Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, judging from personal experiences:

The guild I spent my whole Legion in, raiding, pvping etc. Disbanded not long into BFA because people grew bored too fast.

I found a new guild, and cleared HC Uldir + some Mythic bosses, then that guild disbanded aswell, because people quite because of nothing to really do, except farm m+ and hope for the right Azerite in your weekly cache.

So I stopped raiding, and started PvPing, got to 2k rating, had a ton of fun, got some new friends etc. Then all my friends who I have played this game with since between Vanilla and Cataclysm quit one by one. I see them log in every now and then, just to log out.

And a week ago I my self quit, for the first time since 2004 I actually unsubbed to the game. I've been through pretty much everything this game has trown at me, and I've sucked it up, gone play something else while there was content droughts etc. But never have I actually unsubbed to it, as the money have never really been a problem.

So judging fromt he fact that TWO rather big raiding guilds disbanded before the first tier was even done, they didn't even bother with Mythic, which most HC guilds do. And all my long time friends quit one by one. Ye, BFA was one huge mistake.

Will resub next patch and check it out for sure, this game is in my blood and have always been. But at the moment it just feels.. off.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Well, judging from personal experiences:

The guild I spent my whole Legion in, raiding, pvping etc. Disbanded not long into BFA because people grew bored too fast.

I found a new guild, and cleared HC Uldir + some Mythic bosses, then that guild disbanded aswell, because people quite because of nothing to really do, except farm m+ and hope for the right Azerite in your weekly cache.

So I stopped raiding, and started PvPing, got to 2k rating, had a ton of fun, got some new friends etc. Then all my friends who I have played this game with since between Vanilla and Cataclysm quit one by one. I see them log in every now and then, just to log out.

And a week ago I my self quit, for the first time since 2004 I actually unsubbed to the game. I've been through pretty much everything this game has trown at me, and I've sucked it up, gone play something else while there was content droughts etc. But never have I actually unsubbed to it, as the money have never really been a problem.

So judging fromt he fact that TWO rather big raiding guilds disbanded before the first tier was even done, they didn't even bother with Mythic, which most HC guilds do. And all my long time friends quit one by one. Ye, BFA was one huge mistake.

Will resub next patch and check it out for sure, this game is in my blood and have always been. But at the moment it just feels.. off.
    Yeah I agree! Though I was unsubbed for quite some time in WoD, I have been active sub ever since wow launched. Even when I wasnt playing I kept my sub.

Now? I unsubbed and even uninstalled the whole game. I have 4 lvl 120 already in BfA, and I normally MAYBE have 2 chars at max lvl this early on in a xpac.

Theres lots of stuff in the game, but everything feels cheap and hollow. THeres no depth to it. Quickly consumed in-out content, shell of game.

I think you'll run out of content in any expansion launch if you play as much as he or other WoW streamers do. Not to mention, we're in between a major patch and a new Raid. As far as I can remember this down time has always occurred during these periods.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntearth View Post
    I think you'll run out of content in any expansion launch if you play as much as he or other WoW streamers do. Not to mention, we're in between a major patch and a new Raid. As far as I can remember this down time has always occurred during these periods.
    The downtime started two months ago and there are still roughly two months of downtime left.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    To be fair asmongold has a huge following that's donated a ton of ingame ( an outgame ) shit to him, Someone in that seat will be able to beat any vast content game easy. It's not like he did all that stuff himself, Hell, One of his viewers bought his 5 million mount. A lot of his rares are donated so the users can get a 5 min spotlight of fame ( Sad weak-minders ) I mean if he was like me and gained 99.2% the games item/mount content solo then okay, But lets face it, He will never be that good. If Asmongold read this, Hello "Bud" yeah its me that guy that keeps raping you in pvp. Wanna do another 1 million duel? Easy money.
    This.

-It's not hard to beat the game near 100% when your viewers willingly give you all the stuff like fucking sheeps.
    -Buying a mount off the BMAH for cap must be so hard when you ask for gold in front of 30k people.
    -He asked the stream to be at Timeless Isle so he can realm hop and kill Huolon every few minutes. Hard stuff.
    -Begging for GMs to send him unobtainable items from 10 years ago (WOTLK Scourge Invasion) just because he's Asmongold and he streams. And that stupid GM actually mailed him all the stuff. /Meanwhile a friend of mine still struggles with Customer Support not wanting to mail him his WOD elite set despite he has the achievement for that season/

Also how come he judges anyone's transmog / mount collections in his show offs? Those other people worked and farmed hard to get the pieces they wanted. Asmongold did what exactly to get 100%? Put up a group in finder and invited 24 of the same armor type and leeched them off. "Can I get that?" Fucking rat.

