Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But we know that her burning Teldrassil wasn't the plan, killing Malfurion was. She burned it because she wanted to strike a massive blow against the Night Elves, so how could she be "ahead of the curve" of everyone else when she burned it on a whim? Watching how increasingly ridiculous sylvanas fans have to get to justify her actions the further into BFA we get is amazing.
    watching how increasingly ridiculous sylvanas haters have to get to justify them screaming for her death is amazing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So, even following this faulty logic of tree still being corrupted even though the Aspects should have dealt with that already ... what about the inhabitants? Killing all of them was "necessary" too? And why exactly aren't we murdering all the orcs - they were sucking off Mannoroth just a few years ago, surely there's also the risk of corruption. Sylvanas herself was under the control of the Lich King, better get rid of her too before she relapses. (well, it might be too late for that)

Plus it follows the usual trend of of "Demon/Void being tells us something? It must be true, they are well known for being honest and deeply caring about mortals, never manipulating us for their own ends."
    By an extent it is no different from the Culling of Stratholme event. The only way to stop a corrupted Night Elven race from coming to life is:

- Burn the source of corruption which is the tree.
    - evacuate those who can be saved and move them out of the source of infection prior to contamination.
    - last resort is end up what Arthas did.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The title is more for Saurfang than Sylvanas. Saurfang wanted it to be a war to save the Horde. He agreed with Sylvanas that this war made sense for them but he wanted to go to war and fight, but without killing lots of innocent people.
    He wants to much if you ask me.We can't have everything.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Her goal wasn't to burn the citizen but the tree. There is something wrong with the citizens if they let themselves burn to death or their fellow citizens when they fail to evacuate them ahead of time.

It's Tyrande's fault for always choosing Malfurion first over her people.
    It's their fellow allied race's fault for the slow and lack of response and decision making.
    No dude you're getting it all wrong. It's the dying elf's fault for saying one word too much. It's Saurfang's fault for failing to kill Malfurion. It's the mages' fault for being unable to keep the portal open for longer. No wait, it's actually OUR fault for failing to evacuate 1k Night elf citizens in 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Is OP implying Sylvanas had better understanding of the Emerald Nightmare than Malfurion, and she did the job for him?
    I never thought of it like that since you put it so... damn the bullshit of it just blew my mind.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil's corruption was purged before Cataclysm.

And even then, the Emerald Nightmare was defeated during Legion.

Why is this thread still a thing?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil was indeed corrupted, but it was cleansed and blessed in events out of the game, in books by the dragon aspects, as if it is still blessed now that they lost their powers we have zero official answer, but if answer is no, then Hyjal is f8cked too since Nodrassil was also blessed by the dragons
    +
    no matter how blizz try to explain it, the in-game presentation is Sylvanas burned the tree because some dying nelf chick said a smart comment that sylvie has no answer for it, so lets burn the tree yay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

the emerald nightmare is 'never' defeated, in legion it was like the 1502 time we fight it
    the nightmare is a cartoon villain joke, never get beaten yet never achieve anything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the emerald nightmare is 'never' defeated, in legion it was like the 1502 time we fight it
    the nightmare is a cartoon villain joke, never get beaten yet never achieve anything
    Sure, there is a remnant of corruption after we finish the raid, but it's as small as it gets
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

After Sylvanas is gonna be dealt with, are we gonna have to deal with “Sylvanas did nothing wrong” threads every week like we have with Garrosh..? Because I fear that much more then the actual repeat of MoP scenario...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And especially now that there is one theory with the bit between Vol'jin and Sylvanas in that the whispering's to Vol'jin by the so called spirits, now points to it possibly being N'Zoth telling Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief..
    To be fair, there's only so many candidates left. The Loa didn't do it, Bolvar didn't do it, Odyn didn't do it, the only options left are the Void or the Light, and even with Blizzard's recent hamfisted attempts to blackwash the Light, it values order above all and this whole war is anything but orderly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    After Sylvanas is gonna be dealt with, are we gonna have to deal with “Sylvanas did nothing wrong” threads every week like we have with Garrosh..? Because I fear that much more then the actual repeat of MoP scenario...
    When it's over? We have this shit every few days as it is.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    When it's over? We have this shit every few days as it is.
    Are there tribute videos about her with sad unfitting music playing on the background?

