Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Before Chronicles books, the trolls existed even before the coming of the titans but the book retcon that with only elementals living on the primordial Azeroth and the black empire days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post

- * Spoiler * Sylvanas might be the one who ordered Wrath gate ( IT'S NOT A RETCON BY NOW, just an interviwe , but can be on )
    This isn't a retcon anyways, because we were never given any proof that she didn't do it in the first place... She said it wasn't her, which of course she would say if it were on her orders, and people just assumed that was the truth, for all we know that was the way they wanted it from the start.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-11-14 at 05:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I never quite got the dragon thing either. Though, I wonder, could they interbreed with proto-drakes possibly? What about Storm Dragons? Nether-Drakes? Or the Pandaren dragon-serpents? If I were them, I'd be doing all sorts of college style experimentation.
    Blizz wanted to write the dragons as declining from power loss, and forgot their audience is old enough to know about when daddy dragons and mommy dragons love each other very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I actually didn't mind the illidan tetcon, but I think the TBC Illidan was off. Mainly because everything he was supposedly doing in Outland, like feel orcs, the demon Hunter initiates, the naga in zangermarsh, was not ever expanded on or explained. I think if TbC was to ever become modernized, we could benefit for retroactively adding in more depth and backstory to his story to better line up with Legion.

So that would be a retcon caused to become consistent with another retcon. Does that then no longer count as a retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged shall be retcon'd, paving the way to WoW2: Immortal !
    I wish I was as dead as this joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    Best: getting rid of Med'an

Worst: Old Gods being actually dead, killed by small group of random guys (raid party)
    Med'an wasn't retconned, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't think that was a retcon. People just assumed that with the Old Gods being super mysterious we couldn't possibly have killed them. It seems that they were wrong.
    people asssumed based on Titans almost destroying life by killing one, therefore rather imprisoning them because killing them all would fuck Azeroth up

Walross: well... unfortunate indeed, really thought they did

edit: from what I gathered, he doesn't exist in Chronicles, so there's that
    Last edited by Corruptus; 2018-11-16 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    people asssumed based on Titans almost destroying life by killing one, therefore rather imprisoning them because killing them all would fuck Azeroth up

Walross: well... unfortunate indeed, really thought they did

edit: from what I gathered, he doesn't exist in Chronicles, so there's that
    And lo and behold, killing them did fuck Azeroth up. It's explicitly what made the Cataclysm possible, and probably had some long-term effects in the current crisis as well.

Me'dan isn't technically retconned, but they're basically ignoring him with prejudice.

Deleted
    Most of things were already told, so I will add one more: Arthas killing Ner'zhul instead of being fused with him forever as the Lich King.

Retcon became a buzzword used by angry tards that have been unsubbed for 5+ years but still keep up with every detail of the game.

It's usually used against things that aren't even retcons in the first place. It's used most on things Blizz revealed something to be the opposite of what these idiots horrible headcanons were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Retcon became a buzzword used by angry tards that have been unsubbed for 5+ years but still keep up with every detail of the game.

It's usually used against things that aren't even retcons in the first place. It's used most on things Blizz revealed something to be the opposite of what these idiots horrible headcanons were.
    I kinda agree with this. The word Retcon is thrown around so easily, even when its simply exposition most of the time.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    how is this even a retcon?

it was(maybe) reveled that Sylvanas was the mastermind behind wrathgate is not a retcon by anymeans, oh well its a retcon to some guys headcannon indeed.

it was not a fact, it was an arguable point, a retcon would be Amanthul is not the Prime titan but Sargeras is. a pure fact that gettin changed.

- Illidan in TBC (I mean, they released WotA trilogy almost immediately after WC3 and in the trilogy he was a anti hero but in TBC he was just outright a villain with zero personally that he had from before) - bad retcon
    - WotA trilogy - (no Malfurion vs Azshara and Tyrande actually doing something, both which are in the original WotA story... oh and no Azzinoth which was from Manual of Monster) - bad retcon
    - Illidan novel (it was great to explain the stuff it happened in TBC but it was a bit too late... almost 10 years late, not to mention they removed his power hungry side which was one of the main aspects of his character) - good and bad retcon

actually, I put those 3 above as a single BIG retcon.

