Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    This is interesting. What content was there in Legion that we don't have now?

Legitimate question, since I've barely played this expansion.
    Artifact Weapons. At first they were meaningful and grinding AP per point gave your character big gains. Also Mythic+ in the beginning was rewarding even at lower keys. AKA there was meaningful character progression outside of raiding, BFA is is just the weekly chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Sure, I'm just sharing my experience. An inexperienced leader letting in someone who will almost surely throw off the group is at fault, too. As to your second comment, you can think whatever you want. There is a reason all throughout history there were activities that were only enjoyed in groups of men. Everything old is new again.
    You mean throughout history in which men have tried to assert control over women and have seen them as degenerate incubators? Anyways, that is too much off-topic and I shall stop now but glad we agree that the guys who give attention to anything that remotely resembles something that has a vagina attached are as much at fault as the girls who genuinely enjoy stirring up drama because they know they can do it.

On topic: my guild has died but will probably resurrect for a couple of weeks in 8.1 just do die again. Can't fault anyone, barely anything to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Hoenstly, WoW's spell broke over the break for me.

I stopped raiding after realizing how depressing the removal of Master Loot made progression raiding.

We used to joke about loot that would get DE'd because no one needed it.

Now we get grumpy because a drop lands for someone and it's an ilvl upgrade, but not an actual numerical upgrade due to shitty stats.

Can't trade it because of Blizzard's shit ideas.

The dopamine isn't there. Either I'm pushing M+ (which generates more stress than reward) as its the only thing to do, or I'm insanely bored because there's nothing else worth doing. I tried some PvP, but 40 conquest points per match won, I may as well just not even.

I remember getting gear in a box per match in Legion. WTF.

I'm installing FFXIV tonight.

I'll log in for RP activities with my guild.

I think they should re-institute it, but only have it available for Mythic progression. Reduces the potential for gearing out for Mythic raids too quickly and from unfair/sheisty moves by PUG leaders, but allows those in the hardcore progression guilds to have a bit of freedom in that difficult content as a type of reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You mean throughout history in which men have tried to assert control over women and have seen them as degenerate incubators? Anyways, that is too much off-topic and I shall stop now but glad we agree that the guys who give attention to anything that remotely resembles something that has a vagina attached are as much at fault as the girls who genuinely enjoy stirring up drama because they know they can do it.

On topic: my guild has died but will probably resurrect for a couple of weeks in 8.1 just do die again. Can't fault anyone, barely anything to do.
    Gender has a socially constructed element to it, but biological differences are very much there as well. So if I enjoy spending time in all-male groups I am not discriminating anyone, I am merely spending quality time with like-minded people. Literally. Men and women are biologically different from each other. Don’t put the leftist spin on it. Everything politicized all the time, gosh.

On topic: guild still raiding, activity down by about 2/3 though. The patch is coming too late, many have quit for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    My guild died in the first week of october because a landwhale created so much drama among the virgins. Yes, a landwhale, imagine how desperated are some men.
    I'm glad that my guild has a goal to raid, not to pretend to be tinder. Has probably something to do with having players with jobs, relationships and some even children. However that makes many people "raid loggers" because they're quite busy otherwise. Atm we just raid 1day/week and wait for new content. We didn't really enjoy Uldir especially due to melee unfriendliness and class stacking, so we really want to leave it behind us.

I'm on EU so we don't even have Thanksgiving, but the moment Ghuun died we went into "cba" mode.

My guild died the night we got aotc.

Quote Originally Posted by RundinO View Post
    I think they should re-institute it, but only have it available for Mythic progression. Reduces the potential for gearing out for Mythic raids too quickly and from unfair/sheisty moves by PUG leaders, but allows those in the hardcore progression guilds to have a bit of freedom in that difficult content as a type of reward.
    It should be re-instituted for all raid content.

PUGing a raid is like doing business on craigslist.

There is an inherent risk and you either put in the due diligence to ensure you're not getting ripped or you go get what you want from a more legitimate source, like a guild.

my guild died a few weeks into the raid. personal loot just pissed everyone off. easier to just pug the bosses you need since you have the same chance at loot.

Pretty common for guilds to die unfortunately.
    Think I went through about 5 solid guilds through Legion that died on me.

