Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well from what I’ve heard Kotaku has been throwing it around a lot lately against people who don’t like Diablo immortal and lootboxes.

So yeah, pretty much a meme at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Waaaaah Blizzard should only do thing I WANT! Screw everything else - ONLY I MATTER.

Entitled to the core.
    Another word you can use is capitalism, and people are voting with their wallets. Red Dead Redemption 2 sold also as much as GTAV, and no loot boxes. Meanwhile Blizzards stock is falling NOT JUST BECAUSE OF DIABLO IMMORTAL but because all their games are doing badly. Did we forget that Battle for Azeroth is becoming the worst WoW expansion of all time? If people don't like it they don't buy it. If you don't offer what people want then people go to someone else, like Red Dead Redemption 2. That's not Entitlement, that's capitalism.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2018-11-21 at 12:58 AM.

Entitled is the meme response for every single thing that someone doesn't like that someone else complains about or does. Think it's been a thing since the dawn of one person working and one person not working and wanting things. So since the invention of children maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well from what I’ve heard Kotaku has been throwing it around a lot lately against people who don’t like Diablo immortal and lootboxes.

So yeah, pretty much a meme at this point.
    Speaking of Kotaku, Jason Schreier has been a massive slimeball from the start in regards to this and to predatory practices in general. He went on YongYea, with Yong being perfectly professional and Jason hoped he would "expose" the youtuber for some bullshit. Then after he couldn't do anything, Jason calls out Yong's fans out on twitter and says that Yong himself needs to "think long and hard about it."

It's really hard to believe somebody fucking looks to this guy for their information.

Feels like this meme grew large enough on this board alone. Alongside other memes like ''its just nostalgia'' and ''Blizzard will fix it''.

"New chinese diablo game doesn't look too good."
    "Shut up entitled manchild! Gamerman bad. "

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fallout 76

I assume Bethesda made it server based to cut down on pirating of the game.

The fanbase hates it. Are these fans entitled?
    Of course they are. All of them. Bethesda didn't make this game for them.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-11-20 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    "Entitled" is the new meme argument it seems from too many people, just as "rose tinted glasses" was. If you are invested in a product and are paying for it, it is not entitlement to raise grievances with its qualities and features. Every time someone argues about why for example diablo immortal is awful or some feature in WoW is stupid there is allways a wave of people squelching about you being entitled. Its like if you bought a car and every time there was a new development they made you bring it in for changes, but the changes get dumber and dumber, or their newest separate model is crap. You have every reason to call it out. Criticism creates change for the better, stop acting like crap isn't crap just because you think it's "entitled" to criticize a product.
    Throwing a massive hissy fit because, for example, a games company decided to use its IP on a product you personally don't want is pretty much the definition of being "entitled."

Also it is in no way a new criticism, entitled gamers getting pissed off because things aren't to their liking has been the bane of online communities for a fairly long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Throwing a massive hissy fit because, for example, a games company decided to use its IP on a product you personally don't want is pretty much the definition of being "entitled."

Also it is in no way a new criticism, entitled gamers getting pissed off because things aren't to their liking has been the bane of online communities for a fairly long time.
    Everyone here are using the worst case examples as an excuse to make an argument. I'm not defending people who go on twitter and harass blizz employees or throw hissy fits. So start engaging with the point of my post, and that is that "entitled" is the blanket statement people allways use when defending a developer from criticism no matter how benign that criticism is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Feels like this meme grew large enough on this board alone. Alongside other memes like ''its just nostalgia'' and ''Blizzard will fix it''.
    Those memes are getting expensive for Blizzard.

You don't like it then don't hold anymore Blizzcons, cause Blizzard clearly doesn't know anything about their audience anymore. You can think of that "hissy fit" as constructive feedback or constructive criticism.
    This is entirely new to me. Blizzard is basically telling their gaming community they're going mobile and fuck the PC gaming community, and their little consoles too. A mobile Diablo game won't be better than Diablo 3 on Switch, it won't be even better than Diablo 2 on PC. The very nature of mobile gaming suggest that the game will look like crap, play like crap because of touch screen controls, and cost like crap cause what mobile game doesn't monetize? And yes we all have phones but a decent phone that can play Fortnite will cost you $800+. Considering the declining sales of Apple lately, I don't think many people are going to go out to buy new more powerful phones.

