Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dont you guy have phones!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    when did bitcoin start to fall and activision? can the two be related?.. i smell conspirces
    this is what slipped on my mind also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The market is adjusting to what was obviously a bubble, tech companies are adjusting harder.
    THIS THIS AND THIS, it will burst, today's games are too expansive to make. You can't really sell a AAA game for "only60$" millions and milions and millions are going into eh development of the game and marketing.

Its even worse than moves.. LIke what a 100 000 move needs to make 500 000, something like that to eb even profitable because the real cost is not 100 000 but 250 000+ so you need to make 2x the amount to cover the cost and invesmant.

It can't sustain it self. Ya 2003 games could cost 20-40$ , today... not so much really.

Dnk about CDRed, but I would be surprised if they have an easy time.

DNK man , its going to shit and looking at the " best Game Devs " it will fall "soon S

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People acting like they know anything about stock markets except "if down = bad" ITT.

People implying the fan outrage has ANYTHING to do with the fall is even worse because none of the mouthbreathers actually complaining have any stocks in Blizzard in the first place.
    Its called investor confidence. Most would sell as they see too much risk because of the reaction to Diablo mobile, on top of the rest of whats happened this year.

But yeah, I am confident they will climb again if the mobile game sells as they anticipate in Asia markets.

It look like it's a general market trend. EA, Nintendo and Ubi are freefalling aswell.
    I would advise caution before arguing that it's because "muh diablo".

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    I'm happy about this and I can only hope Activision Blizzard get the message for once.
    Learn what? Do people really think a side project they commissioned someone else to make is the reason a multi-billion valued company is dropping in value? They have been dropping in value for a while, like a month before we even know about their disappointing reveal.

I hope they alter their course, as much as anyone, but people seem love to use stock numbers to prove their point regardless of its relevance or correlation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    It look like it's a general market trend. EA, Nintendo and Ubi are freefalling aswell.
    Their Pokemon game must have failed hard because of their stock drop. What did EA release or announce recently so we can blame that on their falling value?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Do you even stocks bro?

It's a trend. Markets are down for awhile now. Actually looks like blizzard is doing better than most other s&p 500s are doing recently.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2018-11-22 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

7+ Year Old Account

Activision is like a parasite that slowly drains blizzard

Deleted
    A low stock price also makes it a target for a takeover. Who knows what strategy is behind this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Do you even stocks bro?

It's a trend. Markets are down for awhile now. Actually looks like blizzard is doing better than most other s&p 500s are doing recently.
    No, most of them dont... they see a correlation and they run to the forums to spew their lack of knowledge dressed up as so-called 'facts' then they proceed to shit everywhere and fling it about and stomp off like they know it all.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No, most of them dont... they see a correlation and they run to the forums to spew their lack of knowledge dressed up as so-called 'facts' then they proceed to shit everywhere and fling it about and stomp off like they know it all.
    Really, so you don't see recent events as a fundamental structural shift towards activision personnel/mindset, essentially asset-stripping of the goodwill that very large successful long-term focused companies tend to cultivate, short-term gain traded for long-term bankruptcy? You don't think this is a pattern observable in many former fortune 500 companies, that can to a large extent be picked up by neural networks or even simpler pattern recognition systems, based on recent market data?

Or are you just a very, very stupid person that just likes sucking Blizzard dick? Because it seems like you just reflexively grovel towards anything you perceive as powerful for its own sake.

Didn't Nintendo see a big jump when Pokemon Go was released?

So does this mean games and their reputation only matter when stock is going up, or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    And yet between 10am and 2pm today it was climbing; it's back up to where it was last Friday, at the moment.

Stocks are volatile. News at 11.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Exactly, all of the big name developers/publishers are hurting right now.. Makes me wonder if Sony is hurting as well, one interesting thing Microsoft just went on a big spending spree recently buying up a few game developers..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That is the thing there are quite a few people with a hate boner and as such if they can find a way to crap all over what they hate they will, seems to be a running trend of late unfortunately..

Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    THIS THIS AND THIS, it will burst, today's games are too expansive to make. You can't really sell a AAA game for "only60$" millions and milions and millions are going into eh development of the game and marketing.
    Correction : they aren't too expensive to MAKE, they are too expensive to MARKET.
    As with everything, the marketing parasite is sucking the blood of the industry by hoarding the investment. Companies will sooner cust half of the actual production budget of the game and release it with bugs and half-baked features and copy-paste the previous version, than cut one quarter of the marketting (which would spare twice the amount money).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, the Activision doomsayers are out again.

The merger happed in 2007. It's been 11 years, the sky has not fallen yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising if it's true. WoW is (deservedly) tanking subs, SC isn't very popular anymore, they've let Diablo die off, HotS is losing to the other DOTAs. I guess Hearthstone is the only real success for them at the moment?

They're a big company but they're not what they used to be, their value should reflect that.