Wait we were supposed to have a thanksgiving break? Also, what's a thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Come on man, fat chicks need love too!.. they just gotta pay.
    I know, i know xD

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm glad that my guild has a goal to raid, not to pretend to be tinder. Has probably something to do with having players with jobs, relationships and some even children. However that makes many people "raid loggers" because they're quite busy otherwise. Atm we just raid 1day/week and wait for new content. We didn't really enjoy Uldir especially due to melee unfriendliness and class stacking, so we really want to leave it behind us.

I'm on EU so we don't even have Thanksgiving, but the moment Ghuun died we went into "cba" mode.
    Best philosophy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed that one girl can cause so much drama without men being involved at all. Or perhaps the fact that certain unstable men who get all worked up about the imaginary pussy they are (not) gonna get enable such behaviour by giving it so sought-after attention (and at such quantities).

Props for your first guild for kicking out the guys, too, though.

The story is the following.

- BFA releases, so i powerlevel and start Uldir the week it came out, at the second week i kill ghuun in normal just doing pugs because my guildies are still leveling, im 360 since then with that shaman healer. My wife is still playing that week, she plays a hunter.
    - I take a week off, so i dint burnout like so many did in the first weeks.
    - When i return to the game, my guildmaster has recruited 6 special players.
    - One is "competitive healer", a 18yo male who, i still believe, was a virgin because he was desperate around the girls. But he was good at healing.
    - The second is the "landwhale", a retarded girl who is your typical retarded Otaku, she also plays as a healer.
    - The third is "young feminist", a pretty young lady who excel at healing, she is playing for her first time but is the best of the three healers.
    - The fourth is "shy girl", she is a...shy girl who was our best off-tank at the time. Better than some of the other virgins who wanted the spot, she is so shy that we never hear what she says...because she talks... like under a rock.
    - The fifth is "roleplayer dps guy", he was a graphical designer and a very capable dps, and RPer.
    - The sixth was "strange guy", a guy that the GM let into the raidleader job because no one wanted the job, we had so such bad dps at the time...
    - So, the story.

(Strike 1)

- First night raiding, and im carrying the heals at the time with "competitive healer", because our superior ilevel, just chilling and playing relaxed.
    - Landwhale starts to troll me because i "didnt used the CD when she called it" after a wipe, the thing is...that she dint called the cd in the entire fight.
    - It was fucking Normal Uldir. So i tell the "landwhale" that, and the fact that didnt called the cd in the entire fight. "Competitive healer" confirms that.
    - "young feminist" spergs out at me, because im oppresing the "landwhale". Yep, even when she confirms that the "landwhale" never called the cd.
    - The "strange guy" disbands the raid because they (we) were wipíng because the dps werent doing the mechanics.
    - The healers discuss the fight we had that night in the discord.
    - "the landwhale" starts crying in the discord, because she says that we ignored her because she is a woman, and that she called the cds in time.
    - "young feminist" says that she didnt called the cd. "competitive healer" confirms that. I confirm that, raidleader confirms that.
    - "Landwhale" begins to troll the gchat, because she is a victim of patriarchy or something like that.
    - Gm says that she is special and that we need to understand her.
    - I say that i dont need to raid with aguild "for special people" and that i'll be pugging for some time, (really, the pugs at that time were good, and better than my guild ). As im one of the oldest guildmembers, they understand.

(Strike 2).

- The guild is raiding.
    - And wiping because of the shitty dps.
    - Im not in the raid with the guild, but my wife is, and im looking at her screen.
    - From nowhere, "young feminist" lash at "competitive healer", he ask "what happens, why are you yelling at me?".
    - She says that he is playing bad and that she is tired of him talking trash about her.
    - "competitive healer" is kicked from the raid by "strange guy" a true white-knight.
    - Weeks later we knew that "landwhale" was talking shit about "competitive healer" to "young feminist" because she envied the attention that the virgin gave to the pretty girl.
    - So, the fat manatee manipulated the "young feminist". And the guild was without two healers.

(Strike 3)

- I came back to play with the guild because they needed healers.
    - I ignored the landwhale, just playing for my friends.
    - "roleplayer dps guy" was topping the dps charts, as a enhancement shaman!, he was a god. SO i tell him that in discord. Everyone congratulated the guy for his skill.
    - "landwhale" is a otaku
    - Otakus love to draw.
    - Landwhale shows one of her drawings to "roleplayer dps guy".
    - He says to her that the drawing was pretty good, but she needed to work on the proportions of the human body, with his strange and educated style.
    - Landwhale spergs out.
    - She manipulates the "strange guy" into kicking the "roleplayer dps guy" from the guild as the GM was very passive at the time. I think that she envied the guy because of all the attention we give him for his skills.
    - I stand for the roleplayer guy. and fight against "strange guy" the raidleader, on discord.
    - After the fight i became an ally of "strange guy" and peace reigns for a week.