This is what I expected them to do in order to try to write themselves out of the corner they got themselves into, but it's still pretty bad. There is no in-game or cinematic evidence of it, in fact there is evidence of the opposite (she flat-out tells you she didn't intend to do it, for example), so regardless of whether they pulled it out of their rear or had it planned all along, I still consider it really bad writing.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Is OP implying Sylvanas had better understanding of the Emerald Nightmare than Malfurion, and she did the job for him?
    I dunno I tried reading through a few pages of this I'm in lost somewhere in this vortex of

1. She's not actually evil she had a good reason to kill many Innocents.
    2. Teldrassil was corrupted anyway even though it was cured, but still!
    3. Malfurion is the only one with knowledge of the dream, if I kill him then I'll save the dream.

About sums it up. Gives a fairly annoying headache, making you wonder how you got in here in the first place
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Are there tribute videos about her with sad unfitting music playing on the background?
    I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me, tbh,
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Her goal wasn't to burn the citizen but the tree. There is something wrong with the citizens if they let themselves burn to death or their fellow citizens when they fail to evacuate them ahead of time.

It's Tyrande's fault for always choosing Malfurion first over her people.
    It's their fellow allied race's fault for the slow and lack of response and decision making.
    Just curious. What would she have done if saurfang killed malfurion and still the night elves fought? Since currently they are still fighting so all this grand tripe of "I'm gonna kill hope" has turds plastered all over it.

Also what would u like tyrande to do? Carry school buses to teldrassil and mass teleport them to fairy land? You do know teldrassil didn't just house one city right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

We have to prove to the world that she isn't evil!! (Even though she doesn't care about it we do!)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I bet you have done Emerald Nightmare several times and you are pretty familiar with Malfurion's quote on Il'gynoth.

In real life we might see someone else's perspective of being a b!tch but it might be only skin deep.
    we know since day one the tree is corrupted. killing of thousand of people living on it it's not ok. NOTHING can justify it

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me, tbh,
    Me neither, but I expected it to come later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I've done Emerald Nightmare more than I'm comfortable with and was really excited about the prospect of an old god expansion after Legion and followed all the lore discussions and datamining at length.

She's just evil, man. This isn't deep storytelling. Her long term plan is to complete the Lich King's plan, but with her as the leader. Turn everyone into undead under her rule. That way they can go on forever as a unified front against whatever threatens her personally. She fears her own death so much she would destroy Azeroth and live itself to avoid it.

Now watch as she becomes the villain with the Horde ultimately rallying around a returned Saurfang/Thrall rebellion like in MoP. She becomes desperate and takes old god powers blah blah, we already did this in MoP.

Its only meant to be "cool" set pieces when you're just coasting through it and not really paying attention like most players that either just skips all cutscenes and dialogue. This expansion is for them.
    Accurate. (adding on to your post, not contradicting it)
    The pre launch event... with the burning of the tree short video... it was clear what her motives for burning the tree were. People keep trying to look more into it, to find some hidden underlying meaning.

I mean how much more info do you need?
    They already released images of her holding Xal'atath. They are literally paving the road for her to using old god powers. Anduin releasing Saurfang to retake the horde and help remove sylvannas from power... Like come on.

Currently it's alliance vs "horde", but watch how fast they sign a peace treaty and join forces to take down old god sylvannas by the end of the xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    we know since day one the tree is corrupted. killing of thousand of people living on it it's not ok. NOTHING can justify it
    Wasn't even corrupted when she burnt it. Alexstrazsa fixed it in stormrage lol. Op just wants to lawyer up for sylvanas innocence when her character is totally fine burning and pillaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Wasn't even corrupted when she burnt it. Alexstrazsa fixed it in stormrage lol. Op just wants to lawyer up for sylvanas innocence when her character is totally fine burning and pillaging.
    agree. but sylvanas lawyer waste their time. bliz will do it at the end with ....."and then Sylvanas save the world woth xala'thas " or something like that.
    like if Hitler save the world and was forgiven for everything. lol.