Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    What does one thing have to do with another? I play every expansion. My highest max gold was during WOD. I have only lost gold in Legion and BFA.
    Legion was way better for gold than WoD, even after the shipyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Legion was way better for gold than WoD, even after the shipyard.
    Oh yes, by a long shot. At the end of WoD I was making around 16k/day across 11 L100s. At the end of Legion I was making 40-50k/day across 12 L110s. All purely from table missions, not WQs or anything, just tons of free gold.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    It is sad that they force people to level 20-110 to get allied race heritage armor, while normal races will require exalted with city, scenario and level 120 of a character of that race. This should also be the same requirement for allied races.

With this, unlocking an allied race should no longer require exalted rep as well, which would increase the number of allied race characters.
    Agreed.

I was fine with it when we had 1 Allied race getting its Heritage armor that way, but I expected too much from the developers since I believed they'd then make Mag'har/Dark Iron heritage armors obtainable through other means...
    The glaring issues with the leveling experience isn't some abstract riddle. The leveling is old, outdated, fractured and tedious. Slowering the XP gains alleviated some issues such as spending more time on flightpaths than questing, but then the other issues became even more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I have all 12 classes at 110+, and four of them at 120 so far. What do you mean by park, keep them at 110? Where does that gold come from, running players through dungeons with a geared 110 or something?
    Parking as in leaving them in one place to farm it. For example I have a warlock parked in the isle of thunder for the tome, its good to have even if you dont farm gold for running old raids for mounts or xmog.

Production professions aren't money-makers this expansion, as far as I can tell. Herbalism certainly is, and I do have a couple herbers, but I don't bother farming mats as I still have around 11 million gold from table missions in WoD and Legion.
    I made a killing this expansion just by selling darkmoon decks and in my server they are going for pretty cheap. Currently Im just selling off whatever remains I have since come 8.1 the thing is going to tank.

Oh yes, by a long shot. At the end of WoD I was making around 16k/day across 11 L100s. At the end of Legion I was making 40-50k/day across 12 L110s. All purely from table missions, not WQs or anything, just tons of free gold.
    I think lucrative gold missions are an inevitably this expansion as some form of player retention. Only reason I can stomach leveling alts at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    And this are the sort of people that later on complain why they are low on gold.
    this exp isn't good for gold either, unlike WoD where 5 min gameplay daily = over 100k a month
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I've been leveling a Worgen druid in anticipation of the model updates, and I really haven't noticed a bad flow in leveling. I've done Gilneas, Darkshore, Ashenvale, and Stonetalon Mountains to get to 50. That's four zones (plus some dungeon runs) to almost finish Classic (well, Cataclysm Classic). Granted, mileage may vary; my lightforged warrior started at 20 (higher than my worgen was when I finished Gilneas) and did three zones (Loch Modan, Wetlands, Arathi Highlands) to get to low 40s; I eventually got sick of playing him. My worgen DK got to 70 with just doing the DK starting zone and some dailies and candy buckets for Hallows End.

The decrease is a welcome change, but I don't think it was that bad. Then again, I hadn't leveled any alts between 7.0 and 7.3.5 (I got them all leveled during the Legion pre-event), so I can't really compare the experience that a lot of people are missing.
    1-60 doesn't feel bad but 60-80 (which now got a 40% reduction) is the annoying part and Blizzard already said back when 7.3.5 was released that the scaling for that level bracket is off and a XP reduction will be the fix if they don't find another way. In BC/WotLK mobs have more health, do more damage and give the same amount of XP as other mobs compared to classic or cata/MoP/WoD which makes leveling slower. They wanted to look into the scaling to bring mob health and damage in line with mobs from all other expansions but apparently they couldn't do that and instead reduce the required xp per level for that bracket. Which means if we get another stat squish these mobs, compared to other expansions, will have even more health and do even more damage. XP nerf is a good bandaid fix but Blizzard should still try to fix the scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    and how long can u keep that ? as someone who played in both legion and WoD, there is zero comparison
    unless u have literally entire day free or u do nothing but just log alt farm order hall resource, WoD model was very easy to farm gold on main + alts, Legion u have to keep farming order hall resource, and when u try to manage 12 class a LOT will drop
    reward for time consumption WoD is the highest still, if u'll count the sh8tload u need to farm order hall resource to be able to make missions then u should count same time in WoD era logging on alts cleaning old raids and WoD will beat my miles since old raids nerf didn't hit until after 7.1 or something
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Yep. It's a little frustrating b/c all there is to do right now is play an alt, but with the incoming reduction in XP it makes sense to wait it out until the patch. Which means now there is literally nothing to do... I kill 3 rares in Arathi every 2 weeks and hope for mount drops.
    Yep same here. I wish they would just push the change right now before 8.1.