(strike 4)

- Another week, another drama.
    - Landwhale begins to troll the young feminist while we are raiding.
    - Young feminist just ignores her.
    - Landwhale begins to cry in the discord (yes, cry).....while we raid, because she is being ignored by most people.
    - "Strange guy" defends her, calling us bad persons for ignoring this toxic fat abomination.
    - Landwhale literally begins to talk like a "kawaai " otaku character to "strange guy"..yes..wtf.
    - "Young feminist" yells at the discord, "Landwhale, can you please stop whispering me?".
    - I tell them all to fuck off. Can you stop fighting WHILE WE RAID? seriously.
    - My wife is tired from the drama, so she wants to quit the quild, we talk to the other officers, and we decide that one more strike and we will kick the "landwhale" from the guild. My wife stays.
    - "Young feminist" and i became allies against the "landwhale" and began to ignore her everytime she talks.

(strike 5).

- Landwhale wants the "strange guy" OUT OF THE GUILD, because she didnt like him anymore. Because he started to drift his attention from her...
    - WTF, he was her protector. HER WHITE KNIGHT
    - She says, "its me, or him". The virgins says that we must kick the raidleader...w...t...f. (A lot of virgins really like women who talk like cute 2d japanese characters
    - We kick the landwhale
    - And her alts

(strike 6)

- "Shy girl", our offtank and a nice person, ask us with fury, at raid night, "why the officers are telling everyone that she talks like a retarded person and that she is the worst tank that ever existed!!?".
    -WTF
    - Yep, Landwhale strikes again. Even after death
    - A fight ensues between the virgins and the not so virgins. We kick some, and some left the guild.
    - The guild almost disbands.
    - Most of them leave afterwards..because all the drama that the landwhale caused, that strained our relationships until the point of no return
    - I changed to Wyrmrest Accord for a time, loved the good people on that server 10/10 would play all the time with these people when i get to unlock the Zandalari Paladin. My guild still exist and they have been doing uldir but i'm already 375 and i dont care about non-mythic content

Some women are just toxic, not all of them, but some, and the virgins are adept at following these toxic persons.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    My guild has been essentially dead since mid-October, and is pretty much completely dead now.

8.1 isn't generating much excitement by itself, and the next raid not coming out until January or February is way too long.

For context:

Legion Launch Date - 8/30/16
    Legion First Raid Launch Date - 9/20/16 (3 weeks post launch)
    Legion First Major Patch Date - 10/25/16 (8 weeks post launch)
    Legion Second Raid Launch Date - 11/8/16 (7 weeks post first raid)

BfA Launch Date - 8/14/18 (nearly 3 months more time to build than Legion)
    BfA First Raid Launch Date - 9/4/18 (3 weeks post launch)
    BfA First Major Patch Date - 12/11/18 (17 weeks post launch - aka more than twice as long as Legion)
    BfA Second Raid Launch Date - 1/22/19 (Estimated) (20 weeks post first raid - aka nearly 3 times as long as Legion)

So, not only did Blizz kick out an objectively lesser expansion compared to Legion, they are incredibly slow in continuing with the expansion. Blizz themselves are what is killing the guilds and this game.
    Blizzard was the WoW killer all along! Say it aint so, Joe!

Basically nobody logs on outside of raids at this point, but that has nothing to do with a holiday nobody here celebrates. The game just isn't very fun to play in its current state, so people log in for our weekly clear and maybe a +10, that's about it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    I know, i know xD

Best philosophy ever.

The story is the following.

- BFA releases, so i powerlevel and start Uldir the week it came out, at the second week i kill ghuun in normal just doing pugs because my guildies are still leveling, im 360 since then with that shaman healer. My wife is still playing that week, she plays a hunter.
    - I take a week off, so i dint burnout like so many did in the first weeks.
    - When i return to the game, my guildmaster has recruited 6 special players.
    - One is "competitive healer", a 18yo male who, i still believe, was a virgin because he was desperate around the girls. But he was good at healing.
    - The second is the "landwhale", a retarded girl who is your typical retarded Otaku, she also plays as a healer.
    - The third is "young feminist", a pretty young lady who excel at healing, she is playing for her first time but is the best of the three healers.
    - The fourth is "shy girl", she is a...shy girl who was our best off-tank at the time. Better than some of the other virgins who wanted the spot, she is so shy that we never hear what she says...because she talks... like under a rock.
    - The fifth is "roleplayer dps guy", he was a graphical designer and a very capable dps, and RPer.
    - The sixth was "strange guy", a guy that the GM let into the raidleader job because no one wanted the job, we had so such bad dps at the time...
    - So, the story.

