Thread: 8.1 Content

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    WoD Flying was added in 6.2, Legion flying was added in 7.2.... See the pattern?
    Flying was at launch in BC WOTLK CATA PANDAS see the pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    only for multi threading, don't give a damn about any content in wow ATM or 8.1 everything is just lackluster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Plenty of people called MoP fanfic and it had the best storytelling. Got anymore insults for retail WoW?
    MoP is the literal opposite of a Warcraft fanfic. MoP had the best storytelling vehicle in the shape of Divine Bell and Isle of Thunder, but storywise it left much to be desired.

As for additional 'insults', I can condense it to the story for now.
    - MoP Jaina
    - MoP Garrosh
    - Green Jesus
    - Post-Cata Sylvanas
    - Teldrassil
    - Post-WIII Night Elves
    - WoD
    - War Crimes
    - Mag'har AR questline

Just to name a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Sounds to me you just don't find wow fun anymore and thats ok there are other MMOrpgs you can try now sure!
    Name some please because all the ones i have tried are worse than wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    omgz guyz flying makes WoW soo much better!!!

So stupid. If flying makes you sub for longer you have serious issues with this game and might want to try a flight simulator if you like flying so much.
    Whether you like it or not, many players want to see flying coming in earlier and with less of a grind. Concerning the flying debate it seems a vocal minority got their way over the majority - and peeps on non-PVP servers got severely shafted.

taking a break till 8.2
    8.1 looks like another boring no-content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I unsubbed yesterday. Exams coming up, plus im traveling back home for the holiday season. Hopefully there will be lots to do in january. I know the raid is not coming out until then so why stress it anyway.

Wish it had flying though. I have done everything on both factions. Nothing new to see except if they release some new quest/story zones. Im OK with on-ground on those, but I see no logical reason why we cant fly in KT/Z when we have done it all. Besides, we got lots of cool flying mounts!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah new dungeons would be sweet. Wont get it though. Prob just some new amazing affixes made for epsport events.

The new dungeon is in 8.2 which is way further back than I wanted =[ It does look great though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Blizzard's stated several times over the last few years that they want people to experience the world before giving them access to flying.
    Done in a week, problem is that there is nothing to experience, with or without flying, past that initial week.
    You simply move from one side to the other to get some herbs and some initial equipment, past that is useless, people i think do equip more from warfronts than from WQs this expansion, and the gold rewards are laughable.
    The exploration is done really fast and there is no reward past taking a look at the landscape, too little incentive IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I'm curious to how many players actually use warmode though
    A better question would be how many people uses warmode because they care about WPVP.
    I know no one who is in war mode because of that, most of them (me included) do it just for the bonus, and honestly mostly no one engages in PVP, most players from the other faction ignore me, and i play horde and alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Incursions = exact copy paste of Legion invasions. How original.

They were mostly used to level your alts quickly.
    Not an exact copy. They're far more centralized around particular locations and result in both factions having different sets of WQs, with WPvP likely to break out in War Mode. The finale events are also handled differently, and you can earn currency.

8.1 looks really light on content. Mechagon or a mega-dungeon equivalent should have come in 8.1.

What I want to know is why did flying only become a problem in WoD? They had no issues with revamping the old world to accommodate flying in Cata, or with designing continents like Northrend and Pandaria to accommodate flying which would be available after paying a lump sum of gold. Out of all the years I've played this game it has not been an issue for the playerbase or the devs (I'm not acknowledging a minority of WoW forum crybabies that probably did complain about it because they whine about anything and everything on there).

It's more like they're exaggerating flying as a problem and scapegoating it to align with their new philosophy of extending the time needed to consume open world content in the name of 'immersion' and 'adventure', and people are buying it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    It's the same thing with Destiny tossing out DLCs that you finish on release day or shortly after. One could argue that's Activision's influence...
    How is "access to a new/altered/expanded location with an assosciated questline that unlocks repeatable daily/weekly content" any different from the typical content patch going back to BC?

Skettis, Netherwing Ledge, Isle of Quel'danas, Argent Tourney, Molten Front, Landfall, Barrens, Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle, Tanaan, Suramar, Broken Shore, Argus...

This is entirely in line with the type of content we have come to expect. Most of those things I listed did not have sprawling, epic stories, and if they did they were only sprawling because they were time or rep gated.

I wonder how many people still spazzing over delayed flying are also chomping at the bit for Vanilla WoW.

Lol

If you havent realized it yet This stuff is the start of the end for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Also star wars battlefront 2 at origin is fun and a great game for your money (its like 15 euro/7usd on origin) there are no lootboxes and they have a better microtransaction policy than games like skinCancer games like Overwatch.

Its basically a free game and lots of people are playing

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The new dungeon is in 8.2 which is way further back than I wanted =[ It does look great though.
    Yeah I know.. The dungeon looks great and it would be sweet having it out with 8.1.

I bet the time between 8.2 and the next major patch will be a looong haul, so makes sense they keep on that dungeon for that period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Lol

If you havent realized it yet This stuff is the start of the end for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Also star wars battlefront 2 at origin is fun and a great game for your money (its like 15 euro/7usd on origin) there are no lootboxes and they have a better microtransaction policy than games like skinCancer games like Overwatch.

Its basically a free game and lots of people are playing
    Cool! one of the games im going to check out now after I have unsubbed from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Done in a week, problem is that there is nothing to experience, with or without flying, past that initial week.
    You simply move from one side to the other to get some herbs and some initial equipment, past that is useless, people i think do equip more from warfronts than from WQs this expansion, and the gold rewards are laughable.
    The exploration is done really fast and there is no reward past taking a look at the landscape, too little incentive IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

A better question would be how many people uses warmode because they care about WPVP.
    I know no one who is in war mode because of that, most of them (me included) do it just for the bonus, and honestly mostly no one engages in PVP, most players from the other faction ignore me, and i play horde and alliance.
    I don't have it on cause 10% is a garbage reward. I don't think i'd even have it on if it was 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah I know.. The dungeon looks great and it would be sweet having it out with 8.1.

I bet the time between 8.2 and the next major patch will be a looong haul, so makes sense they keep on that dungeon for that period.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool! one of the games im going to check out now after I have unsubbed from wow.
    All content is free they are releasing a new map and a new hero this week (geonosis and obi wan (finally)

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I don't have it on cause 10% is a garbage reward. I don't think i'd even have it on if it was 50%.
    And here we have another example of the ever elusive concept of people liking different things.

I've seen threads where people claim warmode is "mandatory". You responded to someone who said people do it "just for the bonus". And you said you don't do it at all and the 10% is "garbage".

People. like. different. things.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    And here we have another example of the ever elusive concept of people liking different things.

I've seen threads where people claim warmode is "mandatory". You responded to someone who said people do it "just for the bonus". And you said you don't do it at all and the 10% is "garbage".

People. like. different. things.
    For sure; I don't deny that. Some players are enticed by minuscule rewards while enduring features they don't actually like

Pathfinder has been a failure since WoD.

In theory, it should encourage people to explore more with land mount. But in fact, it disencourage people from doing world quests and explore on alts.

Would love an announcement that flying has been removed permanently.