- Azeroth being a Titan - can't say this a retcon but a stupid plot
    - Sargeras not being corrupted by the Nathrezim but went crazy when he saw some Void Lords - bad retcons

etc
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-11-16 at 08:07 PM.

How was Illidan in TBC a retcon? He's a straight vilain in WC3 ! Did we play the same game?
    I never followed WoW community on this whole "illidan was a misunderstood guy all along". This is the biggest case of some fanfiction headcanon translated into a retcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's your worst or best retconn they did? And why?
    So many, but the worst was the WoD orcs. They went from being a fairly peaceful shamanistic bunch who suffered the tragedy of falling to demonic corruption to Mongols on steroids who'd happily have invaded Azeroth and didn't really need any push from demons to do so. There's no tragic backstory there, just rape-kill-burn savages being manipulated.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    So many, but the worst was the WoD orcs. They went from being a fairly peaceful shamanistic bunch who suffered the tragedy of falling to demonic corruption to Mongols on steroids who'd happily have invaded Azeroth and didn't really need any push from demons to do so. There's no tragic backstory there, just rape-kill-burn savages being manipulated.
    Every time someone brings this up they leave out Garrosh's part in it.

You know what happened? You replaced Kil'jaeden with Garrosh.

But... oh noes, that would imply that Garrosh was not a nice and honorable Warchief; that would mean he was spiteful and vindictive.

7+ Year Old Account
    all the cata stuff in chronicles was borderline obnoxious, totally unnecessary, in fact, most of chronicles retcons are garbage imo

Illidan stuff was retarded

Sylvanas "retcon" was not rly retcon, just a confirmation of something we all knew it could be true,and actually fit the characters

the dragons becoming sterile was also dumb

but the worse thing is "brown being the natural color of orcs" fuck that shit
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-11-17 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    How was Illidan in TBC a retcon? He's a straight vilain in WC3 ! Did we play the same game?
    I never followed WoW community on this whole "illidan was a misunderstood guy all along". This is the biggest case of some fanfiction headcanon translated into a retcon.
    Most people are confused and some just unreasonably love Illidan and desperately want him to be a misunderstood hero. For people who were confused, it's because Blizzard has created so many versions of the story. Illidan was just evil in the original WC3's WotA. There was nothing more to be said about that. Malfurion was harsh toward him in the WC3 campaigne given this context. In the novels, he was less evil and more pathetic. The whole point about Illidan in the novels is his insecurity.

Illidan in TBC was not a retcon. It was just shallow and terribly done. Arthas broke him mentally. Illidan went on doing insane stuff with some semblence of purpose. Illidan was a mentally unstable person in pre-legion stuff. He was actually very weak-willed. Blizzard went 180 on that aspect in legion. Also, the whole emphasis on sacrifice was never a part of his character pre-legion.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-11-17 at 07:46 AM.

Worst retcon is still the Dreanai/Eredar/Sargeras rewritten cosmology fuckup.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Most of things were already told, so I will add one more: Arthas killing Ner'zhul instead of being fused with him forever as the Lich King.
    I'd consider even that already a soft retcon of: "Frostmourne ate Arthas' soul so he was nothing but an empty vessel for Ner'Zuhl's will anyway."

Before Wrath of the Lichking was determined to undermine this I had always assumed it was just Ner'Zuhl in Arthas' body.
    (yet also alludes to it when LK refers to himself as a shaman.)
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-11-17 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is the prime example of why retcon is bad. People talk past each other because they draw from different characterizations of a character. I would point you to WC3's version of WotA. There's nothing grey about betraying your people because you were jealous of your brother and addicted to magic.

There are plenty of ways to expand stories without retconing stuff.
    Do realize he joined the Legion to work against them in secret right?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hello, people its me again, the sometimes over the top rage expression followed with apologies for my own mishaps.
    I don't mind a retcon if it moves the story forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valis View Post
    Well Sylvanas ordering Wrathgate may not be a retcon, only given more Information about that incident. We only have their word for it to be something she hadn't planed..
    I thought the same but that is the definition of a retcon - new information coming to light which may change past events