Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    True. The main issue with Warlock Game Design is that we cant really kite lots of the Mobs on IE.
    This makes us generally useless in endgame that matters and is a pain in the ass compared to melee aoe
    I only understood the true meaning of this response after I realized what IE meant.

If only I could upvote this. Hahah
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What didn't you like about them?
    More than anything it was BRF. Highmaul I didn't mind as much though the amount of trash and Margok's phase times could get tiresome. In the case of BRF I just found several fights obnoxious like Black Furnace, the Schwarzenegger twins, and Oregorger. HFC didn't really impress me and lasted too long for what I considered only Archimonde, Mannoroth and maybe Gorefiend as interesting encounters.

And then it was just 3 tiers, one really prolonged one that just bored me to death.

The most I got out of WoD was the CM's and even then I liked MoP's better.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-11-30 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    More than anything it was BRF. Highmaul I didn't mind as much though the amount of trash and Margok's phase times could get tiresome. In the case of BRF I just found several fights obnoxious like Black Furnace, the Schwarzenegger twins, and Oregorger. HFC didn't really impress me and lasted too long for what I considered only Archimonde, Mannoroth and maybe Gorefiend as interesting encounters.

And then it was just 3 tiers, one really prolonged one that just bored me to death.

The most I got out of WoD was the CM's and even then I liked MoP's better.
    Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of furnace, but the fight wasn't a ton of pulls to down so it didn't really stick to memory. Same goes for the other two, very short progression cycle. I remember not enjoying repeat kills on oregorger though.

Same with HFA, just not a fun fight to be forced through every week.

On the whole though I enjoyed them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    This is like calling micro holidays a half of the game. PvP is irrelevant.
    This tired old piece of bullshit again.

Hate to break it to you, but (even to this day) WAY more people participate in end-game PvP than in PvE. Been that way since forever. Been that way every season since Achievements allowed us to track it.

Every season, between 44-48% of the entire population of max-level characters achieved a complete set of Conquest gear.

The best PvE has ever done, even since the intro of LFR, is about 34%.

PvP is arguably MORE important than Dragonslaying. Far more people do it, and do it seriously enough to get a complete set of gear, than do PvE on more than tourist mode. (The percentage of people clearing raids even on Normal is sub 20%).

Let that sink in.

Your anecdotal bullshit is bullshit.

Edited: Legion it wasn’t as possible to track, but the numbers (for both types of participation) dropped a lot. From what we can tell so far (well have to wait for season ‘cheives here soon) both have bounced back.

- - - Updated - - -

Lulz - latest PTR, UA nerfed.

Nerfed.

Because it was so powerful.

That it had to be nerfed.

Holy shit Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Lulz - latest PTR, UA nerfed.

Nerfed.

Because it was so powerful.

That it had to be nerfed.

Holy shit Blizz.
    i dunno the math on it so it may be trivial but a nerf to UA is also a nerf to Demonbolt...however ive had a few 100k demonbolts and that is pretty insane lol

the UA nerf is likely due to the new azerite trait that has a chance of giving shards every time to refresh any dot with 5 or fewer seconds remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    the UA nerf is likely due to the new azerite trait that has a chance of giving shards every time to refresh any dot with 5 or fewer seconds remaining.
    That's pretty cool. To do the same damage as I was doing pre-patch I have to get lucky with RNG and get the right azerite piece, and farm up enough AP to activate it?

The UA nerf is probably the first step of our announced ST nerf to buff our spread dots, aka SL, Corr and CoA.

Which is fine.

Happy to see this personally considering how the new raid looks.

nice. we still got no aoe buff but instead we get nerfed. thanks blizz. time to reroll moonkin since they got a massive aoe and single target buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    The UA nerf is probably the first step of our announced ST nerf to buff our spread dots, aka SL, Corr and CoA.

Which is fine.
    why would they buff aff spread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    why would they buff aff spread
    It would be fine if they nerf ST.

Some people here hilarious really, pray that this is all the nerfs Aff will see, same way I'm holding my breath about Destruction which may as well get slap on a wrist with its scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Some people here hilarious really, pray that this is all the nerfs Aff will see, same way I'm holding my breath about Destruction which may as well get slap on a wrist with its scaling.
    hope destro doesnt get bamboozled by fast killtimes again

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post

Which is fine.
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Patch goes live in like... less than two weeks?

Any buffs that were going to come with this nerf would have had to have been in this last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

it's so sad waiting for patch notes with bated breath and see nothing for warlocks or destruction. Like, what in the ever living fuck is going on? Nothing about azerite traits, nothing about tuning or spells. It's so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    it's so sad waiting for patch notes with bated breath and see nothing for warlocks or destruction. Like, what in the ever living fuck is going on? Nothing about azerite traits, nothing about tuning or spells. It's so frustrating.
    Its been this way since mid legion, I'm convinced there was an order to minimize changes at that time because there simply hasn't been any dramatic changes like we used to see since then.

I wouldn't advise waiting anymore, assume the current situation is what you're going to get going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its been this way since mid legion, I'm convinced there was an order to minimize changes at that time because there simply hasn't been any dramatic changes like we used to see since then.

I wouldn't advise waiting anymore, assume the current situation is what you're going to get going forward.
    ha, not what I would like to hear but probably what I needed to hear. I suppose it's time to accept it, ya? Thanks for giving that dose of reality, I agree it's just far too late and not on their radar anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    ha, not what I would like to hear but probably what I needed to hear. I suppose it's time to accept it, ya? Thanks for giving that dose of reality, I agree it's just far too late and not on their radar anymore.
    Its not that its even a matter of timing or issues they're looking for. As far as I can tell they're just straight up not making changes anymore unless something is an egregious issue.

Its something that took me far too long to come to terms with as well. You need to figure out whatever you enjoy with the state of the game as is, because they're not changing things. Just look at the classes they acknowledged as problem classes even before the xpac launched and what changes they've gotten since. People were expecting the usual hefty changes and they got hotfixable tuning changes in a major patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called reality, it's how it works for a long time, I find it surprising people find it surprising.

It's the usual case of "if it works, don't fix it" and by all accounts in PvE warlocks work and pretty well at that, so naturally classes and specs that actually struggle or are broken in some way get changes priority over various pouty gamers bullshitting on forums over nothing.

It's that simple. Either you take it or reroll. Realization of the fact that you are not getting a custom designed class to your liking 100% and that's why there are 36 specs to choose from saves a lot of frustration, as opposed to whining for years about that one specific class that no longer strikes your fancy.