5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good single-player games for PS4? I've played The Last of Us and Horizon: Zero dawn so far.
    Red Dead Redemption 2. If you're a fan of Rockstar and narrative/character-driven stories you'll love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    Hello guys!
    I'm looking for something to play with my 2 friends. Game genres dont matter, as long as its fun/challenging/interesting.
    This is whats we've beaten so far/spent lots of time in them:
    Borderlands series,
    Trine series,
    Divinity original sin series,
    Killing floor series, L4D,
    Dying Light, Dead Island series,
    Lots of Dota 2 and PUBG sessions,
    Dark Souls series,
    Payday series,
    GTA V online,
    Serious Sam series,
    Lots of Starcraft, LOTR, C&C Generals, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires sessions,
    Dont Starve Together,
    Diablo 3, Torchlight series, PoE, Grim Dawn, Titan quest grinding.
    We dont like MMOs, and there 3 of us, so 2ppl only games wont work.
    Thank you guys in advance.
    Try Monster Hunter World out. Great for a party of 3/4, you can change 'classes' based on what weapon you wield and the game is fairly challenging.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    3 main reasons.

Clunky movement system.
    Boring story.
    Dislike the loot system.
    Movement is a metric that progresses the same as damage, hp, etc, if you have clunky movement, you haven't invested into it enough.

Story is minor part of the game, and can be largely ignored.

Loot system is highly customizable, by design. There are both deterministic and RNG elements, and trading, which is a must in a such RNG heavy genre.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

i recommend pubg in these days

7+ Year Old Account
    Now that destiny 2 is free, warframe vs destiny 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Now that destiny 2 is free, warframe vs destiny 2?
    While they are superficially similar, they are still very different games; one is an ability based third person horde shooter with incredible freedom of movement and player customization while the other is a slower first person shooter with more rigid player customization. Warframe also has more variety in content: you can either do horde shooting missionz, slow and methodical stealth runs, free roaming in two open world-esque maps, play as Gundams in space, etc.

Most standout difference is monetization. All of Warframe's content is free, and since there iz no gear treadmill, there are no gameplay advantages to spending IRL money. In fact, non-paying players can even trade with paying players to get the paid cosmetics. Destiny requires you to buy the latest dlc to play through the latest content, and then there are the microtransactions. Also, your progression and items accumulated in Destiny 2 probably won't carry over to Destiny 3, while DE simply just updates Warframe.

- - - Updated - - -

need a good steam rpg

i have been longing to play a good rpg on steam for a while now, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? final fantasy/breath of fire-esque..like cartoony

Cthulhu Saves the World. Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

Legend of Heroes series. Trails of Cold Steel in particular.

Three "Tales of..."-Games are on Steam: Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria.

Mostly stand-alone stories with recurring elements, just like FF. (Although in this case Berseria is the prequel to Zestiria.)
    If you like them Vespiria, one of the best of the series, is coming in a "definitve edition" in january, too.
    Last edited by Danaos; 2018-11-22 at 01:23 AM.
    "All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done. By the Sunwell, I hope that there will remain something of mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaos View Post
    Three "Tales of..."-Games are on Steam: Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria.

Mostly stand-alone stories with recurring elements, just like FF. (Although in this case Berseria is the prequel to Zestiria.)
    I did not like Zestria at all, Berseria is great though and of course Symphonia is a classic.

