Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    To filter out the obvious WoW Hate in the OP.

8.1 contains the following:
    - A new warfront in Darkshore
    - A new system for targetting Azerite (it's basically Wakening Essence if you played in Legion)
    - A fifth Azerite Ring
    - Invasions in Kul'tiras and Zandalar

8.1.5 contains the following:
    - Battle of Dazar'alor
    - That new Stormsong Mini-Raid (Which will likely open later on)
    - Kul'tiran and Zandalari Allied Races

Decide from that when you want to return.
    Wrong:

1) first stage 8.1 (12. December) contains all fixes, Warfront, Isles, Invasions, vendors and campaign (this one will be timegated, I heard it will probably have 4 parts)

2) second stage of 8.1 (January) will contain new raid, seasons 2 of M+ and PVP and fifth azerite ring

3) 8.1.5 is separate thing: it will have all that they annouced on Blizzcon (including Zandalari/Kul Tiran) + likely Naga world quests (although they may start just before 8.2 when we'll go to Nazjatar), Crucible of Storms and questline leading to that raid. No idea when it will come out, my guess is March (and PTR 1-2 weeks after raid).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Remember when WoW was originally all about discovering new zones and playing with friends?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
    Nothing stops you from that. Just avoid sites discussing upcoming stuff from public testing. Or you rather want 0 public testing and even more bugs than in 8.0?
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-11-29 at 08:54 PM.

BFA really has been nothing but lackluster features paired with texture updates. 8.1 could've come out in October and it would've made no difference in the grand scheme of things. The raids are not tied to the patch cycle and are coming out on their intended dates regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    I'm not really sure what that has to with anything I posted. Disliking content doesn't mean I hate Blizzard. I was fully subbed for all of Legion also. Please don't bring fanboy bias to defend points. Many people are not satisfied with the expansion.
    How EXACTLY are people to make up their own mind whether they like an expansion or not if they dont try it? Or, are they just supposed to take YOUR word for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow, the white knights are out in force.
    How dare they have opinions that dont agree with yours, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be back when there's a new raid or zone and not before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice NEW account? Get banned often I assume?
    Talk about not being able to read... if you take the time to read you'd have noticed they've been here for 8 months.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    "I hate everything in the game right now, but if I can do it as a Zandalari troll then it's all fine".
    Yeah i've seen several of these posts. I don't get it. Zandalari would suddenly make everything OK to these people. It's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It must be awful to be this hateful of a person.
    The OP is right.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

But I never left? :Thinking:

Dont worry blizzard will fix it in 8.3, but srsly if the subs during the leaks were 1.7m i can only imagine how low it is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will probably be coming back for 8.2 dont really care for 8.1 seems to me like a giant no mans sky style patch, I wont tell people to stop playing and they should enjoy the game they play and I tend to agree with Az and that this patch wont really be wowing me anytime soon.

But no new allied race information is whats grinding my gears and I dont really care for Kul tirans and Zandalari and the story isnt really doing it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that logic forums should not exist...

The defense force is insane. You addicts simply jsut want an echo chamber and don't want to hear comments that contradict your views. Absolutely disgusting.
    This is where you lose all credibility. When your opinion is questioned you immediately yell WHITE KNIGHT!

You can not be taken seriously now. Just quit and take your unstable Blizzard hatred somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    speak for yourself

it's a good reminder not to jump on wow the minute it gets an update, but rather to wait perhaps a week or two so you aren't timegated.
    Then thank him for yourself and don't say this PSA is a good reminder, while bitching about me not speaking for myself.
    You know, practice what you preach, yadda yadda yadda.
    The jush is that everybody knows what they do with their subscription and their game time, this weird "hey let me remind you what's in store, despite all this info being on the MMO-C, Wowhead, and even there's gonna be patch notes... but let me paint them from my very own personal opinion"

...this is why you should read patch notes.

When 8.1 drops the raid will not be open. You will need to wait 4 weeks time after 8.1 comes out. You most likely need to progress the war campaign leading to the raid. Thus time gated.
    And then people will sub, log on the day raid opens and then come onto these forums and whine that they haven't been playing and thus can't do the raid yet. That's what'll happen.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Letting majority of you know what is exactly coming in 8.1.

8.1 addresses many issues with the community as terms of rewards goes but it doesn't really change too much if you dislike the content in general.

8.1 adds the following

-It adds Invasions from Legion that will be great for leveling characters but will mostly not reward anything too useful or give noteworthy rewards for geared players.

-It adds a Raid, that will be time gated for at least a month or 4 weeks time. And if most of you quit months ago you will mostly likely not be able to actually que for even a normal group due to the insane ilevel requirements. In reality you must find a guild or wait for raid finder. The new raid looks interesting but raiding was never the problem in BFA. Its the same problem WOD had. Good raiding but everything else suffered.