Like I said, this is capitalism and if we really don't like it we'll vote with our wallets, and that's why Blizzards stock dropped hard. It isn't just Blizzard but EA as well, one of the most hated gaming studios for a long time. Call it "Entitlement" or whatever, but the truth is Diablo Immortal sucks, BFA sucks, and nobody likes them. Instead of game companies being entitled dicks, they can learn from games that actually sold well, like God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2. Instead of Blizzard going after little children on mobile cause all Blizzard knows how to do is make games that monetize. That's all Activision and Blizzard knows how to do and their games are failing. Don't blame the customer for knowing what they want.

Everyone here are using the worst case examples as an excuse to make an argument. I'm not defending people who go on twitter and harass blizz employees or throw hissy fits. So start engaging with the point of my post, and that is that "entitled" is the blanket statement people allways use when defending a developer from criticism no matter how benign that criticism is.
    I'm using an example you gave in the OP. Diablo Immortals isn't even out yet so anyone complaining about how terrible it is must be doing so because they dislike mobile-ARPGs in general. In that case they're not the target audience and complaining that a company is making a product that isn't catering to your specific needs is pretty much the definition of acting entitled.

That's the key difference - if you say that you don't like mobile ARPGs because you have problems with the controls or it isn't feasible for you to get a phone that can run it, that's a valid criticism. If you go on to say that Blizz are wrong to make a mobile game because you don't like it, or start throwing out phrases like "shit on the fans" or "slap in the face" you move into acting entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using an example you gave in the OP. Diablo Immortals isn't even out yet so anyone complaining about how terrible it is must be doing so because they dislike mobile-ARPGs in general. In that case they're not the target audience and complaining that a company is making a product that isn't catering to your specific needs is pretty much the definition of acting entitled.

That's the key difference - if you say that you don't like mobile ARPGs because you have problems with the controls or it isn't feasible for you to get a phone that can run it, that's a valid criticism. If you go on to say that Blizz are wrong to make a mobile game because you don't like it, or start throwing out phrases like "shit on the fans" or "slap in the face" you move into acting entitled.
    100%. "Slap in the face" is actually the most annoying meme in the gaming community.

The only hissy fit that actually matters is whether folks buy the game or not. Social media simply gives a bullhorn to all those dissatisfied people beyond how they spend their money.

If D:I makes titanic amounts of money, you can be rest assured that the ensuing complaints from prior fans of the title will be ignored completely, because at the end of the day, this is really all about capitalism, and memories tend to be pretty short in the consumer world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You poor thing, You yourself opened with a blanket statement. Perhaps you should have been specific to start with with your criticism. Lad, you are guilty of what you are moaning about.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, entitlement exists. Yeah, calling everything entitlement exists too. Some people are fucking entitled bitches that complain about absolutely everything imaginable, sometimes to drum up free moneys on Twitch/Youtube. Some people are invested in something they like and are voicing legitimate criticism and complaints about things. Sometimes people think things they don't like are the first and things they do are the second. It's a catty world.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Money talks. I get why Blizzard wants to get into the mobile market... You can make games that require hundreds to thousands of time less resources of hundreds to thousands of times the profit of a conventional game.

Therefore, the concept of "entitled" coming from them makes sense. Why "should" they make games when the money isn't in it? Is the "morale" of making games that valuable, especially by comparison to actual market value? Seriously, think about about it, the cost of making AAA games has been multiplying each year where the profit has been crashing for it year to year. Additionally, mobile games have been getting simpler and simpler to make thanks to templates and the mobile hardware getting better and better without gaming companies footing that bill.

The writing is on the wall and you can cry and whine about it all you want. You're not the target audience anymore and you likely won't ever be again. Business will always supply the demand and the demand is not only growing in mobile, but it is the ONLY real lucrative avenue now. Most game companies now rely on their mobile market teams to fund their non-mobile projects. Devs are beginning to question why they work as hard as they do for a crowd that doesn't put out like the mobile market does.