As for his claim on doing high end content ... LOL! For raids, he only invites people who have high ilvl / already cleared the content. For M+ he also only invites people who have high ilvl / rio. For arena he's basically getting carried to glad by Blizzcon players.

He hasn't worked towards anything in years.

The game is only "shallow, dull, meaningless, and not fun" (his words) if 30k other people play the game for you. Of course it doesn't feel rewarding when you get everything for free and zero work. Plenty of stuff to do even in BfA. Yes, the game has some major flaws but it's nowhere near unplayable. Or just take a break and come back later.

This guy is a joke and the very definition of leech. He's afraid because he knows WoW is the only game he's somewhat successful at because of his braindead viewers. Any other game he will just bleed out cuz he's a mediocre piece of garbo. Hope he and his incel viewers stay the fuck away from Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    This.

-It's not hard to beat the game near 100% when your viewers willingly give you all the stuff like fucking sheeps.
    -Buying a mount off the BMAH for cap must be so hard when you ask for gold in front of 30k people.
    -He asked the stream to be at Timeless Isle so he can realm hop and kill Huolon every few minutes. Hard stuff.
    -Begging for GMs to send him unobtainable items from 10 years ago (WOTLK Scourge Invasion) just because he's Asmongold and he streams. And that stupid GM actually mailed him all the stuff. /Meanwhile a friend of mine still struggles with Customer Support not wanting to mail him his WOD elite set despite he has the achievement for that season/

Also how come he judges anyone's transmog / mount collections in his show offs? Those other people worked and farmed hard to get the pieces they wanted. Asmongold did what exactly to get 100%? Put up a group in finder and invited 24 of the same armor type and leeched them off. "Can I get that?" Fucking rat.

As for his claim on doing high end content ... LOL! For raids, he only invites people who have high ilvl / already cleared the content. For M+ he also only invites people who have high ilvl / rio. For arena he's basically getting carried to glad by Blizzcon players.

He hasn't worked towards anything in years.

The game is only "shallow, dull, meaningless, and not fun" (his words) if 30k other people play the game for you. Of course it doesn't feel rewarding when you get everything for free and zero work. Plenty of stuff to do even in BfA. Yes, the game has some major flaws but it's nowhere near unplayable. Or just take a break and come back later.

This guy is a joke and the very definition of leech. He's afraid because he knows WoW is the only game he's somewhat successful at because of his braindead viewers. Any other game he will just bleed out cuz he's a mediocre piece of garbo. Hope he and his incel viewers stay the fuck away from Classic.
    I agree with the first part. As an (ex?) achieve hunter and collector I stopped taking him seriously in that regards when he started to leech stuff from the viewers. Also knowing how privileged people can cheat the system made me less willing to farm stuff, because there's no point if some people can just cheat their way into it. He lost all his credibility that minute, but at the same time I do think the game is incredibly shallow and lackluster right now, and not even the new patch sparks excitement in me.

I wonder how other collectors cope with this btw.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-11-27 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walross View Post
    You're right. I couldn't even play it for a few hours before almost dying of boredom.
    That's because it's not meant to be played in short spurts of instant gratification. You have to approach it more like an MMO, with end-game progression and everything. It would be like sitting down to WoW and only playing it a few hours and giving up. You wouldn't even see 99% of what the game had to offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sounds like Asmongold is finally admitting what most of us probably realized with his views a few months ago.

He's just burned out on WoW after X Years.
    Why do people always troll out this excuse? Stop defending WoW. Right now the game is shit. It's not people getting burned out with the game. It's the game having been drained of anything worthwhile.

1) Well, most of his viewers are not watching him for his WoW content, so of course they are not going to be interested in him streaming that.
    2) He and McCuck racks down on WoW 24/7 on his stream. Since his viewers are mostly braindead sheep, they'll start thinking the same thing just because he thinks so.

And no, I don't think WoW is fun myself, I barely play myself anymore either. But you can't just look at numbers or what the viewers of a streamer like Asmon thinks and not think about why they think that way.

lol, Asmongold. The fact this thread made it past a page is what's wrong with the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Metta World Peace View Post
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually enjoyed WoD way more than BfA.

And I thought Ashran was the biggest game design blunder.... The island expedition completely takes that crown.
    WOD was the anti-version of BFA.

WOD was notorious for its lack of content, but the class design was solid and made things bearable to a certain extend.

BFA is the other way around, class design is an absolute 0/10 and game content is.... good, but somewhat bad, depends.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Right now the game is shit. It's not people getting burned out with the game. It's the game having been drained of anything worthwhile.
    This guy gets it.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-11-27 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    WOD was notorious for its lack of content, but the class design was solid and made things bearable to a certain extend.
    Due pruning, i wouldn't call it solid, but they still tried to give each spec a (slightly) spin.

