Thread: DH Ranged

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DH Ranged

why does DH have a ranged interrupt on a short CD again?

DH has the same cd as most melee kicks

Hance kick is a short cd, farther range irc.
    Feral has a ranged kick that is a gap closer aswell AND has a longer range then dh irc
    DK has a ranged kick.

quit your crying and play better. Aside from mana rift atm. DH is fine.
    Last edited by lolskillzz; 2018-11-26 at 04:44 PM.

Half the melee classes have it at this point and if i'm not wrong I believe DH has the worst one out of those as it's 10 yards vs dk 15, feral 15 with charge and shaman 20 with shorter cooldown.

Personally the only interupts I really hate are shaman and rogue, super short cooldown range interupt and 5 sec lockout are both really annoying.

Deleted
    interupts shouldnt matter if you are able to fake cast

OK so in fact DH has the shortest range with 10yrd while DK has 15 and Feral same or longer that is also a gap closer?

The issue is then not why DH has a ranged interrupt, rather why do melee have ranged interrupts?

Edit: Indeed Shaman/enh 30yrd interrupt is another strange one

10+ Year Old Account
    they have it because reasons.

Let's move on

10+ Year Old Account
    Was saying this in legion but there's still no reason for the stickiest class in the game to have a range kick. God forbid they have to use one of their many gapclosers to get in range to interrupt.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-11-27 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Yeah, self CC against a team with 3 interrupts (or more) is totally a legit strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Because it's Blizzard's new Hero Class so they want them to be OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Yeah, self CC against a team with 3 interrupts (or more) is totally a legit strat.
    If your make or break in the arena scene is based on classes having ranged interupts and you cant fake cast or bait them out then thats YOUR problem....

It's part of the strat to bait out interupts early so you can cast later or fake them so please dont sit there being sarcastic when the fact is if you cant fake cast in arena then you need to improve and play better around your teams CC and your own...

If you need to get a cast off and only 1 person has an interupt left they can cast on you then ask for that person to be CC'd so you can get a cast... your fault no one elses

If your make or break in the arena scene is based on classes having ranged interupts and you cant fake cast or bait them out then thats YOUR problem....

It's part of the strat to bait out interupts early so you can cast later or fake them so please dont sit there being sarcastic when the fact is if you cant fake cast in arena then you need to improve and play better around your teams CC and your own...

If you need to get a cast off and only 1 person has an interupt left they can cast on you then ask for that person to be CC'd so you can get a cast... your fault no one elses
    Is not better to actually NEVER fake cast inside arena as DPS? This way the healer gets to cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Half the melee classes have it at this point and if i'm not wrong I believe DH has the worst one out of those as it's 10 yards vs dk 15, feral 15 with charge and shaman 20 with shorter cooldown.
    DH is the only one that grants resource on a sucessful interrupt.
    Especially for a high mobility class, the 10 yard range is just an icing on the cake, as Paladin / Warrior / Rogue / SV Hunter interrupt is still Melee range.

Kinda stupid as DH's also have a single Target and AoE stun.
    As soon as you start to fake cast, most DH's just go "fuck this shit" and use the stuns to interrupt casts.

Is not better to actually NEVER fake cast inside arena as DPS? This way the healer gets to cast?
    Not really, the point of fake casting is to bait out an interrupt that doesn't do anything.

If your Healer is under pressure, you cast a CC to take out some damage, if you fake cast the CC spell, enemy falls for it, you gained something.
    If you get interrupted, you just made the enemy use an interrupt, but the enemy is still bashing your healer.

Obviously, that might be still better than interrupting your healer, but still not the best result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Because it's Blizzard's new Hero Class so they want them to be OP.
    So whats your excuse for the other melee with better ranged kicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    DK's are slow as fuck and Feral's Skull Bash is basically a reference to Feral Charge, which used to be a Feral Druid talent which was a combo of Charge and Interrupt.

And that ignores that DH's interrupt generates a resource.

It's to fit the retarded glaive throwing, the ranged stun, the ranged mana burn, the no gcd dash and the ranged imprisonment. And edgebeam.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Those melees are not OP in every aspect of the game.

