Poll: Which DNA Test would you do or have you done?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: DNA Testing

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DNA Testing

What's your experience, have you taken one, and if so what were your results?

Which one did you do?

Were the results what you expected?

Our experience

Me and my girlfriend decided to do the 23 and Me DNA test, we both thought it would be fun, but we were both pretty damn sure we knew what our results would be.

However when the results came back we got a bit of a surprise mine came abt 56% European with a majority 30% for me being English 20% being german and some scandinavian after that, 41% Sub Saharan African, 17% West African Nigerian and 23% Cameroon Congo and some Iberian, the rest was some Native American 2% and the rest grey and unknown.

My girlfriends on the other hand when I read it to her showed something startling. Startling because her Father is Greek and Italian, we know this because he took the test too some time back, he is mostly European and Iberian, Her Mom is mostly European mainly Polish and Scandinavian, and like 20% Ashkenazi Jewish. The rest she also go some American Native American like 4% ish.

However she got NO Greek or Italian and her father is almost 50%.

After I read she thought the test could be wrong, and I honestly didn't know what the hell to tell her, I didn't think so, I told her we could do another test and I said this was mostly for entertainment purposes, but the only other explanation I could come up with I DID NOT tell her, which is it is probably likely her father isn't her father.

She was in tears a bit but I tried to calm her down by saying we could do another one, I am thinking FamilyTreeDNA Where they can trace her Mitochondria DNA and we could even get her Older Brother to do a Y DNA one from the same company, and probably get some better results.

So since they are doing a special we are going to do that, and so far she seems to be alright, maybe it was just a mistake.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-11-29 at 02:30 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Wew, sounds like some explaining might be necessary.

Is this a normal thing to do where you live? I've never heard of that shit before (except for that South Park episode).

Damn, you're a super mutt!

How much Neanderthal DNA do you have? They are supposed to have that on their test now.

I myself havent taken one but my dad did and i found out he was 30 percent Scandinavian, 28 British, Scottish/Irish and he had 2 percent Portuguese which was a surprise.

Its no surprised that he has alot of Scandinavian seeing what they did during the early invasions and the fact they nearly conquered Britain.

I really am thinking about doing one myself to see where i stand but seeing how my mom is just as British as my Dad i doubt the results will shock me that much and that i expect to see more Irish than my dad seeing how my nan was from Northern Ireland.

DNA tests r a waste of time and money. It’s not like ur life is going to change in any meaningful way.

Unless ur Elizabeth warren, she set herself on fire with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wew, sounds like some explaining might be necessary.
    From what I get, basically his GF's father is not actually her father.

Other: I'd do one out of for curiosity if I knew whoever did it and it was free. I really don't trust those websites, nor care enough to pay anyone to tell me, especially given how well-documented my family history already is, so I really wouldn't learn anything knew except perhaps that some ancestor had exotic tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    From what I get, basically his GF's father is not actually her father.
    I meant that she should probably talk to her parents about that test if this is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I did AncestryDNA. I can’t remember the exact results, but majority was Scottish and Irish, with Gypsy (something), Nordic (area) and East Asian, with a small percentage of Native American.
    So your ancestors was pretty much Irish immigrants and with the Nordic influence that could mean when the Vikings tried to take over they gave you some of there DNA as for the rest well clearly your Ancestors bred with the locals seeing as you are American. You say East Asian? Well that could mean you might be a offshoot of Genghis Khan who pretty much gave birth to most of the area of East Asia! https://www.nature.com/news/genghis-...tition-1.16767

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    None, I just go by genealogy and family records.

My biological father was from Northern Ireland and my mom and her family from Wales. I know their respective last names and have done the legwork of genealogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you take a genetic test. What happens to that information? Rumor has it they sell your information. Who do they sell it to? Your employer, insurance companies, maybe even the government.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

What's your experience, have you taken one, and if so what were your results?

Which one did you do?

Were the results what you expected?

Our experience

Me and my girlfriend decided to do the 23 and Me DNA test, we both thought it would be fun, but we were both pretty damn sure we knew what our results would be.

However when the results came back we got a bit of a surprise mine came abt 56% European with a majority 30% for me being English 20% being german and some scandinavian after that, 41% Sub Saharan African, 17% West African Nigerian and 23% Cameroon Congo and some Iberian, the rest was some Native American 2% and the rest grey and unknown.

My girlfriends on the other hand when I read it to her showed something startling. Startling because her Father is Greek and Italian, we know this because he took the test too some time back, he is mostly European and Iberian, Her Mom is mostly European mainly Polish and Scandinavian, and like 20% Ashkenazi Jewish. The rest she also go some American Native American like 4% ish.

After I read she thought the test could be wrong, and I honestly didn't know what the hell to tell her, I didn't think so, I told her we could do another test and I said this was mostly for entertainment purposes, but the only other explanation I could come up with I DID NOT tell her, which is it is probably likely her father isn't her father.

She was in tears a bit but I tried to calm her down by saying we could do another one, I am thinking FamilyTreeDNA Where they can trace her Mitochondria DNA and we could even get her Older Brother to do a Y DNA one from the same company, and probably get some better results.

So since they are doing a special we are going to do that, and so far she seems to be alright, maybe it was just a mistake.
    Most of these tests border on being scams for people who are essentially the holistic medicine supporters of real science.
    Someone sent dog blood into one of these places and they didn't know the difference, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well is she made of glass that you didn't tell her? It is not like she is stupid and didn't think about it because she was crying, but avoiding saying this does achieve anything?

On topic: I wouldn't do that test since I have better things to spend money on, instead to check how Jewish I'm ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Most of these tests border on being scams for people who are essentially the holistic medicine supporters of real science.
    Someone sent dog blood into one of these places and they didn't know the difference, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Feels like life I live in xD So many things are a scam this days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Do an mtDNA test if you want the real shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well is she made of glass that you didn't tell her? It is not like she is stupid and didn't think about it because she was crying, but avoiding saying this does achieve anything?

On topic: I wouldn't do that test since I have better things to spend money on, instead to check how Jewish I'm ...
    Well neither of us were concerned with her being jewish at all the question was where was her fathers DNA and why it wasn't showing up. She isn't made of glass, but before I tell her what I think I am certain of which is her father isn't her father, I rather wait to have something to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They weren’t Irish immigrants. My mum was born and raised in Scotland, then married my American father when he went overseas. Her side of the family still live in Scotland. The Native American comes from my dad.
    Ah i c

The thing with that test is that it lumps Irish and Scottish both together and seeing how there was a massive Irish immigration to the states during the 19th Century i just put 2 and 2 together and i see i was wrong.

Myself my Grandfather was Scottish and i have alot of Scottish aunts and uncles so we both have alot in common plus iam British who lives in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How much Neanderthal DNA do you have? They are supposed to have that on their test now.
    I had less than my GF don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but she had more, Honestly I didn't think I had any Neanderthal DNA, and I thought I was more African than I got since I have permanently tan skin

Well neither of us were concerned with her being jewish at all
    I just responded to my choice in pool (I would never do one. Why? (Write in comment section below)). Not that I would be concerned about being Jewish, I just believe it would be a waste of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.