Apparently Player Safety isn't even going to review the Wilson hit.

And now Forsberg is out. This just keeps getting worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And now Forsberg is out. This just keeps getting worse.
    I just hope that we make it to the new year relatively intact. I don’t know what’s changed. But there seems to be a lot more injuries this year. Boston is basically holding it together with duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I just hope that we make it to the new year relatively intact. I don’t know what’s changed. But there seems to be a lot more injuries this year. Boston is basically holding it together with duct tape.
    Well we are down our two best wingers, our 2nd line center, a top Dman, and Bonino was out last night as well with an illness.

We had Joey, Jarnkrok, Sissons, Freddie G down the middle. Fiala and Tolvanen were the top line wingers and then Smith and Hartman were the 2nd. Problem is other than Bonino, all of these guys will probably be out at least another month.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expect a 10 point night from Nylander to make up for the fact that he hasn't played in 2 months and owes me points in my hockey pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There's no reason to review what should have been an interference call.
    Forsberg was suspended for interference last season, so that alone doesn't mean a thing.

It's ok, Wilson will do something dumb here in the next month, he's too stupid not too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I expect a 10 point night from Nylander to make up for the fact that he hasn't played in 2 months and owes me points in my hockey pool.
    Nah, he has a right to his contract. I mean fuck his agent and his dad if he was interferring (which seems so) with being reasonable but as long as he plays better in the playoffs it'll all be good.

We didn't need him to get near the top, he will be more rested when everyone else is tired, and we have him at a fair contract for a long term.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Nah, he has a right to his contract. I mean fuck his agent and his dad if he was interferring (which seems so) with being reasonable but as long as he plays better in the playoffs it'll all be good.

We didn't need him to get near the top, he will be more rested when everyone else is tired, and we have him at a fair contract for a long term.
    I too am looking forward to the salt flowing on r/hockey over the next few months and years. I just need to make up ground in my hockey pool, since no one else picked Nylander. Granted, the draft was done back before training camp even started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of the NHL. Carcillo is ruffling feathers of people who have stuff to hide. Jeff O'Neill might get himself fired for attacking someone who is made himself a figurehead of mental health in hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Outside of the NHL. Carcillo is ruffling feathers of people who have stuff to hide. Jeff O'Neill might get himself fired for attacking someone who is made himself a figurehead of mental health in hockey.
    Hope not. When I lived there O'Neill was definitely one of the better radio personalities. Seems if Jeff is right, Carcillo will face more backlash if latter is hiding anything.

Seems we traded Leivo to Vancouver for some average AHLer to make a spot for Nylander. Too bad, Leivo was playing really well and I think we'll regret it a bit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Steve Simmons is off TSN, at least for Leafs games anyway, Jeff O'Neill has become the most disliked hockey analyst on the network. But Kypreos is even worse, I wonder how he is enjoying all that crow he has to eat after opening his pie hole last year and saying that the Leafs would not sign Nylander and would trade him. What a moron.

Most of TSN is Canadian-biased garbage, when it comes to hockey. I get that they're a Canadian network, but they're really big snobs about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Most of TSN is Canadian-biased garbage, when it comes to hockey. I get that they're a Canadian network, but they're really big snobs about it.
    My hope would be that TSN recognizes they are probably the number one source for all hockey info. Considering all their insiders are way more informed than the Sportsnet insiders are. It would be interesting to see they try for an international audience. Their whole hockey crew is very Canada-centric. But, when looking at their coverage of other sports they use resources from other countries a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Seattle is getting a team, that's pretty interesting. In the NHL they shouldn't be at as much of a travel disadvantage as in other sports.
    /s

Of course the one year we did reasonably well with Eichel was the year Toronto tanked for Mathews. Christ what a shot in OT.

Of course the one year we did reasonably well with Eichel was the year Toronto tanked for Mathews. Christ what a shot in OT.
    Accusing teams of tanking bothers me. Really believe Penguins are the only team to truly tank. Just to clear this up though:
    Finishing last != tanking.

E.g. the year buffalo "tanked" for McDavid (with a 100% guarantee of Eichel as consolation prize) the Leafs actually had a worse record than when they ended up winning the Matthews lottery (with only a 17.5% chance of Laine and a more of a chance at 4th pick than 1st). Despite finishing last, the Leafs had 15 more points than when Buffalo finished Iast during the previous season.

Oh, we definitely tanked the McDavid/Eichel year. Our sports radio talked about it constantly. We all knew what was up. We would actively cheer for the Coyotes. It's also hard to believe the organization didn't know what they were doing in that regard either. It's only the (subpar, bad) players we had who would be frustrated with constantly losing. We set them up for failure, no doubt.

And it's kind of a joke in Buffalo how Toronto media hates how we tanked so brazenly, and that the Leafs did it the "proper" way, with "dignity."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, we definitely tanked the McDavid/Eichel year. Our sports radio talked about it constantly. We all knew what was up. We would actively cheer for the Coyotes. It's also hard to believe the organization didn't know what they were doing in that regard either. It's only the (subpar, bad) players we had who would be frustrated with constantly losing. We set them up for failure, no doubt.

And it's kind of a joke in Buffalo how Toronto media hates how we tanked so brazenly, and that the Leafs did it the "proper" way, with "dignity."
    Lulz, maybe the media does, but I don't think you will find an honest fan of any team who thinks that tanking has any dignity. The media here are literal cancer, I absolutely loath TSN and SportsNet alike, because they act like the Leafs are the second coming of Jesus. Really, the fans are generally pretty level headed, unlike our media. Sure, we can be chirpy and like to rile up other fans, but we just want to win and we are tired of having mediocre teams. Honestly, after 51 years, the 'lul 67' meme is getting really old, even for us younger fans, we just want to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I absolutely loath TSN and SportsNet alike, because they act like the Leafs are the second coming of Jesus.
    Pretty much this. They're either riding the Leafs' dicks or interrupting coverage of a non-Edmonton game to tell us what McDavid's dad's cat had for breakfast.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.