Deleted
    Depends on what healer your playing with and what school of spell you are casting, your HP as a DPS, your setups etc... i play shadowpriest also in arena and i will hard cast spells to bait out interupts but i wont cast if i am around 40% hp because if you get caught on cast you cant disperse etc....

So its a situation thing to do but it is really helpful as a mage to be spamming polys etc because its not a huge setback if you get interupted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    DH is the only one that grants resource on a sucessful interrupt.
    Especially for a high mobility class, the 10 yard range is just an icing on the cake, as Paladin / Warrior / Rogue / SV Hunter interrupt is still Melee range.

Kinda stupid as DH's also have a single Target and AoE stun.
    As soon as you start to fake cast, most DH's just go "fuck this shit" and use the stuns to interrupt casts.

ae stun have also monks and shaman.
    st stuns have dk, pala, feral, rogue, hunter for free DH has to choose between slow and stun every other melee has free slow.

The mobility from dh is less than monk and also less than some rogue specs.
    Monk makes the whole grp snare immun has a 90% slow, MS
    Rogue has more cc than 2 other classes bring on the table, plus ms, and endless grp suport

You can play Dh in less combs than a lot other melees.
    The only op comb is DH Moonkin but op is the mooni not the dh in this comb.

Dh is fine in Bfa he was more skill full to play in legion and makes more fun in legion. But in Bfa he isnt op.
    Look over all classes in 2s and 3 s higher than 2,1k and you will see which classes are the op ones....

2 vs 2 stat
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=2v2&faction=

3vs3 stat
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

so pls cry more about rogues, priests, shaman, palas, druids, mages, warrior and hunter. All this 8 classes are more viable in high bracket arena. The only 3 classes under DH are locks, monks and dk. And all 3 classes get buffs with 8.1 and Dh gets some nerfs to furycosts and some range nerfs so cry less pls.

the best melee spec atm is assa rogue over both brackets so what you want.
    The only reason you cry about DH is because it is the new class in the game and thats all.
    Last edited by mmoc4c7c183171; 2018-12-04 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only class with a short cd interupt is shaman, every other melee has 15sec cd.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Liondi View Post
    ae stun have also monks and shaman.
    Any player worth their salt are able to counter Capacitator unless CC'd.

st stuns have dk, pala, feral, rogue, hunter for free DH has to choose between slow and stun every other melee has free slow.
    Tell me how Ret Pally slow is free or has permanent uptime or is overall not a total joke as it is easily dispellable.

Or you just play with someone that can slow, which as you established, you have a plethora of options.
    If i want someone that gives me mobility (or one that brings the target to me) the options shrink by a considerable amount.

The mobility from dh is less than monk and also less than some rogue specs.
    Rogue has more mobility than DH? Unless you can constantly root the DH, that's just wrong.

Rogue has more cc than 2 other classes bring on the table, plus ms, and endless grp suport
    By "endless" you mean Smoke bomb?

And by the way, Darkness w/ Cover of Darkness saves anyones ass as they avoid 70% of all incoming damage.
    And it's pretty easy to drop because DH are pretty good at getting from A to B rather quickly.

The only reason you cry about DH is because it is the new class in the game and thats all.
    Or because they are actually a one man army.

Ever tried to kill a DH?
    Oh wait, Blur is on a 1 minute CD, even if that is on CD they still got an immunity on a 2min CD.
    And if both of those are on CD, you just use Darkness for yourself.

And thanks to #classfantasy (and Warcraft 3) they're the only class that has a mana burn effect, something that was luckily removed back in Cata / MoP because it was absolutely no fun to play against comps that can easily play the mana game as alternate win condition.

To set the mana burn up would actually be a problem if DH's didn't have a stun, but oh wait...

No idea how these graphs are generated, here you one where DH's are 2nd best Melee, behind Assa, in 3v3 +2,2k

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp...v3/2200-rating

Also, DH's are basically mandatory in RBG, because stealth scouting, being immortal in teamfights, being able to switch to any position without issue and so forth.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-12-04 at 04:32 PM.