15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He initiated contact before she was knocked to the ground. Might want to get those eyes checked.
    What? "Taking shots at people from behind a shield won't get you the desired result." is about Xskarma's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It was easily his best game. Which is good, considering last week was his best week before this week. His completion percentage is up (but still sub 60%), one of his two INTs was on a Hail Mary so it shouldn't count (but then again the Dolphins dropped another blatant undercut), and he set a franchise record for rushing yards by a QB, eclipsing the record he set last week. And he was much better in the 2nd half than the first, which I guess is a good thing.

Here are a few issues I have with him still, which haven't really resolved in however many games he's played (I think it's 8 now):
    One of his big selling points was the big arm and it wasn't there on that last throw. Maybe the UCL damage is hampering him. Sure his mechanics need work, but a mad scramble and desperation heave is where his greatest talents lie, so to see him under throw is a little surprising.
    /s

I mean, he threw it from the 40 to the end zone from the left numbers to the right hash, so like 40 yards vertical another 20 horizontal, you solve for the hypotenuse. That's not a small throw by any means. If I did my Pythagorean theory right, it was almost a 45 yard pass, while running left, to the right, as a right handed QB, so against the grain of his throwing motion.

The point is, he needs to be what the analysts call "on platform" to be anywhere near accurate with that kind of throw. He has the raw athleticism to do it, he just needs to get those mechanics done, which is a question of mechanical soundness and mental processing. If he can just set his feet for half a second and turn his body the proper way, he doesn't have to torque his body weirdly during the throwing motion to the right while running away from it. Josh Rosen can probably make that throw accurately, but his ball is only getting to the 10 yard line (which would have been fine, it was 4th and 11 from the 30). Problem is, Rosen is not scrambling like that. The question becomes then, would Rosen have been able to step up into that pocket and deliver without all the scrambling. Rosen has impressed me more and more since Mike McCoy was fired. Maybe Byron Leftwich will be an actual thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a diehard Packers fan and Pennsylvanian, I’d like to see Bill Cowher take up the reigns in Green Bay.

@eschatological

Fair enough on Allen. Still, I remain cautiously optimistic (yes i overuse the term).
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    @eschatological

Fair enough on Allen. Still, I remain cautiously optimistic (yes i overuse the term).
    I'm definitely more optimistic on Allen than I have at any other time in my history of thinking of Josh Allen.

I want to see him play in a game where he rushes for less than 10 yards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pete Carroll Injury Description to Length of Absence Chart:

"dinged up" or "flared up" 1-2 weeks, gametime decision next week

"pretty sore" 2-3 weeks

"legitimate [injury]" 1 month - 2 months

"significant [injury]" likely IR, season ending

and bonus:

"[previous injury] popped back up" indefinite purgatory

DJ Fluker has a "legitimate" hamstring injury. Very bad news to the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And that's the difference between the Rams and the Saints. The Saints D is good, the Rams D is great.
    Aaron Donald is great, Rams D is actually pretty bad as a whole.

I'm definitely more optimistic on Allen than I have at any other time in my history of thinking of Josh Allen.

I want to see him play in a game where he rushes for less than 10 yards.
    Well if the receivers can get open and catch, and the line blocks well, I'm all for that. If he can rip off a 25 yard run without taking a shot, that wouldn't hurt my feelings either.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    As a diehard Packers fan and Pennsylvanian, I’d like to see Bill Cowher take up the reigns in Green Bay.
    Think he's still got it? He hasn't coached for over a decade, and look how that situation is working out for Oakland. Always liked him though, I wouldn't mind seeing him coach again.

@eschatological, nice write up on Allen! I still don't really trust him but his place yesterday overall was better than I expected, less the risky throws. He's a legit runner but really needs to work on his accuracy. His receivers weren't really helping him out yesterday on some of his passes that-while not perfect-were very catchable. It'll be interesting to see how he plays against the Patriots, although the o-line might be a shit show with Bodine done for the year.
    Last edited by sibut; 2018-12-03 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kareem Hunt goes unclaimed. Guessing it's because unlike Foster, Hunt was released after going on the exempt list. No way he's playing again this season, probably getting suspended to start next season too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he was suspended until the next season started anyway, or did the NFL not specify a number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Kareem Hunt goes unclaimed. Guessing it's because unlike Foster, Hunt was released after going on the exempt list. No way he's playing again this season, probably getting suspended to start next season too.
    Video evidence is all that matters to them.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGAmobile View Post
    I thought he was suspended until the next season started anyway, or did the NFL not specify a number?
    Last I heard he was on the exempt list with an investigation underway, no formal suspension yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Is no one watching this Eagles/Redskins game?

...cause I'm watching a hockey game with this muted in the background.

Edit: I just saw McCoy limping on the Redskins sideline and...........Mark Sanchez warming up?!?

10+ Year Old Account

...cause I'm watching a hockey game with this muted in the background.

Edit: I just saw McCoy limping on the Redskins sideline and...........Mark Sanchez warming up?!?
    Its Sanchize time. Thats about how exciting this game is.

- - - Updated - - -

AP only took off because the Eagles were respecting the pass from Sanchize too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to poop, when I came back, the Skins scored on one play. Now the Eagles are failing on 4th and goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw some in a restaurant because it was the only thing on. Now, thankfully, I'm home and there will be no more Mark Sanchez in prime time.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I saw some in a restaurant because it was the only thing on. Now, thankfully, I'm home and there will be no more Mark Sanchez in prime time.
    I, for one, am prepared for the Buttfumble Part II
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only followed the game on twitter, so no idea how they looked, but Washington really got blasted with injuries this season. They looked quite good there for a bit and then their O-line went down, part of their defense, then Alex Smith, and now their back up QB. Going to be a mighty game of "what could have been" in D.C. this winter and spring.