Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic lockouts should be removed the moment cross-realm is activated

After succesfully pugging Taloc and Mother for like 6 weeks straight I got into a group where 4 friends who 'didnt need mother' left straight after Taloc even tho it was clearly advertised as a Taloc+Mother run. Its actually super frustrating to be saved to a lockout and have 0 chances of killing mother this week.

I believe when cross realm gets activated (making it puggable content) the lockout should be removed. It makes 0 sense to lock people out because of the shit move of a few randoms.

There are many players around that have the quality to raid mythic, but not the time to do it on a shedule. Why not allow those players a decent chance progressing at their own pace?

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Once they make it cross realm, it no longer makes sense to keep the lockout ids, especially now that its personal loot.

Can't disagree with this. It's an artefact of the past and if people want to farm mother 46 times then whats the harm after CRZ opens?

The problem blizzard might have is that people would be able to use the same lockout to sell cutting edge or if a boss have a mount farm it.

Last thing you want is people leaving after one wipe.

Remove the lockout, and it will be unbearable. When people are saved, they take it more seriously.

Mythic isn't made for pugging and therefore no design decision should be made based around making it more accessible for pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Agree! ALL GUILDS SHOULD DISBAN IMO

Deleted
    There is rarely such thing as a mother + pug. People dip right after Taloc and no one wants to get saved to a group who isn't even guaranteed to kill the next boss.

Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    There is rarely such thing as a mother + pug. People dip right after Taloc and no one wants to get saved to a group who isn't even guaranteed to kill the next boss.
    Wrong, that is because mythic lockout killed pugs.

Join a guild.
    Guild sucks dude. Unless you are in the 1st kill race top tier guilds, Guild are ALWAYS bad since they are NOT designed for raiding but for socializing.

It is wrong to join a guild for raiding since guild is NEVER meant to progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Last thing you want is people leaving after one wipe.

Remove the lockout, and it will be unbearable. When people are saved, they take it more seriously.
    It is not true. If there is a mythic lockout, no one will take PUG seriously since you will lose your locks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    Wrong, that is because mythic lockout killed pugs.

Guild sucks dude. Unless you are in the 1st kill race top tier guilds, Guild are ALWAYS bad since they are NOT designed for raiding but for socializing.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not true. If there is a mythic lockout, no one will take PUG seriously since you will lose your locks.
    Mythic lockout didn't kill mythic pugs because mythic pugging was never really a serious path to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Mythic lockout didn't kill mythic pugs because mythic pugging was never really a serious path to start with.
    False. I love PUGs and never finish normal/heroic raid in guilds and mythic lockout killed mythic PUGs for me. How could you say it is NOT a serious path?

You don't understand how bad and lazy 99.99% of guilds are. People will always be absent for all kinds of shit reasons. Only top tier guilds are really good and all other guilds just suck.

I understand why blizzard removes master loot since guilds are objectively bad for raiding.
    Last edited by rbigrq; 2018-11-26 at 05:24 AM.

False. I love PUGs and never finish normal/heroic raid in guilds and mythic lockout killed mythic PUGs for me. How could you say it is NOT a serious path?
    How can you kill something that was never alive?

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    How can you kill something that was never alive?
    They did alive and mythic lockout killed them.

Raiding guilds should ALL disban imo. They are the most drama kings when they come for raiding. Guilds are designed for socializing NOT raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    CRZ opens?
    Cross Realm =/= CRZ.

Hey look- the opinion of someone that's never been in a mythic progression focused guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Hey look- the opinion of someone that's never been in a mythic progression focused guild.
    LOL. I got multiple cutting edges and I've seen how bad guilds are.

I mean are there actual arguments about why it would be bad for the game, not just that pugs are bad so they shouldn't be able to?

Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    I mean are there actual arguments about why it would be bad for the game, not just that pugs are bad so they shouldn't be able to?
    PUGs are NOT bad since PUGs always try to fix themselves by inventing tools like Raider.IO to fix it. Guilds are bad since they are lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

"Why mythic lockouts couldn't be removed?"

Because lazy guilds want other people to carry and boost them freely.

PUGs are NOT bad since PUGs always try to fix themselves by inventing tools like Raider.IO to fix it. Guilds are bad since they are lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

"Why mythic lockouts couldn't be removed?"

Because lazy guilds want other people to carry and boost them freely.
    You're being a little too blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by capri sunset View Post
    You're being a little too blatant.
    Ok, let me explain how bad guilds are.

People absent -> no progress -> good players go to better guilds -> original guild disbans -> Wasting time for everyone + more people afking + destroy community

Infinite Cycles.

THAT FACT IS GUILDS ARE INEFFICIENT.

Ok, let me explain how bad guilds are.

People absent -> no progress -> good players go to better guilds -> original guild disbans -> Wasting time for everyone + more people afking + destroy community

Infinite Cycles.

THAT FACT IS GUILDS ARE INEFFICIENT.
    Right that is a real problem for more casual mythic guilds and less populous servers in particular, I'd argue the solutions to that are more along the lines of earlier cross realm, bringing back a certain smaller raid size etc. rather than outlawing guilds altogether, no?