(Strike 1)

- First night raiding, and im carrying the heals at the time with "competitive healer", because our superior ilevel, just chilling and playing relaxed.
    - Landwhale starts to troll me because i "didnt used the CD when she called it" after a wipe, the thing is...that she dint called the cd in the entire fight.
    - It was fucking Normal Uldir. So i tell the "landwhale" that, and the fact that didnt called the cd in the entire fight. "Competitive healer" confirms that.
    - "young feminist" spergs out at me, because im oppresing the "landwhale". Yep, even when she confirms that the "landwhale" never called the cd.
    - The "strange guy" disbands the raid because they (we) were wipíng because the dps werent doing the mechanics.
    - The healers discuss the fight we had that night in the discord.
    - "the landwhale" starts crying in the discord, because she says that we ignored her because she is a woman, and that she called the cds in time.
    - "young feminist" says that she didnt called the cd. "competitive healer" confirms that. I confirm that, raidleader confirms that.
    - "Landwhale" begins to troll the gchat, because she is a victim of patriarchy or something like that.
    - Gm says that she is special and that we need to understand her.
    - I say that i dont need to raid with aguild "for special people" and that i'll be pugging for some time, (really, the pugs at that time were good, and better than my guild ). As im one of the oldest guildmembers, they understand.

(Strike 2).

- The guild is raiding.
    - And wiping because of the shitty dps.
    - Im not in the raid with the guild, but my wife is, and im looking at her screen.
    - From nowhere, "young feminist" lash at "competitive healer", he ask "what happens, why are you yelling at me?".
    - She says that he is playing bad and that she is tired of him talking trash about her.
    - "competitive healer" is kicked from the raid by "strange guy" a true white-knight.
    - Weeks later we knew that "landwhale" was talking shit about "competitive healer" to "young feminist" because she envied the attention that the virgin gave to the pretty girl.
    - So, the fat manatee manipulated the "young feminist". And the guild was without two healers.

(Strike 3)

- I came back to play with the guild because they needed healers.
    - I ignored the landwhale, just playing for my friends.
    - "roleplayer dps guy" was topping the dps charts, as a enhancement shaman!, he was a god. SO i tell him that in discord. Everyone congratulated the guy for his skill.
    - "landwhale" is a otaku
    - Otakus love to draw.
    - Landwhale shows one of her drawings to "roleplayer dps guy".
    - He says to her that the drawing was pretty good, but she needed to work on the proportions of the human body, with his strange and educated style.
    - Landwhale spergs out.
    - She manipulates the "strange guy" into kicking the "roleplayer dps guy" from the guild as the GM was very passive at the time. I think that she envied the guy because of all the attention we give him for his skills.
    - I stand for the roleplayer guy. and fight against "strange guy" the raidleader, on discord.
    - After the fight i became an ally of "strange guy" and peace reigns for a week.

(strike 4)

- Another week, another drama.
    - Landwhale begins to troll the young feminist while we are raiding.
    - Young feminist just ignores her.
    - Landwhale begins to cry in the discord (yes, cry).....while we raid, because she is being ignored by most people.
    - "Strange guy" defends her, calling us bad persons for ignoring this toxic fat abomination.
    - Landwhale literally begins to talk like a "kawaai " otaku character to "strange guy"..yes..wtf.
    - "Young feminist" yells at the discord, "Landwhale, can you please stop whispering me?".
    - I tell them all to fuck off. Can you stop fighting WHILE WE RAID? seriously.
    - My wife is tired from the drama, so she wants to quit the quild, we talk to the other officers, and we decide that one more strike and we will kick the "landwhale" from the guild. My wife stays.
    - "Young feminist" and i became allies against the "landwhale" and began to ignore her everytime she talks.

(strike 5).

