Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

About how old is our main character?

My main, my mage, has been living in Azeroth since the 2nd month of WoW's release. I recently realized he has watched Anduin grow up from a kid, to a teen, to the young man he is now.

How many years have passed since Vanilla to BfA? Is he an old man?

Deleted
    According to other posts on the subject and the unofficial timelines people have composed, it's been somewhere in the region of 15 years since vanilla.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Timeline is roughly two years per expansion, similar to their duration IRL.

Edit: Don't worry, this has been corrected multiple times already. It's 1 year. You can stop quoting it now.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2018-11-28 at 03:21 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    My main, my mage, has been living in Azeroth since the 2nd month of WoW's release. I recently realized he has watched Anduin grow up from a kid, to a teen, to the young man he is now.
    Anduin’s still a teenager.
    change can't wait.

Unfortunately, we haven't had an official up to date timeline since 2013.
    Vanilla was year 25, Anduin turned 16 year 31 (WoD), the assumption is that Legion was year 32 and BFA year 33 as the only expansion that lasted longer than a year lore-wise was Cataclysm, so 1 year per expansion seems to be the pattern.
    So, to answer your question, it's been roughly 8 years since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Timeline is roughly two years per expansion, similar to their duration IRL.
    Cataclysm was the only expansion that lasted 2 years in lore time, Legion/BFA could be too but Blizzard hasn't updated us on that one since WoD but as every other expansion is a year apart, that's what we're sticking with for now.

Anduin should be the age of 19, which makes the concept of the Alliance and the High King stupid. Why is this teenager the chief in command of the biggest political faction of Azeroth, who has literally zero experience on anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    depends on how old our main char was when we created them

depends on what race your main char is as well

How long has it been since Classic? http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_%2...isual_Guide%29

10+ Year Old Account
    The secret is that we are a kind of loot-vampire.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Mine is a corpse so not sure his age is really all that relevent. Since his a mage I have always imagined him as a fairly high up mage in the Kirin Tor before he was killed by the Scourge in the thrid war. So firmly middle aged.

Also it deoends on when they were created. Pre cats and cata characters have a clear difference in age
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-11-27 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Anduin should be the age of 19, which makes the concept of the Alliance and the High King stupid. Why is this teenager the chief in command of the biggest political faction of Azeroth, who has literally zero experience on anything?
    blizzard is incapable of writing about anything but humans for the alliance. it’s why the horde is better, it’s actually the diverse, accepting faction where everyone has a say.
    change can't wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    According to other posts on the subject and the unofficial timelines people have composed, it's been somewhere in the region of 15 years since vanilla.
    According to official timelines it's more like 8 years. Last official timeline we had was published in 2016, which put Classic at 25 ADP and Warlords at 31 ADP. Sources for BFA put us in roughly 33 ADP right now.

Basically, it depends on your race, class, and whether they started pre- or post-Cataclysm, and most importantly how old you want your character to be. Elves could be hundreds or even thousands of years old. Generally speaking most living characters should at least have lived through the Third War, either as a child, a civilian, or a combatant.

Basically, it's up to you, but eight years have passed since 1.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Unfortunately, we haven't had an official up to date timeline since 2013.
    "Updated and Expanded" Ultimate Visual Guide was published 2016.

... Man, we sure have seen some mad shit in 8 short years... o.O

My character is around 32 then, same as myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... Man, we sure have seen some mad shit in 8 short years... o.O

My character is around 32 then, same as myself!
    I remember how the beginnin of jade forest in MoP made me sad for my character when cho says "...You've seen a lifetime of warfare, haven't you?".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You're as old as you want to be, and to put some light into perspective, Prophet Valen, is at least 25000 years old. So Draenei can be old, for all you know during children's week, that Draenei orphan you have could be older than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I remember how the beginnin of jade forest in MoP made me sad for my character when cho says "...You've seen a lifetime of warfare, haven't you?".
    Same here! I was initially confused since I figured it hadn't been that long, but considering the timeframe our characters have seen enough to last MANY lifetimes...

That's how monarchies work.

My dude is about 2000 years old at this point.

Because even the millenia old characters like Velen, Tyrande or Malfurion behave more like teenagers than he does and the writers dislike dwarves, gnomes and pandaren. That leaves us with Anduin, Jaina and Genn as the only Alliance characters that they're willing to write about.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hereditary-succession is a blessing and a curse... Make Bolvar relevant again, jeez
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Birthright.
    The reason why some real-life kings were ruling their kingdom and participating in battle as young as 16.