Good change.

It’s now time to do something at least about draenor flying. If it’s not remove the pathfinder, at least halve the requirements or at least double the rep gained from quests.

I agree that the XP-nerfs are good.
    But if someone would ask from me, they could nerf them even more...

Hear, hear, starting with 8.1 I'm going back to leveling my many lowbie alts! Especially the ones in the 70's-80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    For those who don't know 8.1 is making all levels between 20ish and 110 take 30 to 40% less xp, speeding up leveling to where it was before 7.3 when they added scaling that made leveling way slower.

The neckbeards who celebrated 7.3 making leveling longer are gonna be so mad. My guess is that they slowed it down in hopes to sell more boosts, but their plan failed people didn't bite, so now theyre fixing their mistake in hopes itll bring back more subs.
    I just wish they would have made it faster for 110-120 too. Honestly the new 10 levels feel so dreadfully long to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...layers-DLC-654

Under the Allied Races section. Last bullet point.

“There is a chance that there might be changes to the acquisition of Heritage Armor in the future.“

And blizzard just recently said they really like the new dwarf/blood elf way because you get a nice chunk of racial lore and quests.
    Thanks!

Well, at least they acknowledge that with the increasing number of allied races, getting the heritage armors is starting to become an issue for players and for the game.

The xp nerf seems like the short run answer, while the long run fix will be introduced in 8.2, 8.3 or 9.0 maybe.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-11-15 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    It cost 4 wow tokens (in gold) to buy a 110 boost.

I haven't leveled a character from level 1 in years.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really dont care about leveling speed lol

I got 22x level 100s during WOD, 11x female alliance and 11x female blood elves, 1 each class with the exception of an orc shaman and a nighelf druid, so yea I dont level characters anymore lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I think lucrative gold missions are an inevitably this expansion as some form of player retention. Only reason I can stomach leveling alts at the moment.
    I certainly hope not! I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY the gold missions are gone.

After they came back in Legion I felt like the devs really thought they belonged in the game.

I started a very long thread in the alpha forums arguing against gold missions in BFA, it was something like 50 pages long when it finally petered out. The most I realistically hoped for was diminishing returns on gold missions so you don't benefit from more than one character. I was and remain hugely gratified that they were essentially removed from the game entirely.

I would have left gold rewards elsewhere, though, where they actually require players to go out in the world and play the game. Farming old raids should be a valid source of a reasonable amount of gold. Same deal with WQs and emissaries, it would be fine if WQs rewarded 750 gold or whatever, rather than the <100g they reward now. But it seems like the devs took my warnings about inflation to heart and cut gold income everywhere. I'm OK with it as I'm super rich, but that probably sucks for you po' folk.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-11-15 at 09:31 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I just wish 8.1 were coming sooner. Because, as others have said, I now am holding off on leveling ANY alts to 110 until 8.1 drops. I log in to do Warfronts, emissary quests and do those weekly quests when my faction controls Arathi and that is IT now.

Once 8.1 hits, that's a different story. Then it will be alts all the time until all of them are 110.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This might actually convince me to level up some of my abandoned alts!

If it was true that they tried to make leveling slower essentially to make more money (people more tempted to buy boosts or just spending more days subbed because of how much longer it took) then I wonder if they regret removing RAF bonuses too, so many people were buying extra accounts and gametime for those benefits. So much lost money for Blizzard if their goal was to take away all fast lvling ways to overall increase profits and it failed. :/