- Landwhale wants the "strange guy" OUT OF THE GUILD, because she didnt like him anymore. Because he started to drift his attention from her...
    - WTF, he was her protector. HER WHITE KNIGHT
    - She says, "its me, or him". The virgins says that we must kick the raidleader...w...t...f. (A lot of virgins really like women who talk like cute 2d japanese characters
    - We kick the landwhale
    - And her alts

(strike 6)

- "Shy girl", our offtank and a nice person, ask us with fury, at raid night, "why the officers are telling everyone that she talks like a retarded person and that she is the worst tank that ever existed!!?".
    -WTF
    - Yep, Landwhale strikes again. Even after death
    - A fight ensues between the virgins and the not so virgins. We kick some, and some left the guild.
    - The guild almost disbands.
    - Most of them leave afterwards..because all the drama that the landwhale caused, that strained our relationships until the point of no return
    - I changed to Wyrmrest Accord for a time, loved the good people on that server 10/10 would play all the time with these people when i get to unlock the Zandalari Paladin. My guild still exist and they have been doing uldir but i'm already 375 and i dont care about non-mythic content

Some women are just toxic, not all of them, but some, and the virgins are adept at following these toxic persons.
    This gave me cancer.

That being said, we've kind of gotten to a weird point in Western society where single men pursuing single women is viewed as creepy or in a negative light, when half a century ago, men were expected to court a woman. It's not appropriate in certain contexts, such as the workplace, but WoW's a social activity. So the attempts are more passive and deferring than before. But while that has occurred, the reveling in that male attention has also not be stigmatized nor has there been a shift in responsibility to discourage these less overt actions, because of the misuse of the term "victim-blaming." This is why there is generally more less critical dunking of men who watch Twitch cam girls and more defense of Twitch cam girls soliciting the attention of men. That and the white knight factor. Only when that attention is weaponized against another woman viewed as competition does it suddenly become apparent as a problem, probably because the manipulation of men begins negatively impacting a third party that also happens to be a woman.

The same thing happens on the flip side, but it's less prevalent. YouTube men that cater to a female audience tend to manipulate them into attacking people. But there's still the gendered perception. The women are victims for hanging off the YouTuber's every word and the YouTuber is manipulating women. That perception is rarely in dispute, even before the audience is weaponized.

I'm also on WrA tho, we are very cool, but I bet you're a filthy Alliance XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any students in your guild? This is the end of the semester/quarter in many places, so maybe they're focused on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    This is interesting. What content was there in Legion that we don't have now?

Legitimate question, since I've barely played this expansion.
    Mythic + was more fun, and you always had that chance to get a legendary. Also early on your artifact weapon had to be unlocked, sure it was Grindy, but the carrot you were chasing was juicy

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Mythic + was more fun, and you always had that chance to get a legendary. Also early on your artifact weapon had to be unlocked, sure it was Grindy, but the carrot you were chasing was juicy
    Barring the Mythic-only unlocked dungeons...

The worst launch dungeons from a 'voluminous amount of trash' perspective was Black Rook Hold, with EoA & HoV & NL being behind it, but equal to one another.

In BfA, the worst dungeon is Shrine of Storms. Tol Dagor is on about the same level as BRH.

That being said, Seat of the Triumvirate was pretty bad and probably a sign of things to come with regards to dungeon design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    Just a thread on reddit touching about this issue: my guild took a week off during the week of Thanksgiving since everyone was travelling and people wouldn't be able to make it to Mythic raiding progression.

The week after, 14 people logged on. Before, we had trouble getting the full 20 but had a consisent 18-19 logging on.

Now? 7 of my guild mates who were logging on every day before the break haven't bothered to log on.

We're actually progressing decently too as we're tackling Fetid Devourer which we almost have down and will move on to Zul.

Thanksgiving break has been a deathknell for many guilds. It has been for mine. TBH, I'm guilty of it too since I've only logged for raid time last Tuesday and Wednesday and haven't bothered to log back on this week at all.

8.1 can't come fast enough but even then, not sure if it will be enough content until 8.2
    content drought right now.

unless the guild is old and established they are falling apart. ive been in the same guild since i raided SSC in BC. many people have come and gone, some have switched from hardcore to casual and new have come to replace them. the leadership is still old though. like the first GM was GM from before i joined the guild in vanilla and quit at the end of Cata. The current GM has been GM since then. She main tanks and leads.

It is also a bunch of older people too now though, like we were all in uni when we first joined, but now are married or with kids, most of us are casual now but still log on and keep the guild alive.

If you take that away you can see that the guild has alot of movement in the ranks. But the core remains. They arent doing so bad right now either working on mythic ghuun.

Generally id say due to the group finder the need for a guild has died down. I last main raided in SoO. But with group finder done pretty much everything except mythics.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

lol mine did, this happens every year for me.

My guild died in WoD lol.