Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The more domestic terrorism, the faster that movement will die. They know that... you might get crazies, but that’s nothing new.
    Is it domestic terrorism if let's say, the military sides with him and allows him to stay in power indefinitely?

That's all it would take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Vandal View Post
    If it were up to me there'd be inquisitional institutions devoted to hunting down and punishing corruption and moral values not being upheld.

But we already know what is next, a few more decades of sheltered cattle condemning violence and protests until finally they realize they've been getting fucked enough and suddenly all the violent and destructive protests will suddenly gain popularity because of the violence, like in Paris...

Maybe a bit later she some guillotine and 'the people' holding their own public courts to punish all the wealthy and politicians.

And then we'll be printing the slogan of these violent protesters on our coins and spend the next few hundred years sliding back into the same old farce as our children forget history and the fact they and everything they have stands on the shoulders of bloodied giants.
    So a sort of Reign of Terror?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am curious why you seperate Bush, Clinton and Obama as seperate entities breaking one another, I argue they are all stops on the road to Trump.
    The actions of Obama didn't lead to Trump. The two biggest factors (prior to the election season) was democracy being perverted by republicans and a grossly misinformed republican voter base. If I had to tack on a third it would be Obama being half black. It brought a lot of racism to the surface that was gradually fading away as older people die off.

We can see evidence for this by the attitudes of Trump voters. For example, the economy has done slightly worse since Obama left. The trends started under Obama have mostly continued, although Trump has certainly made things worse by his actions (tariffs etc...). Yet, all of a sudden, everything about the economy is great when it was somehow terrible under Obama. 45% unemployment suddenly became 4%. Obama was doing a terrible job, yet somehow Trump was doing a great job before he had actually done anything that would affect the economy (prior to tariffs, tax bill).

Obama did a reasonably good job even though there are things both liberals and sensible conservatives can complain about. Just as there would be with any president. His actions as president were nowhere near so catastrophic to justify damaging the country to such a degree by electing Trump. If any president or party could do such a shitty job that it would cause voters to do something extreme it would be the current GOP and Trump. Luckily for the US and the world, the dems won't nominate someone as unqualified and ill-prepared as Trump for 2020.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2018-12-03 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Is it domestic terrorism if let's say, the military sides with him and allows him to stay in power indefinitely?

That's all it would take.
    No, it’s a dictatorship. Good thing for us, is that all the republicans in the FBI and CIA, are democrats on the Trump political scale.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The actions of Obama didn't lead to Trump. The two biggest factors (prior to the election season) was democracy being perverted by republicans and a grossly misinformed republican voter base. If I had to tack on a third it would be Obama being half black. It brought a lot of racism to the surface that was gradually fading away as older people die off.
    The actions of Obama, or lack of actions can be part of that story. The economics of the recovery where not evenly felt and many critical areas electorally have been left to rot. I am unsure why that doesn't fit into your broad analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Like in the shower cause he's older? Falls are serious business for old people. Hopefully this wont happen until after hes done his inevitable second run in 2024 , im sure hes got a nice shower with rails and such though
    Yeah, but knowing Trump, the rails will be made of gold and that’s a very pliable metal. After all, that’s what we blue collar, common folk would do.

- - - Updated - - -

The actions of Obama, or lack of actions can be part of that story. The economics of the recovery where not evenly felt and many critical areas electorally have been left to rot. I am unsure why that doesn't fit into your broad analysis.
    Bullshit... if this were true, there would be outrage over Trump’s tax cut, by the same people who voted for Trump. Trump being voted in due to economic anxiety has been proven to be a lie numerous times. It’s as real as 45% unemployment in 2016... it makes absolutely no sense.

Edit: For fucks sake, who did it disproportionately go to assist? It couldn’t be Trump’s bankruptcy? It couldn’t have been the guy who became a star on the “your fired” slogan, as people were getting laid off in record numbers. No... economic anxiety leading to Trump, has to be in the top 5 lies of this young century.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious why you seperate Bush, Clinton and Obama as seperate entities breaking one another, I argue they are all stops on the road to Trump.
    People who don’t understand the difference between the 3, would believe exactly that.

Edit: As I keep saying, the thing that makes Trump possible, is failed education system, that results in everyone getting first place.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-12-03 at 10:10 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It certainly plays a part, but it would be far down on my list of reasons why Trump won.

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly plays a part, but it would be far down on my list of reasons why Trump won.
    Economic recovery not being felt evenly being a reason, implies that Trump voters are blind. Which seems to be the case... they did vote a NYC oligarch, to stop coastal elites from taking power. I think better of Trump voters and go with it being a cover for something they are too smart to admit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish with all sincerity I enjoyed your level of certainness of the Goodness of my political cause and the blamelessness with which I wish it had that you clearly ascribe to your own.

