Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there a bigger game for you than WoW?

Used to play console in the 90s, WoW felt like an anomaly, for its quality and how huge it was, literaly 300 times a big console game / JRPG.

I don't know PC games much, maybe there's others games like this, maybe another mmo like dark age of camelot, everquest, or a shooter, maybe there's big things going on in them too ?

Very interested to know if I'm missing something big outside WoW.

and especially since online games tend to change or even shut down in the worst cases.

depends on what you define as..."Big"

Dark Souls Series could be considered pretty huge these days or the very big E-Sports scene... hell even Street Fighter which has been going on consistently for almost 30 years now has a fairly large and consistent following...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. I have yet to find a game with as much enjoyable content as WoW. Otherwise I'd have quit for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    define big : for me big means something not to miss, a good game, a game that can change your life, that makes you addicted and play all day for a long time, basically something like wow but not wow

Deleted
    Fortnite, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, League of Legends, Minecraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Used to play console in the 90s, WoW felt like an anomaly, for its quality and how huge it was, literaly 300 times a big console game / JRPG.

I don't know PC games much, maybe there's others games like this, maybe another mmo like dark age of camelot, everquest, or a shooter, maybe there's big things going on in them too ?

Very interested to know if I'm missing something big outside WoW.

and especially since online games tend to change or even shut down in the worst cases.
    Do you mean big in a literal sense, as in, the sheer size and scope of the world?

There's plenty of games that are big, but these aren't always JUST on PC, consoles are pretty powerful in their own right, but PC does give a better gaming experience.

Dying Light is pretty big I guess, ARK: Survival Evolved is huge, GTA V is too, although the latter two of these are very much a case of only being fun for a short amount of time. If you want to find games on PC that are huge and have things to do, it would be quicker to narrow your search down to open world games, they tend to have the most physical area to cover, and in some cases, provide a lot of content. Don't be fooled by some of these "huge" games though, they like to look big, but after a while you notice there is hardly any content to fill it with.

I try to mix my gaming up, I don't play WoW atm, I'm done with BFA as it stands currently. I do however, play things like Overwatch for a quick burst of brainless shooting, then I may go on Two Point Hospital or Prison Architect, something that requires a little more thought and planning. Then I may jump on Destiny 2 for a bit more of a story mixed in with my shooting. There are other games I play, I have around 80 games on my steam list, haven't played them all, I just like having them there in case I get bored of what I'm playing.

It very much depends on what you like to do, or what genre you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher 3 is so good that it singlehandedly destroyed my interest for open world RPGs, much like wow destroyed my interest in other MMOs. Try that.

All my games are bigger then wow atm.

Warhammer total war 2
    Pathfinder: kingmaker
    Stellaris
    Alien Isolation
    Vermintide 2
    Xcom 2

etc etc wow is boring as fuck atm.
    Do you hear the voices too?

For every 2 hours I play WoW I play 8 hours of Overwatch on PC and 4 hours of Persona 5 on ps4.
    Those are my main games among with Darkest Dungeon and Heroes of the Storm.

Plenty, WoW is on maintenance mode for me and I'll prob hold onto a token until 8.1 comes out. The most I'm doing is leveling another character.

ATM putting far more time in Overwatch, MTGA, PoE, and some HoTS when my buds are online. Doing another play through of Darkest Dungeon and Halcyon 6. Kind of itching to getting another game like Ancestors Legacy or Thronebreaker.
    Last edited by kail; 2018-11-28 at 11:08 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post

Warhammer total war 2
    Good call. Have all the expansions etc. at the moment, and the Mortal Empires campaign is insanely fun.

Deleted
    I havn't played WoW since BO4 came out.

I havn't played the series since MW3, so I'm having a lot of fun coming back..

That being said, I understand that the game is kinda niche and not for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Metal Gear franchise, for me. Loved it long before WoW ever released.

Let's just say that there are a few game that I consider to be better than WoW but there's none that makes such an impact on my life as much as WoW. In that sense, I don't think you will find a bigger game than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The Witcher 3 is so good that it singlehandedly destroyed my interest for open world RPGs, much like wow destroyed my interest in other MMOs. Try that.
    witcher 3 was insane for its sense of immersion. the world was so on point, legitimate props to the developers. This is coming from someone who detests western/open world rpgs.

as for wow, the game ruined the genre in general - not for me specifically. Just due to everyone trying to emulate its theme park/success somehow not grasping that much of it came from the IP it was based around.

EQ for me. That was literally life changing. Immersive. Gargantuan. Relationship building.

I play other games to the side such as AC Odyssey at the moment or Witcher 3 previously. But WoW is the main thing, even it if has ups and downs.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Stopped playing WoW with BfA. Wasn't a fan of Legion, and BfA is nearly identical to it...

To ensure I didn't return I AH'd everything on the cheap, vendored everything else, used up my millions of gold capping out on B.net Balance (€250) with WoW Tokens, deleted my characters minus one which has capped out WoW Tokens and plenty of gold to spare to buy whatever off Blizzard for "free".

So, pretty much anything now.

Playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War (2018) atm on the PS4.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-11-28 at 12:16 PM.

Sadly (?) nothing will ever beat WoW in what an impact it has had on my life with all the hours of endless fun and friends made over the years. Nothing.

I do however play PUBG, Dos2, rdr2 and some minigames like golfing with friends etc when drunk on disc with buddies etc.

Final fantasy 14 is probably the biggest MMO outside of WoW atm. With how bad bfa turned out I gave it another try and I am addicted like I was when I first started WoW. I cant say its for everyone though I know a lot of people get turned off by the very animeish art style but the gameplay is very close to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothin is even remotely close to wow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..