Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Serious question about ganking low level players

Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.

They made the choice to turn warmode on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your fun is coming from making other people mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Every online game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking lowbies has been around forever but it's frowned upon by most. Mostly just weak ass pvpers beat on lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    Well now that people can turn off pvp at will, there's no reason to cry. But back when it wasn't possible, it was lame as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Well now that people can turn off pvp at will, there's no reason to cry. But back when it wasn't possible, it was lame as fuck.
    ^So true, when I see flagged lowbies I always suggest they turn it off till max level assuming if they can handled being dry humped by weirdos with lowbie ganking fetishes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ganking is a dick move, especially when it's repeated. Killing a low-level player once, laughing at them, and moving on to something else? Fine, I guess. You showed 'em who's boss. Good for you. Harassing them for several minutes while they're just trying to level and finish some quests? You're a dick. You really don't have anything better to do than impede someone else's progress? Someone that doesn't even pose a threat to you? A lot of people, including myself, use warmode for the bonuses, or to fight other players that are in my level range (you know, so there's actually some measure of challenge to questing alongside the opposite faction). So no, it's not just a "if it's red, it's dead" thing. Ganking has been, and always will be an asshole's game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

Serious question to OP, but do you happen to have or desire to have a huge truck at least 3 feet off the ground and how many guns do you have? You're doing the equivalent of going to a park and punching 10 year olds when they're on the swings. (not the actual act of committing a crime but rather the act of picking on someone that clearly is not able to defend themselves)

Granted, yes it's now warmode enabled so you can try to make some bullshit excuse of "well they're asking for it" to justify yourself. People use it because only an idiot would refuse the extra 10% exp boost when Blizzard fucked up the leveling process yet again, not so they can dangle themselves in front of you like a t-bone steak to a pitbull.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ganking lowbies has been around forever but it's frowned upon by most. Mostly just weak ass pvpers beat on lowbies.
    I hate ganking as well and see no sport in it... but ever since Warmode, being a target is a conscious personal choice for profit. Assumption of risk or something.

Hey guys,

You're not doing anything wrong.

You're allowed to gank.

They are allowed to get hissy fits if they want. But it's not your problem so just ignore them.

It's a free world. End of story.

Hey guys,

I would like to start by thanking you for doing such. You are promoting faction wars in the world which is what makes the game nice for PVPers. Blizzard should pay your subscription fee for doing that while being a rare alliance member.

Ganks happen, camping sucks but also happens. I don't understand the rage though. In Legion when I could turn on same faction PVP at those Warden towers I got SO many people PMing me that I "gave them panic attacks" or that they hope something awful happens to me.

and I'm just like, turn pvp off if you can't handle it.
    /shrug
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Ganking is fine but when you constantly repeating killing same person over over is like an asshole bully move, you know you could pick someone on your own size (level). Anyway, it's their fault to turn on warmode on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Slash thread.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

since there is no actual negative effect to dying in WoW then I dont see a point ganking lowbies. I kos in games like Dayz because it actually might ruin someones night.

its way better now. Those who wish can turn it on or off at own risk. On? Enjoy that % bonus, but be ready to get killed at any moment. Thats how it is and should be between alliance & horde.

Especially now when people can turn it off.

Before warmode you were at your opposite factions mercy at all time. Popular zones were often packed with the enemy faction and it could be unable to do fuck all.

A Hero

Hey guys,

You are a real hero. I salute you.
    Kicking the shit out of lowbies, man your parents must be proud of you.

Maybe they turn on Warmode for faster leveling or fighting with oponents of their level.
    Not with a wannebe hero,

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically ganking is making people more miserable than you are.

So yeah.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Basically ganking is making people more miserable than you are.

So yeah.
    It's like in Rockstar games.

There's two kinds of people. The kind that sees a person and lassos them and runs them over with their horse, then leaves. And the kind that headshots you, waits next to your horse, then headshots you again, maybe a third time, then kills your horse and leaves.

One of those is just part of the game, the other is griefing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)