Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Spoilers) Obvious Fate of High Tinker Mekkatorque

"Jaina... was there nothing you could do for the High Tinker? No, I'm sorry. The mechanism used to freeze his body is unlike any of the magic I know."

Mechagon. Any damage done to him will be solved by the Mecha-Gnomes the Alliance will help - Not all Allied Races need a predominate direct racial leader. "We can re-build him. We have the technology" incoming. Throw a few Robot Arms/Legs on him and he will be right as rain plus makes an easy segway.

Thoughts? Sorry if Im late to the part on this - not a huge poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud View Post
    "Jaina... was there nothing you could do for the High Tinker? No, I'm sorry. The mechanism used to freeze his body is unlike any of the magic I know."

Mechagon. Any damage done to him will be solved by the Mecha-Gnomes the Alliance will help - Not all Allied Races need a predominate direct racial leader. "We can re-build him. We have the technology" incoming. Throw a few Robot Arms/Legs on him and he will be right as rain plus makes an easy segway.

Thoughts? Sorry if Im late to the part on this - not a huge poster.

People have already been saying this even before Mechagon was announced, as mechagnome allied race is being rumored since BfA beta.

True, it's pretty obvious but it can be screwed up still. We'll see.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    People have already been saying this even before Mechagon was announced, as mechagnome allied race is being rumored since BfA beta.
    Felt like it was obvious but just thought of it this morning!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only thought is that he'll not be a regular Mechagon Gnome - nah, his robotic parts will resemble his destroyed power armor - Mekkatorque will be the biggest machine-gnome alive.

But yeah, it's too obvious. He'll be fixed. And I bet some other gnomes will become Mechagnomes by choice too. There's a Gnome Rogue from the Alliance Campaign who looooves machines and even hinted into wanting to become one.

But... Will he remain King of the Gnomes? What if he remains king of Gnomeregan and the Mechagon ruler joins the Alliance, opening the way for the Mechagnome Allied Race?

10+ Year Old Account
    That was my thought exactly.

Short sidestory quest for everyone where we help Mekkatorque by turning him into a mechagnome like the ones in WotLK. But with Mechagon being introduced, it slightly changes things. We go in, get the technology to heal him, only it makes him into the Gnome/Mecha hybrid they showed off.

Maybe after we help Mekkatorque Gnomes have an additional quest chain to unlock their Heritage Armor.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely either something in Mechagon or perhaps the Gnomish Heritage armor quest will see Mekkatorque return to us. Good thing, too! He's a badass now.

But will I be able to use Engineering to mind control cyborg gnomes?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious but some players wish to deny it for equally obvious reasons. That a Mecha Gnome Allied race takes up a slot they imagine could go to something much more interesting (in their opinion).

Not liking an Allied race suggestion is fine, but I believe the argument against it has to be stronger than the fact it takes away a precious opportunity for something else.

So Alliance will get Mecha-Gnomes and Horde get Vulpera, seems pretty good to me.

In 8.2 we will likely be seeing Allied Naga/Murloc race as well that may be neutral like Pandaren since no worthy faction counterparts have yet been shown.

But if they do give us gnomeborgs. Hopefully they look better then those gnomes we seen at blizzcon. Personally not motivated to play one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he’ll become something akin to a dragoon from Starcraft.

Segue*. Unless you meant the riding board with a stick Segway.

Yeah at this point I think the real question is will next expansion give us tinkers or dark rangers?

Seems like a case to be made for both in terms of lore build up. Though mechanically I still don't see dark ranger bring more than one spec and even then ripping off of hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    So Alliance will get Mecha-Gnomes and Horde get Vulpera, seems pretty good to me.

In 8.2 we will likely be seeing Allied Naga/Murloc race as well that may be neutral like Pandaren since no worthy faction counterparts have yet been shown.

That fish race manages to be uglier than the Broken, which for me is a big feat...

That fish race manages to be uglier than the Broken, which for me is a big feat...
    My guess is they are the original Murloc race before the degradation created by the sundering changed the other tribes and they probably hate the Naga too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    My guess is they are the original Murloc race before the degradation created by the sundering changed the other tribes and they probably hate the Naga too.
    They could be, just like the Oracles from Northrend were an evolution of murlocs.

If Blizzard wanted to give a fish race to the Alliance, i think the Jinyu would be better option than this one. They already belong to the Alliance for ages, and the Horde counterpart could be the Hozen or the Mogu. Considering how Zandalari were close to the Mogu and with Zul dead, a new peace treaty could be made between the Horde and the Mogu.

But honestly im not sure if i would play any of those, because i already have too many alts today...

They could be, just like the Oracles from Northrend were an evolution of murlocs.

If Blizzard wanted to give a fish race to the Alliance, i think the Jinyu would be better option than this one. They already belong to the Alliance for ages, and the Horde counterpart could be the Hozen or the Mogu. Considering how Zandalari were close to the Mogu and with Zul dead, a new peace treaty could be made between the Horde and the Mogu.

But honestly im not sure if i would play any of those, because i already have too many alts today...
    I think whatever that race is will most definitely be a candidate for for one factions Allied race.

So he's going to be the 6 million gold man of WoW.

Stick him in a dreadnough like warhammer, even in death he still tinkers