-It adds another Ring to Azerite armor and gives you more ways to acquire Azerite armor with a new currency system. This in "my opinion" is maybe the most lazy "fix" I have seen. Yes, you are more likely to get the trait you want but now you need to find the 2nd most powerful trait also. It honestly does absolutely nothing to fix the problem and is a "band aid" fix as many people have explained.

-Last the biggest feature is the warfront. Which I hope most of you aware knows what that means...you wait 3 weeks to do 30 minutes of content. The other 3 weeks is either daily quest or resource collection. A very poor reason to resub.

-Last it adds heritage armor. Which is nice as I bet most players have a blood elf it will be a nice bit of content for an hour of your time. However you can wait for this, it won't go away. It's a poor reason to resub.

I'm not coming back till I can play Zandalari and Kul Tirans. None of the content in BFA is interesting to me but I love the idea of leveling a new character under the revamped EXP gains from 50-90 level range. I am trying to save most of you a huge disappointment when you return and realize not much has changed. Especially on a max level character.

For the most part I am writing off the expansion as a fail like WOD on my part. If you are somehow able to enjoy the content more power to you. For everyone else thinking of returning please be advised what you are subbing back to. Have a great day and please read or watch a video of what is coming in 8.1.
    Whatever you say im still playing it sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Complete bullshit.
    Yeah, if you're an LFR "raider" then sure, time gated for a month.
    Normal and Heroic are open week 1 and Mythic is open on the second week.

In before people flame me because "LFR RAIDERS ARE RAIDERS TOO!!1"
    Nah, like patch 7.1 came out early December but Nighthold didn't open for another month in January.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And then people will sub, log on the day raid opens and then come onto these forums and whine that they haven't been playing and thus can't do the raid yet. That's what'll happen.
    Why would they not able to play the raid when it opens? The war campaign 100% won't be required as "attunement" the same rumours were spread in 7.1 and insurrection, gm from my old guild was yelling at people to do the rp because otherwise they won't be able to enter Nighthold, and it was after all one big hoax. Gated dungeon? I can imagine, Arcway, Karazhan and King's Rest / Boralus all lead by example. Raid? Can probably enter the moment it opens.

Gear? No worries, next patch will drop 370s like candies, dungeons will drop upscaled loot, warfront loot will be upscaled, emissary rewards, you name it. 370 should make you ready for normal for sure.

At least so far they aren't repeating the Legion stupidity of dropping catch up gear in the middle of the raid tier, therefore invalidating everyone's work on heroic raid before it's even obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Why would they not able to play the raid when it opens? The war campaign 100% won't be required as "attunement" the same rumours were spread in 7.1 and insurrection, gm from my old guild was yelling at people to do the rp because otherwise they won't be able to enter Nighthold, and it was after all one big hoax. Gated dungeon? I can imagine, Arcway, Karazhan and King's Rest / Boralus all lead by example. Raid? Can probably enter the moment it opens.

Gear? No worries, next patch will drop 370s like candies, dungeons will drop upscaled loot, warfront loot will be upscaled, emissary rewards, you name it. 370 should make you ready for normal for sure.

At least so far they aren't repeating the Legion stupidity of dropping catch up gear in the middle of the raid tier, therefore invalidating everyone's work on heroic raid before it's even obsolete.
    That was what the Kronos guy I responded to said. "There's no reason to resub when 8.1 comes cause the raid will be time-gated, probably behind more of the war campaign. So don't bother resubbing until a month after 8.1 drops." And I pointed out that the same negative people who said and will do such things will resub 4 weeks after 8.1, log in, want to do the raid, not be able to, and come here to complain about having to do the chain.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm probably not coming back until all of the new LFR is out either, but I didn't feel the need to make a long winded post about it. It's just a game. A game I wish I had more fun with, but I don't. So whatever. Hell, the way I look at it, if I'm not actively having fun with WoW, that's really not so bad since it lets me save $15 every month!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    "I hate everything in the game right now, but if I can do it as a Zandalari troll then it's all fine".
    Hmm..how does playing a zandalari troll make you not hate the game? A troll character is the same as any other troll character.
    You either hate the game or you don't. Nobody is forcing you to play a game that you don't enjoy playing *with the exception of some...like Asmongold*

I agree with the hobby comment. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Is it confirmed that the new raid will be gated behind the war campaign or is it just based on speculation/rumor?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

.... I am just gonna leeeeeaaaave this here..... Why come back at all if you've already unsubbed?

Come at me MMOChamp bot.