see just how different it was. That one even worked during cutscenes.
    Yep, sadly i couldnt find a video of someone doing so...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

But let me ask you this. How many people avoided private servers due to the nature of them and would be willing to play on a perfectly legal blizzard server?
    Your guess is as good as mine!

The main issue is that the potential playerbase for World of Warcraft Classic is only going to shrink with time. And I was talking long-term: so if Blizzard doesn't implement periodic progress resets who knows how many people aren't just going to go back to a freshly-released private server?

Thankfully, we won't have to wait too long for those particular answers.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Doing "# anything" is just people acknowledging that their own cause is a failure. It's discredited just as soon as it begins.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Now that it is obvious that Blizzard are making many changes from Vanilla into Classic, is the community pretty much just accepting it?
    What else is there to do besides accepting it?

So, if our methods are so terrible, what metrics are you using other than wild guesses and conjecture? You're essentially just saying to us, "Nuh uh, you're wrong, my guess is right."

You got some data there, pal? We can debate opinions all night long. You ready for that? You blame people for "cherry picking stats" but there is literally ZERO WEIGHT to the shit you claim, too. I've yet to see you post an actual statistic. Capiche?
    Thank you for finally accepting that both sides are capable and guilty of just producing numbers and stats wildly from thin air that have no actual relation to the facts. So now that we have agreed on that, please produce some data to back your claim of 200,000 players that doesnt include rubbish "statistics" from an illegal, pirated, and FREE copy of the game. I am happy to wait, now that you are un-banned again.

The only way to measure the playercount on Classic is to wait and see what happens when it is launched. Funny thing is, even then blizzard are not stupid, and by making it sub only and no entry purchase price, they can hide the true number EASILY without anyone ever REALLY knowing how many people are playing. They will know, for sure, but they will be the only ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    What else is there to do besides accepting it?
    Once upon a time, when the community asked for, and in some cases DEMANDED vanilla servers, we were told, even by blizzard themselves, that this was not happening, and we should just accept it.

QQ i don't want to have my feelings hurt.
    ok dear back to your safe space.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Learn to read mate, i already said it is a terrible way to measure anything to do with classic. Just slow down, and READ. You are also cherry picking stats. And making others up completely. To compare difficulty of retail vs vanilla you MUST compare like with like. You cannot simply rule out the hard content in retail because "not many people do that stuff" that is just not how this works. You wanna say dungeons were harder? easy. compare the HARDEST dungeons on the highest difficulty in retail with the hardest dungeon in vanilla. Vanilla still harder? Yeah, not even close. And raiding is even more laughable. The famous stat is that only 1% of players completed the toughest vanilla content. Thats fine, so compare it with cutting edge mythic content now.

You cant just cherry pick stats to fit your argument.
    At the top end modern is certainly harder. But for your average player? Vanilla will he harder. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Your entire Guild would have been blacklisted on Bleeding Hollow US. All of you. No one wearing that tag would get a group.

- - - Updated - - -

“We might use it at launch” is not confirmation that it is in. Its confirmation that thhey may use it if they feel it will make the launch experience better.

- - - Updated - - -

Irony. They specifically mentioned they are replicating the Vanilla-timed server heartbeat. Specifically to ensure it behaves like it used to.
    Amazing news if true. Citation please?
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

More lies to fuel your bullshit. Where did I claim 200k players would sub to Classic? Please produce that quote before I address any more of your hyperbolic nonsense since you can't produce anything else. As you once said, "Learn to read, mate". Also, in case you haven't noticed, Blizzard is re-releasing Vanilla Warcraft and it's called "Classic". We've already won. Your sad attempts to derail our excitement have failed. Miserably, at that.

Don't discuss my ban, it's against the rules, and frankly had nothing to do with you.

Thanks for admitting you're completely full of shit, as well. And also thanks for showing your true colors. Said color being: petty.

/thread

Edit: And just so you're aware, when someone asks you to post data for your claims, it's not an appropriate response to ignore said request and follow with "got data bro?". You proved my point beyond refusal.
    You are right. you actually agreed with someone who claimed 300-400k subs, not 200k.