Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Too be fair I will just wait how it turns out before I am going to lose my cool over it. I mean... Kagegurui and Space Battleship Yamato were pretty good live action films, who knows it might turn out good.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    While I understand that opinions are opinions, what things made you suffer while watching Bebop?

I get that some of the episodes can be a bit short on the story side, and that Radical Edward isn't a character for everyone, but that's the first time I've seen someone say that Bebop is painful to watch!

No offense, though. Just curiosity.
    Honestly, I can't remember half of the episodes, which says a lot about its content. Off of the top of my head:

- Space truckers
    - Creepy carnival
    - Church shootout/Spike episode
    - Spike/Vicious episode with the infinity loop in the sky
    - Alien homage episode
    - old cop episode with Jet on the blue ocean planet and his friend
    - the finale

That's it. To me, most of the series was forgettable. Contrast that with anime series like FMA:B, Fate, or Gundam IBO, where I remember most of what happened across the entire 50+ episodes for each of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one hole I do have is that it's a series and not a movie. More time to get the tone right. To create a entire world. The question is if Netflix has the money. I'm talking HBO money for a stylistic sci-fi space opera.

Only a handful of Netflix shows really created their own unique flavors, most are now canceled or have ended their runs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Honestly, I can't remember half of the episodes, which says a lot about its content. Off of the top of my head:

- Space truckers
    - Creepy carnival
    - Alien homage episode
    - the finale

That's it. To me, most of the series was forgettable. Contrast that with anime series like FMA:B, Fate, or Gundam IBO, where I remember most of what happened across the entire 50+ episodes for each of the series.
    Funny thing is, same happened for me with FMA. I remember funny moments, and some sad and memorable ones like Hughes's Death and the one one with the doggie girl (Nina, I think?), so its all personal preferences

FMA is still great though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    At least add spoiler tags...
    It's been over a literal decade. I'll give you a year, maybe two tops but not a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- Space truckers
    - Creepy carnival
    - Alien homage episode
    - the finale

I'd like to point out that unless you watched Cowboy Bebop nearly a decade after it's english debut, FMA: B came out in 2009, no exaggeration, a decade later. Iron Blooded Orphans came out in 2015.

As a sheer matter of memory, you're more likely to remember both simply because they're nearly 10 years younger. I mean shoot I love Cowboy Bebop, but it's been years since I watched it and I can't remember much about it either.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I SO agree!

Cowboy Bebop was the reason I started watching anime - and I strongly doubt that Netflix will respect and capture the feel of the original series, there's just no way.

I would rather have seen them try to create a couple of new episodes, to see if people liked it.. It's much cheaper and the reputation of series wouldn't be ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Length of time has no baring on spoilers. If someone hasn't seen it, it's literally still a spoiler to them.
    Well, sorry sport but tough beans. You've been a member here for nearly a decade, you know that there's no obligation to spoiler-tag something that's been well known for over a decade. (fourteen years actually). So assuming you were at least 16ish when you registered here, you were 11 when FMA aired in the USA, and frankly if you haven't watched the show in 14 years, I have to assume you're just not that interested.

Your request is silly and unrealistic. I don't expect you to know what I've seen or haven't seen, much less spoiler every comment about everything just on the off chance that some rando online hasn't seen it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Hughes’ death is a meme at this point.

Anyway, never had much interest in the live action adaptations and this one is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, children have arrived.

I've seen FMA(:B) and that movie so... hardly hurting me, is it? Next you'll tell me that Dumbledore gained access to the Force to fight against Mordor!
    Wait. THA FUCK?

You've seen it and you're bitching about spoilers?

Holy shit reported for trolling.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shucks Howdy! I wonder who will play Punch/Alfredo.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread got weird. Anyway, it's gonna suck. BUT EVA IS COMING TO NETFLIX IN BLU RAY QUALITY WITH THE MOVIES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, same happened for me with FMA. I remember funny moments, and some sad and memorable ones like Hughes's Death and the one one with the doggie girl (Nina, I think?), so its all personal preferences

FMA is still great though
    How did the other guy get banned but this guy didn't? It's fucking against the rules.

4. Clearly label spoilers. Don't use a thread title that is a spoiler in itself (e.g., the Harry Potter meme from a few years ago).

I'm sure it'll be an instant classic like the live action Death Note.

But for real, this is definitely one of those things that only works in its original medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Pikachu is being voiced by Ryan Reynolds so at least we will have a shit ton of good jokes for Deadpool 3.
    That is a pretty good point actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well this thread got weird. Anyway, it's gonna suck. BUT EVA IS COMING TO NETFLIX IN BLU RAY QUALITY WITH THE MOVIES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Evangelion?

I read that they're re-dubbing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    This is the best news really. I regret just giving away my Platinum Eva set to a work friend back in 2008.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure it'll be an instant classic like the live action Death Note.

But for real, this is definitely one of those things that only works in its original medium.

That is a pretty good point actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Evangelion?

Thats actually fine 1.11-3.33 was super

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Evangelion?

That will be...interesting. I mean, it's a lot less fucked up by comparison to today's material than it was. I wonder how well it'll hold up.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    How did the other guy get banned but this guy didn't? It's fucking against the rules.
    Because it's not a spoiler when its over a decade old, you gonna cry if someone tells you that Snape kills Dumbledore or that Darth Vader is Luke's father?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just name recognition so they can save ad money and coming up with their own original stuff. Less risk of a flop but not taking chances on new people and stories makes for stale content in the long run. It'll either be a huge success or cost them subs.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

...and I'm fucking pissed. Really fucking pissed.

Cowboy Bebop is one of, if not THE BEST anime of all time - Great characters, soundtrack, setting, and story. Aside from 1 or 2 weaker episodes, the entire show is freaking fantastic, with memorable moments and incredible direction. Also, it's a story with a very conclusive end.

And they're going to commit necromancy. In the form of a live action series.

They're bringing the original anime director to support the show, which is nice, but I still can't believe that we'll be getting another live action from NETFLIX - Full Metal Alchemist was bad, Death Note was fucking horrendous, and now...Bebop will suffer the same destiny.

What is even the point of a live action remake/retelling? FFS.

See you space cowboy...
    Just cause they make a live action one doesn't delete the anime from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Just cause they make a live action one doesn't delete the anime from existence.
    No, but if something is shit then that's money wasted that could have gone towards something good. As a consumer, it is in our best interest to demand quality.

Contrary to many, I actually think CB could work better as a live-action adaption than many other anime would. COULD being the operative word, though. Netflix's track record isn't exactly inspiring, and I'm sure they'll try and push SOME kind of bullshit into it just because.