Whereas BfA's mentality was "the only type of change you get is removal."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true. The only reason I'm thinking of playing the game again is because of the BE heritage armor and then un-sub again... Don't know if BfA is worse than WoD, but that's what it feels like.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Due pruning, i wouldn't call it solid, but they still tried to give each spec a (slightly) spin.
    It was ok when classes started to get pruned in WOD, it was fine.... we had a good amount of spells and some spells were just dead to us.

But.... 2 more expansions later and still losing stuff, it's not okay anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Took you 31 pages to come up with that comeback? Really?

Btw, since he hates wow, if he COULD play another game or "just chat" and do fine, then why hasn't he? Not rocket science on the answer there fam.
    I'm not the OP.. lmao. You're so salty it's hilarious.

I can sympathize with Asmongold. I've felt pretty disconnected from WoW since BfA's launch, and none of the endgame content really grabs my attention (hell, I didn't hit 120 on my main before today, and I still don't have any motivation to engage in it). It's a pretty shitty feeling, all things considered.

He seems to be doing well enough without WoW, though. Hope he'll have a better time playing other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    He is 100% correct.

WoD is better than BFA and i am not meming about it.
    Its honestly possible.

WoD had little new content, but the systems in place were at least functional, the new features worked as intended (mostly).

Whereas BFA has a lot of content in the form of zones and new features, but the majority of those new features are messes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Whats worse than annoying streamers? Annoying fanboys who must bring the streamer up and defend the streamer at every thread.
    Ah, actually I deeply hate asmongold. I can't even watch his twitch clips for more than 5 minutes without getting irritated... But I still agree that BfA is horseshit...
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    He won't stop streaming wow, because otherwise he will have to leave his mothers basement and get a real job. Can't have that.
    Don't be jealous, plus he has enough cash to buy houses the money he earns make people who work look like plebs.

On topic however i think its right Path of Exile stream might go well, or some Darksouls play through, WOW still always be something he does and should be until Activision kill it but Beta for Azerite has greatly killed much of the passion, Legion had systems that killed players enjoyment and they doubled down on it, so its worthless to spend hours playing a game why not wait a week and gain a better advantage, and by that point why play at all?
    If you are good enough to pug with followers through raid content get the mounts and get out, there is nothing else left.

I don't even bother doing that much i'll pickup the mounts from raids later its no biggie, they made a massive mistake not Removing Ulduar achievement drakes when the forums cried like little bitches who want everything, mean while glad mounts stay in the game.. nothing for PVE focus gets to stay because people are whiny and entitled and the current game is entitlement just for them, and now its meaningless to anyone who wants to achieve something.

Nobody wants a carrot to chase the whole expansion tied to character power besides gearing, Gearing is enough of a carrot it had been before artifact power, a great system for players who have completed to have more to do ingame is ALTS and if they were treated right they'd offer more people the means to understand the game from a different point of view which makes you better as a person.

If you have never really healed or tanked before and just been a dps you don't understand most of what happens in a fight and can't react to others because of it, and there should be some kind of reward for playing many roles during an expansion, more pve only mounts, more removed from game pve mounts along side the gladiator mounts, because they're never going to be opened up to the rest of the population.

It'd be great to see things scaled back to a TBC style, i don't mind gear catch up methods once, or twice an expansion but have it scale with how long the expansion is out, if we are cycling through expansions every 2 years we don't need free gear to get us into X/Y/Z raid 4 times during the expansion, do it twice, 6-8 months and 6-8 months from then, do it only once if the expansion is only going to last under 2 years etc.

Make it so you do have to go through old raids to gear up, limit titanforging to heroic levels and give back progression of character to people!
    we've so many shiny distractions like warfronts and warmode but its just a distraction it doesn't address the core issues.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I personally have never gotten bored of an expansion so fast this is like 8 months into hellfire citadel for me nothing worth doing at all except login for raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Metta World Peace View Post
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually enjoyed WoD way more than BfA.

And I thought Ashran was the biggest game design blunder.... The island expedition completely takes that crown.
    I preferred wod over BFA and legion, but I play(ed) the game to raid and do some dungeons on the side.

WoD only lacked outdoor content since the outdoor reward structure was all funneled through garrisons, which then took the form of world quests in these last 2 xpacs. I don't know about others, but I've never had a desire to do world quests or dailies. If they were more interesting maybe I wouldn't mind them, but they've always felt like a chore to me.

I liked challenge modes, I was sad to see them go. M+ is a positive thing, but you really need to enjoy playing your class to want to grind or push dungeons...

And that's the biggest issue with legion onward for me, class design. I don't enjoy playing my class, no other classes fill that void for me. The reward structure hinges on azerite gear, and its not an enjoyable system for me. The premise isn't the problem, its the execution.

And if I'm not enjoying the thing I experience the entire game through, its really hard to enjoy the game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.