But I kinda feel like this is getting into Dinesh D'souza levels of apologia.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish with all sincerity I enjoyed your level of certainness of the Goodness of my political cause and the blamelessness with which I wish it had that you clearly ascribe to your own.

But I kinda feel like this is getting into Dinesh D'souza levels of apologia.
    This has no meaning. You are not saying anything.

As for unity, unity around what and to what purpose? Many fixate on unity, unification and not being divided, but clearly we don't like one another, we revile one another and have radically different views on life and purpose.
    We've tried uniting around an ambiguous sense of monotheism a couple times before, which ended horribly, and probably wouldn't even work any more as other demographics rise in popularity.

As a massive cynic, I look at the state of our government and history and wonder if this is just inevitable. Every system of government falls victim to the fact that humans suck. The people who want power the most need to have the least of it, as such power-crazed people are more than willing to lie, cheat, and steal to get as much of it as possible. This has been the downfall of every government, and I worry ours has just taken a while because we have the power split among so many people.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-12-03 at 11:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    We've tried uniting around an ambiguous sense of monotheism a couple times before, which ended horribly, and probably wouldn't even work any more as other demographics rise in popularity.

As a massive cynic, I look at the state of our government and history and wonder if this is just inevitable. Every system of government falls victim to the fact that humans suck. The people who want power the most need to have the least of it, as such power-crazed people are more than willing to lie, cheat, and steal to get as much of it as possible. This has been the downfall of every government, and I worry ours has just taken a while because we have the power split among so many people.
    To me, for the United States the danger is always that it is at least partially an ideological State. I.E. the downside of being a Nation founded on ideas is that ideas have a habit of being wrong and easily deconstructed and knocked down. Look at the Soviet Union.

Civil war in the USA? I really want what some of ya'll are smoking. The government is way too centralized, its citizens way too comfortable, and political violence is way too unthinkable to the vast majority of the country for that to ever happen in our lifetimes.

As for Trump, once he leaves, the cleanup begins. I foresee that many Republicans will act as if they never liked him anyway and the next President will demolish via EOs much of what he built, such as it is. The judicial nominations will be his only lasting legacy, and it's not like he didn't do what any GOP President would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As a massive cynic, I look at the state of our government and history and wonder if this is just inevitable. Every system of government falls victim to the fact that humans suck..

So the clear solution is to create proper AI and put it in charge. No humans, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Civil war in the USA? I really want what some of ya'll are smoking. The government is way too centralized, its citizens way too comfortable, and political violence is way too unthinkable to the vast majority of the country for that to ever happen in our lifetimes.

As for Trump, once he leaves, the cleanup begins. I foresee that many Republicans will act as if they never liked him anyway and the next President will demolish via EOs much of what he built, such as it is. The judicial nominations will be his only lasting legacy, and it's not like he didn't do what any GOP President would do.
    If the Democrats have any balls, they will pack the courts to remove that legacy and investigate and remove Kavanaugh for his history with a proper investigation which the Republicans and Trump refused to do.

The lower courts, yeah. That will be Mitch's legacy, not Trumps. He screwed the nation for almost a decade to keep them seats open.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    So the clear solution is to create proper AI and put it in charge. No humans, no problem.
    The problem with AI, is that they might come to the same conclusion as you did... No humans, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trump will make it to the end of his term. The next president will pardon him.

If Trump wins a second term, that will surprise me, but Trump has surprised me before.
    trump never won the presidency.

Y'all let them win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    trump never won the presidency.

Y'all let them win.
    Huh? He didn't win but someone let him win? That juxtaposition of sentences doesn't make sense.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? He didn't win but someone let him win? That juxtaposition of sentences doesn't make sense.
    It's a version of "You didn't win, I lost," an idiom used to attribute the outcome of any contest not to the power or skill of the winner, but the carelessness, bad luck, or suicide of the loser.

See: Trump's entire life, Dio Brando, Pat vs Woolie in Smash, that one time I got a date because the girl was too tired to say no*.

*not a real event
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    It's a version of "You didn't win, I lost," an idiom used to attribute the outcome of any contest not to the power or skill of the winner, but the carelessness, bad luck, or suicide of the loser.

See: Trump's entire life, Dio Brando, Pat vs Woolie in Smash, that one time I got a date because the girl was too tired to say no*.

*not a real event
    Ahh, well I agree mostly with that. Trump capitalized on a unique confluence of failures. Nothing he did was genius level politicking either, merely his opposition was so deranged it failed to even do basic things to win the contest.