Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    People here acting like this affects the original animated film lmao good god, losers.
    It doesn't. But maybe they could have done something original instead of rehashing their classics?
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2018-11-23 at 12:20 AM.
    RETH

Trailer looks cool! Loved the first one. As long as they don't force a misguided (and self-defeating) cultural critique into it, like the Jungle book, it could be a fun ride. (With Shere Khans hatred and fear of the "dangerous" "untrusty" outsider who didn't belong there, It was pretty clear the allegory they were going for.. so it was a strange twist when Mowgli proved him right and burnt down half the fucking jungle. Wait.. was Shere Khan the hero of that movie?)

I also think casting all black actors so they're not "whitewashing" the lions is beyond bizarre and hilarious. It's one of these "SO progressive I'm not sure if it's super racist.." things.

I mean.. it'd have been great and understandable if it was an all African cast, but it's not. They're mostly British and Americans. From their skin colour alone, they're deemed more appropriate to voice African wild animals. A neo-nazi could have made this up as a joke.
    I get that a lot of people have a lot of pride in their African ancestry, but I'm not sure that the idea that black peoples skin will always inherently tie them to Africa is particularly progressive.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-11-23 at 12:33 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I went down the wikipedia hole from watchmen to aboriginal Australians. Help.
    lol it’s from his IMDB page

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It doesn't. But maybe they could have done something original instead of rehashing their classics?
    They have been though

Who would ever think that Beyonce and James Earl Jones/Darth Vader would be in the same film?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

this is quite possibly the worst thing ever to happen to mainstream cinema.

we've reached the epitome of pointless and redundant remakes. there's literally no excuse for this shit.

if they just rereleased the original in theatres I wouldve actually paid money for it.

honestly, I'd gladly pay more money if I knew it meant they get less for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Do you think The Lion King "original" was an original story?
    there's a massive difference between putting a whole original spin on an old tale, there's a shitton of originality in the lion king.
    the songs, the visuals, etc just because it's base story is a very barebones inspiration from hamlet, doesnt excuse this abomination of a remake.

and just shamelessly remaking it shot for shot.

Hardly anything is original these days. It's almost impossible to be.
    that's just a terrible excuse.
    there's still a lot of originality in movies, it's just not disney that has it anymore.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-11-23 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If the answer is not ''work'' then I think you're doing it wrong.
    I don't know how many offices you've been in lately. But people spend a solid amount of time not working lol. It's rampant

What shameless about it if people enjoy it exactly?
    how are those two things mutually exclusive?

people are being exploited over their blind nostalgia, and disney isnt even attempting to sugarcoat it.

that's what's shameless about it.

if you enjoy this crap then you have no standards, and are the reason why most movies suck nowadays.

to take the best animated movie of all time, and deface it like this is just despicable.

Deleted
    that new trailer looks nice.

While I haven't been impressed by any live action Disney remake yet, this one looks the most eye opening for me.

Looks decent, I'll probably take the family to see it.

Only complaint is Zazu is being played by John Oliver. I can't stand the prick.

lawl at all these marvel/disney movies promoting their majority black cast. This'll be terrible, they can't act let alone voice act

Trolling/Racism isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-11-23 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Well, Guess Adult Nala is going to sing in this one.
    She sings in the original you idiot

- - - Updated - - -

This just in, enjoying a movie means you're being exploited.

Art is subjective. No one is being forced to watch a movie. You look silly.

- - - Updated - - -

What an edgy racist we have here.
    Oh look an edgy left wing

Honestly really hope they nail the voices. That’s like 70% of it. Can’t really imagine Timon or pumbaa having different voices, they’re pretty memorable. Same with scar and simba. Will be really dissapointing if they don’t get it right.

I have a feeling Seth Rogan will do great as Pumbaa. I can already see his voice working perfectly. I’m uneasy about the casting for Simba and Timon. Broderick did great as simba and I could easily put his voice to it but idk about Glover. Really hope he nails it because it’ll be really easy to tell if it’s different even slightly and that won’t do it for me.

Won’t pay money to see this though. The original was just too good, I’ve watched it a few times in high school/adulthood too. I’m worried they’ll ruin it and if they do I don’t wanna regret giving money to that kinda thing.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-11-23 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    lawl at all these marvel/disney movies promoting their majority black cast. This'll be terrible, they can't act let alone voice act
    James Earl Jones cant voice act good to know.

Further evidence Hollywood is bereft of original ideas and all they have left is rehashing previous successes. It might be time for the entertainment industry to expand the breeding pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Oliver will be absolutely perfect as Zazu.

Beyond that it's really going to come down, for me at least, to if the more realistic CGI can keep up with all the original animation had to offer. There's some things you just can't do with realism CGI that is done all the time in cartooning.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Since the original Lion King had a decent number of black voice actors (Mufasa, Rafiki, Surabi, Shenzi, Young Nala and Simba's singing voices..) you really come across as a sour grape, racist asshole.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

they cheated with that Trailer. Original style music and original mufasa voice. the feels.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Further evidence Hollywood is bereft of original ideas and all they have left is rehashing previous successes. It might be time for the entertainment industry to expand the breeding pool.
    It's funny because: "The Lion King was the first Disney animated feature to be an original story, rather than be based on an already existing work" (from the wiki page), and seeing as it was the the 32nd Disney animated feature film, that's a shit-ton of unoriginal ideas over the course of 50 years... Hollywood has been making remakes and adaptations since Hollywood became a thing. Deal with it.

I really don't get the point of this movie. They remake an animated picture in a slightly different animated picture. I mean, it looks very good, but... also weird.