Poll: Paid Character Transfers from Classic to Retail

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No chance in hell.
    Classic is "easy" place to get achievements, rare transmorgs, titles, reps
    So never

Zero chance of this happening. Not sure why people keep trying to talk themselves into Blizzard allowing ways to get old transmogs, titles, mounts, etc onto BFA servers.

Totally possible.

Just whine enough and they'll fold. They always fold.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I severely doubt that.
    They're ADAMANT about letting rare items stay rare, so they are not going to let a potential full tier 3 character with atiesh or corrupted assbringer be transferred to live.
    I was kinda undecided on the question but yeah. That's actually a pretty good point.

Blizzard is VERY strongly against making old "prestigious" items available today. There's no way they'd let people make Classic characters and bring things like the Black Qiraji Battletank, Corrupted Ashbringer, or the old PvP titles on their main account.

No, don't ever see this happening. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to do this anyway.

I severely doubt that.
    They're ADAMANT about letting rare items stay rare, so they are not going to let a potential full tier 3 character with atiesh or corrupted assbringer be transferred to live.

It's best if these two games stay COMPLETELY seperate.
    Corrupted Ashbringer is not obtainable in 1.12 as far as I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    I was kinda undecided on the question but yeah. That's actually a pretty good point.

Blizzard is VERY strongly against making old "prestigious" items available today. There's no way they'd let people make Classic characters and bring things like the Black Qiraji Battletank, Corrupted Ashbringer, or the old PvP titles on their main account.
    I still have some of this stuff, and from other pre-expansion events like the Undead Slaying Plate armor.

I severely doubt that.

It's best if these two games stay COMPLETELY seperate.
    I wouldn't doubt anything from Blizzard after the shitshow at Blizzcon. It's very clear they've changed their stance from quality games to whatever will make us money. I wouldn't be surprised at all if 1-2 year(s) after Classic releases they allow you to do it for just another cash grab opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it will remain separate. I could see them allowing level boosts and tokens in Classic (eventually) but that's another topic.

I think no one would do it. Leveling to 60 on retail is trivial. I think players would rather keep their hard earned Classic 60 in the hopes that someday new content will come out.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Opaug View Post
    I don’t know why, but I have a feeling Blizzard might allow paid character transfers from classic to retail as soon as interest for classic subsides. If they charge $50 to $60 per character, that’s a lot of profit. What do you all think?
    It's possible but I think that seeing classic move to TBC is more probable.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They don't do US to EU transfers, despite PTR being compatible with both...

Also they don't want people to collect transmogs/mounts on Classic for Retail.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-15 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Yep, as soon as they need to spice up revenue for quarterly reports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They don't do US to EU transfers, despite PTR being compatible with both...
    Because there is more than just compatibility to take into account. There are different laws, so different user agreements, different pricing methods with subscription is paid to different companies. It would be a legal nightmare. Small profit from EU/US transfers won't offset massive money loss from combining businesses and paying more taxes. There is a reason why many US businesses run their EU customers though Ireland.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2018-11-15 at 10:28 PM.

Blizzard wouldn't have. Activision-Blizzard...who the Hell knows.

I sure as heck hope not.

5+ Year Old Account
    U shouldn't be able to take your scarab lord and black qiraji war tank from Classic and run around on some level 20 zandalari troll sporting them in retail.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Have you ever purchased T3 transmog from BMAH? Because a lot of the paladin items go for about 100k gold each. If you equate that to token prices, it’s comparable. But if you want to try and insult someone’s intelligence and look stupid in the process, be my guest.
    This isn't happening, they explicitly don't want transmog hunters in classic. Work for buying T3 and pretending like everyone else.

Also it's usually FAR more expensive than 100k lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's possible but I think that seeing classic move to TBC is more probable.
    OPs suggestion is outlandish, your suggestion is inevitable if TBC happens. What a strange comparison.

Deleted
    Its just not gonna happen.

They said so in the Q and A

you wont be able to get corrupted ashbringer and "bring it over" to retail

you wont be able to get atiesh

its
    not
    gonna happen
    silly idea

I could see a lot of newer players investing a lot of time into a classic character...All that invested time to be stuck in classic could make people want to transfer them to retail.
    I would disagree with a transfer or direct copy, but I would agree with a free level 60 retail character for each Classic 60 that you've leveled. This free 60 would start with a few 12 slot bags and level 60 greens, ready for Hellfire Peninsula.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the corrupted ashbringer I would:

- Level a warrior
    - Raid through everything
    - Eventually get tier 3 and corrupted ashbringer
    - Instantly transfer over to live
    - Enjoy new transmog on DK

However I hope it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I still have some of this stuff, and from other pre-expansion events like the Undead Slaying Plate armor.
    Yeah but there's no way Blizzard would let new people get it, is what I'm saying.