Given the buff to CoC, i want to try again Cyclone/CoC. I know it's an expensive build but uberefficient endgame is not my goal since i don't have the actual time for that.

I just wanted to know: my idea was to start as Scion with swords/daggers/claws and get both Slayer and Juggernaut passive of Ascendant while going up/left towards the Shadow tree as there are lots of crit related passives and access to jewels.

Is this good, bad or don't even bother?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Given the buff to CoC, i want to try again Cyclone/CoC. I know it's an expensive build but uberefficient endgame is not my goal since i don't have the actual time for that.

I just wanted to know: my idea was to start as Scion with swords/daggers/claws and get both Slayer and Juggernaut passive of Ascendant while going up/left towards the Shadow tree as there are lots of crit related passives and access to jewels.
    What spell do you plan to trigger?

Last I knew, CoC builds generally do far more damage from the spells than from the attacks. Nodes that increase critical stats, attack speed and accuracy are good, but don't prioritize nodes that are mainly physical damage with weapons. You'll probably also want spell/elemental damage, in which case your tree will probably spend many more points in the top half. Yes, the Shadow section has plenty of great nodes for CoC (crit stats and spell damage), but it's in the upper right, not upper left..

The Juggernaut Ascendancy is fine, being mostly defensive plus a huge Accuracy boost. If you're choosing the Slayer Ascendancy mainly for the phys reflect immunity, that isn't a high priority unless you're using physical spells. Culling Strike and leech bonuses aren't bad so you could pick it, but I feel there are other options to consider.

i.e. Have you considered how you'd generate Power Charges? Those add a lot of crit, so if you don't have a high uptime on them you'll probably be missing a fair bit of potential. If you don't already have a plan for those, maybe the Assassin ascendancy node becomes even more attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Caustic arrow or toxic rain.
    Still waiting for the Toxic Rain MTX “Chocolate Rain”
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    What spell do you plan to trigger?

Last I knew, CoC builds generally do far more damage from the spells than from the attacks. Nodes that increase critical stats, attack speed and accuracy are good, but don't prioritize nodes that are mainly physical damage with weapons. You'll probably also want spell/elemental damage, in which case your tree will probably spend many more points in the top half. Yes, the Shadow section has plenty of great nodes for CoC (crit stats and spell damage), but it's in the upper right, not upper left..

The Juggernaut Ascendancy is fine, being mostly defensive plus a huge Accuracy boost. If you're choosing the Slayer Ascendancy mainly for the phys reflect immunity, that isn't a high priority unless you're using physical spells. Culling Strike and leech bonuses aren't bad so you could pick it, but I feel there are other options to consider.

i.e. Have you considered how you'd generate Power Charges? Those add a lot of crit, so if you don't have a high uptime on them you'll probably be missing a fair bit of potential. If you don't already have a plan for those, maybe the Assassin ascendancy node becomes even more attractive.
    Ok, i was about slayer also because of leech and was thinking about getting Dark Pact also. My idea was about Cyclone coupled with Ethereal Knives (with the "throw them in a circle jewel)/Bladefall cause i wanted to keep it physical damage, but ince it's all about spells i can easily use a phys->lightning conversion and focus on getting to the top section of the tree then.

There are a couple nodes really useful around the duelist anyway. The huge hp cluster, and also the +2 melee range (which i read it's a great tool for CoC cyclone) plus eventual 3 nodes that boost resistances pretty hard. Also, great tip about power charges - i wanted to use a curse in some way either triggered or classic lighting orb/coh method. Again, i can change the triggered spell.

Thanks for the tips. Yes, the upper left was just a typo

EDIT: i meddled with the tree a little and went with THIS.

I tried to get all the crit related nodes, leaving room for more hp (which i think i'll need); pure spell damage nodes are the only ones at witch starting point, which is reachable with some effort. I left away all weapon related nodes since they boost attack damage and depending on what i choose i can get some "+crit with weapon" (if they apply globally).

Strategy is leveling with the spell of choice (be it EK or else) and start using cyclone when i unlock it together with CoC. Prolly leaving cyclone the lowest level possible to have low mana cost and avoid too high stat requirements.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-12-03 at 08:37 AM.

I'm thrilled for 8 december. I'm going to actually try to finish a league for once. I've spent way too little time investing in the game and am completely oblivious of trading rates, but this time, this time I will try to get something decent off the ground.

Probably still not going for HC, because it's just too punishing for me. There's a few places that basically always wreck me per definition.

What's the best trading rates site for PoE?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm thrilled for 8 december. I'm going to actually try to finish a league for once. I've spent way too little time investing in the game and am completely oblivious of trading rates, but this time, this time I will try to get something decent off the ground.

Probably still not going for HC, because it's just too punishing for me. There's a few places that basically always wreck me per definition.

What's the best trading rates site for PoE?

By trading rates i assume you mean currency rates?

You would be as well sticking to the poe.trade and the games trade site for the most part (at least for buying currency)

And PoE ninja https://poe.ninja/challenge/currency
    That can give you the average buy/sell rates for many items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    By trading rates i assume you mean currency rates?

You would be as well sticking to the poe.trade and the games trade site for the most part (at least for buying currency)

And PoE ninja https://poe.ninja/challenge/currency
    That can give you the average buy/sell rates for many items.
    I guess I do :P

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    To the guy who posts here and helped me last night. Thanks man, you logged off before you told me your MMOC name, I was the arc totem build guy you gave gear to last night before going to watch hockey. I was able to finish delve 70. Might not be much to most people, but for me, I was dying instantly on the first pack, but the res gear you gave me stopped that.