I really liked Evoland II. The first one, not so much. I'm 35 and grew up on games like FFVI, CronoTrigger, FFtactics, etc. This game is an homage to those and more. Basically the plot of the game is time travel RPG, but as you go into different time periods, the rpg genre shifts as well. There are eras very much akin to early zelda, FFVI, CronoTrigger, FFtactics, etc as well as mini games and boss battles that are based on street fighter and other non-rpg games from the 90s. It's totally worth the $4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I second this. Wonderful games.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone mentioned above Tales of Berseria, Symphonia, and Legend of Heroes series the Sky series and Cold Steel series. YS series is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraynor View Post
    Legend of Heroes series. Trails of Cold Steel in particular.
    I have to second this. Trails of Cold Steel has become one of my all time favorite games, and one of the handful that I've found so enjoyable that I've replayed it. It takes place in a Franco-Prussian inspired Empire on the brink of a revolution. A magitek industrial revolution has empowered the common man and has led to division within the country between traditionalists and reformists, between nobles, merchants, and commoners. Never before have I found a fictional society that has been explored and developed this thoroughly in any media. But the real star of the show is its protagonist, Rean Schwarzer a young man who has become lost in the world, unable to find happiness or his place in the world. He decides to throw his life away and become an army officer, and enrolls at Thors Military Academy. He's become my all time favorite character, but I won't speak of anymore so as to not to spoil it for you. The techno-magic aesthetic is reminiscent of RWBY (or is it the other way around, since Zero came out before RWBY?), so it's definitely not just another medieval fantasy game. The game values quality over quantity, with virtually no filler content, padding, or wasted space, and held my attention for the entire 90 hour long experience. Every NPC has their own little story that updates after every major story event (which is quite often actually), so you get to follow along this nation and its people and really get to know them. If I had to recommend one game, it's this one.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-11-22 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    i have been longing to play a good rpg on steam for a while now, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? final fantasy/breath of fire-esque..like cartoony
    Half Minute Hero 1 and 2 are fantastic little gems though the gameplay is pretty simplistic there is a surprisingly endearing story to it

no one mentioned Undertale yet...if you haven't played it or had the story spoiled to you by now its worth a look..ignore the fanbase

Don't think I have to mention the Final Fantasies, Dragon Quests, Tales of, Disgaeas to you

I am Setsuna has Chrono Trigger's gameplay with a subjectively worse version of FFX's story..not a bad play though

Deleted
    Battlefield 5 is out. I'm searching for the best price now Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzvejas View Post
    Battlefield 5 is out. I'm searching for the best price now Any suggestions?
    dont waste your money yet - buggy, gfx issues - BF1 is still superior, although i am playing V more.

Any chance of adding a dedicated Fallout 76 forum? Would love to have that option here versus sifting through the random bits on the web or lurking around the Wiki pages. I was hoping something like the megathread here would be sufficient but it's turned...err, rather sour for the most part. Just looking for interesting discoveries/banter/fun experiences and deeper gameplay discussion, which are sadly hard to find currently.

Also: Elder Scrolls Online
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Lazrec; 2018-11-29 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Additional suggestion.

Games that are hidden gems?

Hello

I was wondering, if people had any good suggestions for games that are hidden gems. As in games that people might have missesed. For reasons such as producer wasnt well known at the time game was released or just for some reason didnt gain popularity. Ect.

This happens occassionally to me. Since I had bought very well known game like divinity: original sin2 a few months ago and liked it a lot, I looked at other games Larian had produced before and due to this I bought divinity2 from steam sale recently for ~2€. It was old and had problems functioning in newer computers, but after applying a fix, it started working well and I have liked the game a lot even if its like 10years old and it shows.

Thats just an example. Others that I found have been from much longer time.
    Kingdoms of Amalur wasnt well known, but I loved that game too.

There are some other games that are pretty obscure, I think, and I feel always sad that I didnt find them earlier. Such as some old rgp's /hack and slash games. I once randomly from some steam sale bought shadows:heretic kingdoms and it was rated pretty average, but I liked it a lot. Along with it came some extremely old game that was previous game set in the same world, but that was REALLY ancient game. I loved that too. I think I just enjoyed the story. So game age doesnt really matter.

So what less known games you know? I want to see, if I would like them too. I need fresh stuff.
    Last edited by Morae; 2018-12-02 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rimworld, Factorio, Subnautica, Empyrion, Stellaris, No Man's Sky, The Talos Principle.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.