Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So in other words, There won't be any content updates worth noting and the game is due to be shutdown within a year.

#RipRift.
    It all depends on how profitable this is for Gamigo. If they are making money, they will keep the lights on. If they aren't, it's bound to be shut down ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I hope this means something for Archeage sometime in the future, I had such high hopes for that game before it came out, the beta was the most fun I have had in an MMO. but yeah Trion happened.

Deleted
    No, Rift did not get a letter. What Rift got was a generic "everything will be okay" tap on the shoulder of people still desperate enough to stay on board.
    Check this out, haven't you noticed that supposedly Rift's letter never mentions....Rift?:

There is identical letter on archeage forums, atlas reactor forums, trove forums. I would post links if this forum allowed me to lol.
    forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?346321-Meet-the-new-game-team
    forums.atlasreactorgame.com/showthread.php?9098-Meet-the-new-game-team
    forums.trovegame.com/showthread.php?137036-Meet-the-new-game-team

Again, only thing more laughable are people replying to....this. They are literally speaking to a bot. And ye, holly dude is the leader of clowns, for sure.
    New raids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Slow painful death it is then...

Oh joy.
    Slow painful death I think has been the deal for while now, An I think that closure may be imminent sometime before summer.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

7+ Year Old Account
    This may be the true death of Rift, but from death comes birth.

Let's look forward to upcoming MMOs which may hold a candle to the principles of classic Rift, like Pantheon.

I am also working on building a team to create a truly legendary MMO. Give me a few years, maybe a Kickstarter. We'll see what ends up happening. If the connections work out, the game will be made. If things don't work out, I guess that was just destined to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I am also working on building a team to create a truly legendary MMO. Give me a few years, maybe a Kickstarter. We'll see what ends up happening. If the connections work out, the game will be made. If things don't work out, I guess that was just destined to be.
    MMO+Kickstarter+a few years+hope = nope.

If you can't get traditional investment in your MMO, it isn't worth investing into.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    This may be the true death of Rift, but from death comes birth.

Let's look forward to upcoming MMOs which may hold a candle to the principles of classic Rift, like Pantheon.

If this is the Brad McQuaid Pantheon then I have no hope for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If this is the Brad McQuaid Pantheon then I have no hope for it.
    I have lost some hope for it after reading this. Turns out Brasse found herself a new job. As someone who was watching this game, it doesn't bode well.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/14/b...rasse-carlson/

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for "Official" News about the new Community Manager(s) for Rift, the other games seem to have gotten theirs and we now know one more interesting piece of info, from the Atlas Reactor Forums of all places.

- the plan is to keep the development of the games remain in the US team
    - there is no discussion to implement Gamertoken in Trion Games
    - our marketing team is currently looking at the games and what we can do to promote them and bring new players into the games. What I can already tell you is that the coming French and German support will help getting players from Europe.
    That Gamertoken stuff sounded a bit suspect but now we know, no plans to bring it to Rift (yet)

Source: http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...ll=1#post17859

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I have lost some hope for it after reading this. Turns out Brasse found herself a new job. As someone who was watching this game, it doesn't bode well.

https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/14/b...rasse-carlson/
    Why would they want to snap up someone who ignored/closed critical forum threads?

She is just not CM material. She blatantly ignored feedback and did not pass it on to the devs.

If this is the case then Pantheons gonna suffer like Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why would they want to snap up someone who ignored/closed critical forum threads?

She is just not CM material. She blatantly ignored feedback and did not pass it on to the devs.

If this is the case then Pantheons gonna suffer like Rift.
    We don't know how much of her behavior was supported or even encouraged by Trion. It will be interesting to see if the still acts the same way with a new IP and with new members of staff. I don't know much about the developers behind Pantheon, but maybe they will have someone in charge that does not allow that kind of shit, so will make her rein it in a little.

if a cm can act like that without the company being aware of it........my gosh

Deleted
    If classic wow is a success. Think we'll see vanilla rift?

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    You mean Rift Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    You mean the failure that was Rift Prime in which the whole concept was to "go back to where it all began" and yet didn't actually do it properly?

Classic Rift will never ever happen now. Simple.

They had their chance to do Classic/Progression right and they blew it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-11-16 at 11:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean the failure that was Rift Prime in which the whole concept was to "go back to where it all began" and yet didn't actually do it properly?

Classic Rift will never ever happen now. Simple.

They had their chance to do Classic/Progression right and they blew it.
    Rift Prime failed primarily due to two things: 1. No European server (the biggest reason) and 2. The ability lag.

It was literally unplayable for majority of their playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Rift Prime failed primarily due to two things: 1. No European server (the biggest reason) and 2. The ability lag.

It was literally unplayable for majority of their playerbase.
    Not to mention how bugged GSB was at launch.

It's still their fault. They had a chance to make a fresh go of it and a good chunk of people gave them the benefit of the doubt.

They then proceeded to take peoples hope and spit on it.

Yeah it was unplayable. But it was on them. They should have made an EU server and had the ability lag under control sooner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention how bugged GSB was at launch.
    By the time GSB was out most of the people had quit already.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    By the time GSB was out most of the people had quit already.
    Yep. I remember watching a few vids on it though. Was a mess of a raid launch.

As I said they had their chance with Prime and through their own decisions/fault messed it up.

Gamigo will probably leave it up for w/e they can squeeze out of it but Rift Classic ain't ever happening.

Rift Classic ain't ever happening.
    Honestly, I don't think it ever was going to happen. Trion rushed it out mostly just to capitalise on nostalgia, when people realised it was exactly the same game they were already playing with a lower level cap most just left. To properly roll back the game to a 1.0 release would be more work than Trion have been willing to put into any of their newer content for a long time now.

The main reason WoW can get away with doing it is that the content they're restoring is no longer in game. In that regard, it makes a certain kind of sense to have a re-release to open it up to players who may have missed it the first time or those who can no longer enjoy it. Rift already had all the same quests, events and raids in game and accessable anyway. The talent trees no longer exist in the same form, but the rest of the content is there and playable.