/fistbump

Now, please, explain to me how the hell people get to delve 5000+ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i was about slayer also because of leech and was thinking about getting Dark Pact also. My idea was about Cyclone coupled with Ethereal Knives (with the "throw them in a circle jewel)/Bladefall cause i wanted to keep it physical damage, but ince it's all about spells i can easily use a phys->lightning conversion and focus on getting to the top section of the tree then.

There are a couple nodes really useful around the duelist anyway. The huge hp cluster, and also the +2 melee range (which i read it's a great tool for CoC cyclone) plus eventual 3 nodes that boost resistances pretty hard. Also, great tip about power charges - i wanted to use a curse in some way either triggered or classic lighting orb/coh method. Again, i can change the triggered spell.

Thanks for the tips. Yes, the upper left was just a typo

EDIT: i meddled with the tree a little and went with THIS.

I tried to get all the crit related nodes, leaving room for more hp (which i think i'll need); pure spell damage nodes are the only ones at witch starting point, which is reachable with some effort. I left away all weapon related nodes since they boost attack damage and depending on what i choose i can get some "+crit with weapon" (if they apply globally).

Strategy is leveling with the spell of choice (be it EK or else) and start using cyclone when i unlock it together with CoC. Prolly leaving cyclone the lowest level possible to have low mana cost and avoid too high stat requirements.
    If you plan to use Physical spells (and/or Dark Pact), remember that the Shadow's section has some Physical and Chaos damage nodes and there's also the Force Shaper cluster along the top right. You might not need to venture into the Witch area. I also don't think you need Physical to Lightning for whatever reason.

Hrm.. Despite having most global critical nodes aside from Heartseeker which is so out of the way, +257% crit chance doesn't sound thaat high... I have a feeling you should commit to daggers (which are generally the best melee weapon for crit anyway) and consider grabbing some of the nearby dagger crit nodes. But then yeah, more points in Life as usual. My suggestions would be getting the Bravery (and Art of the Gladiator), Blood Drinker, and Written in Blood life clusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    If you plan to use Physical spells (and/or Dark Pact), remember that the Shadow's section has some Physical and Chaos damage nodes and there's also the Force Shaper cluster along the top right. You might not need to venture into the Witch area. I also don't think you need Physical to Lightning for whatever reason.

Hrm.. Despite having most global critical nodes aside from Heartseeker which is so out of the way, +257% crit chance doesn't sound thaat high... I have a feeling you should commit to daggers (which are generally the best melee weapon for crit anyway) and consider grabbing some of the nearby dagger crit nodes. But then yeah, more points in Life as usual. My suggestions would be getting the Bravery (and Art of the Gladiator), Blood Drinker, and Written in Blood life clusters.
    Ok, i kept the global phys damage aside to focus on more crit - i don't think i can get more nodes without sacrificing too much defense. Daggers are an option, though swords may prove effective due to more weapon base range (reading i see increased aoe mentioned a lot) but it may just be due to a specific spell of choice.

Anyway i left plenty of points out for this reason, so i think i can get away with this and be somewhat effective.

With a more strict "schedule" i think i gan do pretty well with this. If i actually manage to clear uber lab for the first time in my PoE career i could get also the Marauder starting point for that sweet +16max life plus the nodes there just to stack more hp, though i think 200% = roughly 5k with a decent amount of leech should be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    To the guy who posts here and helped me last night. Thanks man, you logged off before you told me your MMOC name, I was the arc totem build guy you gave gear to last night before going to watch hockey. I was able to finish delve 70. Might not be much to most people, but for me, I was dying instantly on the first pack, but the res gear you gave me stopped that.

/fistbump

Now, please, explain to me how the hell people get to delve 5000+ . . .
    6000 now...Delve's crashing at level 6002

Edit. Nvm bugged node 6003 and counting
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2018-12-03 at 06:04 PM.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingGlor...iveHassaanChop

dude rode the redline for a while, look at his ES in his 6k delve
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    6000 now...Delve's crashing at level 6002

Edit. Nvm bugged node 6003 and counting
    Jesus. That is insane. . . . i was getting instant rekt on 67. . . . . . I must be playing this game so wrong its not even funny.

*edit* does anyone know if the delve cart is going away in the next season in a couple of days?

Jesus. That is insane. . . . i was getting instant rekt on 67. . . . . . I must be playing this game so wrong its not even funny.

*edit* does anyone know if the delve cart is going away in the next season in a couple of days?
    you aren't the only one

"It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingGlor...iveHassaanChop

dude rode the redline for a while, look at his ES in his 6k delve
    611 ES? How on earth does he not get 1 shot...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    611 ES? How on earth does he not get 1 shot...
    I think he's using mind over matter with 11k mana. But I couldn't figure it out either, something with the auras maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Nope Niko's one of the new masters so he's back

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    I think he's using mind over matter with 11k mana. But I couldn't figure it out either, something with the auras maybe
    MoM is only 30% tho. The rest is still applied to life. Oo
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

They don't take damage, they cycle gluttony of elements (heals you on elemental damage taken) and physical damage taken as (elemental) with watcher's eye and some other uniques. Chaos Inoculation makes you immune to darkness debuff with basically any life regen. PoE has so many weird uniques and interactions that there's something completely broken every patch, I love it.

Why group play and matchmaking lacking so much in poe? then why this game required online play when group play is completely ignored? beside trading which we have this in d2 also and we have offline play.