Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long does it take to level 110-120 these days?

Did expenditions change anything?

Depends on if you are leveling solo or in a party but it ranges from 4-8 hours depending on your efficiency.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Everyone kept going on about how Islands were quicker but I found that doing the quests was significantly quicker and more enjoyable. Takes me an average of 40 mins per level while Islands take between 50-70 mins per level. Doing one to complete the WQ is worth doing but after that, jump straight into quests.

I am not playing currently. But what the actual fuck? You can level 10 levels within 8 hours? Are you also done with all the quests?
    What is the point of leveling? I am glad that I am not playing anymore. I would feel cheated.

What he said 4-8 hours is not what you want.
    If you want to do all quests in all 3 zones and level to 120, you will need 15+ hours (probably more since you are not playing currently).
    Those 4-8 hours are doing the fastest, least efficient way *speaking in manner of reputations and gear*
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Depends on if you are leveling solo or in a party but it ranges from 4-8 hours depending on your efficiency.
    4 hours? How exactly do you do this in 4 hours?

It depends on if you are gonna focus on getting it done fast, or if you are gonna take your time. If you go fast, you can easily get to 120 within a day. if you take your time, could take a week. Just depends on how much you plan to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I am not playing currently. But what the actual fuck? You can level 10 levels within 8 hours? Are you also done with all the quests?
    What is the point of leveling? I am glad that I am not playing anymore. I would feel cheated.
    Because that's totally new to this expansion. And no, I doubt you can do all quests + War campaign in 8 hours

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At launch, I grouped up with 3 others and it took me around 7hours or less to ding 120. Did everything in Drustvar, then Stormsong and then Tiragarde with 3 remaining questlines. We also used gunshoes and didn't do any objective, except for some which were not slowing us down. We also skipped the War Campaign quests completely. It should be faster now since you can skip the introductory quests in Boralus->Tol Dagor.

Don't forget your anniversary bonus buff!

*also in War Mode. Alliance players, don't be afraid. Apart from the neutral FP areas you won't meet any Horde.

When I leveled up on launch day (with warmode on) in a group of me and 1 friend, we leveled up once every 45 minutes. Right now, with the anniversary bonus of 14%, it should be just a little over 30 minutes per level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Not really. Everyone kept going on about how Islands were quicker but I found that doing the quests was significantly quicker and more enjoyable. Takes me an average of 40 mins per level while Islands take between 50-70 mins per level. Doing one to complete the WQ is worth doing but after that, jump straight into quests.
    Islands are much faster if you get carried through them.

Really fast right now:

- the WoW 14th anniversary gives you permanent +14% XP
    - grab the +5% gem and put in an item that you carry for longer (like a good legendary from legion)
    - Timewalking dungeons give immense amounts of XP, my gf said something like 300k for finishing one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    What he said 4-8 hours is not what you want.
    If you want to do all quests in all 3 zones and level to 120, you will need 15+ hours (probably more since you are not playing currently).
    Those 4-8 hours are doing the fastest, least efficient way *speaking in manner of reputations and gear*
    so 15h is the time it takes to consume 2years worth of crafting I understand why the game is centered around increasing the power

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    No, they are skipping all the quests/rep/gear/everything for a quicker time to 120 basically. It is what you do for alts only.

I was surprised at how fast leveling in BGs was 110-120. I did a couple of quests and explored some of the zones, but I wasn't that into it. Then I started queuing for BGs just for fun and got a lot of XP quickly. Unfortunately once I hit 120 I had no gear, but that's kind of how it always feels anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    When I leveled up on launch day (with warmode on) in a group of me and 1 friend, we leveled up once every 45 minutes. Right now, with the anniversary bonus of 14%, it should be just a little over 30 minutes per level.
    Might want to check that math. 14% reduction of 45 minutes are 38,7 minutes.

Either way - this is a lot faster than I am able to currently D: then again, feral druid isn
    t the fastest..

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Might want to check that math. 14% reduction of 45 minutes are 38,7 minutes.

Either way - this is a lot faster than I am able to currently D: then again, feral druid isn
    t the fastest..
    We've been 2 havoc dhs with best legendaries for leveling so it went pretty smoothly for us

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    No, they are skipping all the quests/rep/gear/everything for a quicker time to 120 basically. It is what you do for alts only.
    Ah right. Well for alts I understand that you can choose not to do all the quests. Still... find it rather weird that the amount of hours is that low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without taking long city breaks between leveling I was averaging between an hour and an hour and half per lvl on my alt from 110-120 -- just chain questing with the odd dungeon (only did 3 or 4).

I had it down to around 10-12 hours with my last chars. No warmode or other bonuses.