I can't blame them, if I could make more money in less time with less work, I'd do it too. What is the monetary benefit in continuing in the console and PC market when its crashing?

Think about it. Isn't it honestly "entitled" to demand a company to do the less profitable thing that costs more to them and takes more time? They lose on three fronts of that deal while only "keeping" players that refuse to pay what the mobile market will for a worse product.
    Last edited by Torrasque; 2018-11-21 at 06:21 AM.

"Entitled" is the new meme argument it seems from too many people, just as "rose tinted glasses" was. If you are invested in a product and are paying for it, it is not entitlement to raise grievances with its qualities and features. Every time someone argues about why for example diablo immortal is awful or some feature in WoW is stupid there is allways a wave of people squelching about you being entitled. Its like if you bought a car and every time there was a new development they made you bring it in for changes, but the changes get dumber and dumber, or their newest separate model is crap. You have every reason to call it out. Criticism creates change for the better, stop acting like crap isn't crap just because you think it's "entitled" to criticize a product.
    Except that 98% of the people flinging shit at Diablo Immortal haven't played the game, and are purely criticizing it based on "phone games are bad" meme... as long as we're on the subject of memes. A fair number of people who actually played it said it ranged from entertaining and fun to simple and dull. "But it's a reskin!" "But it's going to be pay 2 win!" "But it's made for China and shown at an American show!" - all things that are tertiary to whether or not it's a game that deserves to exist, which we won't know until it comes out. Due to the fact that they made it abundantly clear that they're working on more Diablo projects, and that this is just one of them, people going "I don't want this project! I want the one I want NOW! RELEASE A JPEG TEASER!"... that's pretty entitled. Demanding that creators make what you want and not what they want, demanding that employees earn a living how you see fit and not able to do as they please... means they're supposed to be your bitch, because at one point you paid for a product.

If we want to talk about memes, lets go with the fact that any time someone engages in logical reasoning instead of hate boner, they're automatically a "shill".

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fallout 76

I assume Bethesda made it server based to cut down on pirating of the game.

The fanbase hates it. Are these fans entitled?
    It depends do they dislike it after thoughtful decision making and decide that "well I don't like it but no big deal if others are having fun." and go on their merry way. Then no they're not being entitled.

But if they go to everything regarding 76 stating the above. Being hostile to Bethesda for making the game in the concept (not going once or twice " maybe you could have done x instead. " that's fine. That's showing you are wanting a market in a certain direction and maybe you'll get it. But shit posting so those who wish to legit talk about the game get drowned out isn't OK) or making videos that have no actual argument using at best buzzwords at worst just full on insults do come off as less wanting to actually engage in legit talk about the game and instead just being entitled wanting an echo chamber.

Then there's that other level where you try to deny people actually enjoy the game and those playing and/or streaming are obviously doing it for financial incentive by Bethesda or because their channel relies on fallout.

(note this argument while using fallout due to reply can go towards any game. Should also point out can be used in reverse for fanboys/girls who don't accept their game isn't perfect. When no game is)

10+ Year Old Account

It doesn't mean that customers should sit back and shut up tho. Big companies pay a lot of money for market analysis, and people are happily give the feedback in a form outrage - now it's blizzards turn to dismantle this situation - they may realize how much they lose in terms of stable fanbase and that jumping on this cheesy mobile gaming bandwagon this late is a short-term gain and long-term loss.

You are literally trying to say to customers to shut up over quality and quantity of product company they are invested in making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I can't decide if the lefties are the ones arguing against the gaming community using the same arguments they use against "entitled white men".
    Or if other people are co-opting that argument for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Another word you can use is capitalism, and people are voting with their wallets. Red Dead Redemption 2 sold also as much as GTAV, and no loot boxes. Meanwhile Blizzards stock is falling NOT JUST BECAUSE OF DIABLO IMMORTAL but because all their games are doing badly. Did we forget that Battle for Azeroth is becoming the worst WoW expansion of all time? If people don't like it they don't buy it. If you don't offer what people want then people go to someone else, like Red Dead Redemption 2. That's not Entitlement, that's capitalism.
    I'm so glad I have Vash the Stampede on my side, no one else matters xD. Love and peace!