Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The problem is that in vanilla getting gold is a lot harder than it has been in recent expansions. So most noobs won't be flooded with money to buy carries.
    He is talking about using your live account getting on a Discord to organize the transaction then get the carry in Classic.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Clearing MC is not what it's about. Its about getting server 1st in BWL. Noone is going to sell you a piece that they need, and they will need for a LONG TIME.
    Or.... they sell MC boost for retail gold (like I said) and use the retail gold to prep themselves and their guild for new raids on retail. I don't think top retail guilds care about getting server first classic over n getting server first on retail......

For myself classic will only exist as a gold making opportunity.

Is it ok? Meh.. questionable. I mean if its with gold earned in game then its just economics of the game as long as your credit card doesn't get you the carry from Blizzard. If its for real money even if its from Blizzard or off game sites then its shit. The difference between this games though is even if say you got ALL the plate from a MC it doesn't mean you are walking away with a ton of gear. Might only get a piece or two. Then guilds even clearing BWL might still have some pieces they want from MC because you are gearing 40 people with very limited drops. It makes things more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Or.... they sell MC boost for retail gold (like I said) and use the retail gold to prep themselves and their guild for new raids on retail. I don't think top retail guilds care about getting server first classic over n getting server first on retail......

Yeah well if you create a guild solely for the purpose of boosting - sure it can be done.
    I have a really hard time imagining it actually happening though. There is tons of money to be made boosting in retail, you really don't have to branch out to classic to do it.

He's right. Blizzard doesn't support it. But they do allow it.
    I mean they've admitted they are ok with it and there isn't anything against it? Do you want Blizzard to make an auction house like UI Element for buying it? In this sense then buying items from players outside the AH isn't supported, either.

you'll be able to do it without getting banned since any decent boosting places would have you get boosted by accounts that don't collect any gold, accounts would boost and other accounts would collect gold. so from blizzards end they would see you trade gold for something and not be sure what. they can obviously figure it out to a good degree of certainty but that's not proof of anything so they wouldn't likely action your account. that being said you would be able to get scammed fairly easily this way since they likely won't support this kind of trade, so the smart thing to do would be to break up the boost where you pay them for every 10 levels they get you or something so you don't pay for 60 levels and end up with nothing but your dick in your hand.

It takes long time to gear 40 man so prepare to wait long time before seeing anyone to selling any boost

Deleted
    If it were up to me i'd perma ban people or groups selling ingame boosts.

So you're gonna spend about 10 days/played to get to 60 on classic, and hope you find other people with the same interest in gold making as you? Sounds like a lousy plan, unless your guild/friends share the same mindset.
    It's not like you create a toon on classic, lvl it up over the weekend and start boosting. It will take a month(s) to just get ready, and even then most people wont be close to 60 and ready to buy boosts (well except dungeon boosts for lvling I guess, which sounds awefully inefficient.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    If it were up to me i'd perma ban people or groups selling ingame boosts.
    Why? How does it affect you?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Almost 13-14 fucking years i never have seen boost till now it's becoming Fire widespread to sell for golds or *RMT*, I never like the ideas of them doing it. It feels like they are ruining the game experience for it.
    that's cause they are

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Almost 13-14 fucking years i never have seen boost till now it's becoming Fire widespread to sell for golds or *RMT*, I never like the ideas of them doing it. It feels like they are ruining the game experience for it.
    Boosts have been a thin since Vanilla, same as bots, buying gold, buying accounts etc.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    It takes long time to gear 40 man so prepare to wait long time before seeing anyone to selling any boost
    I'm mainly talking about MC though and you don't need to much raid gear to clear MC.

Mainly because the first couple months of Classic will be where all the hype is centered at and that will be the best opportunity to sell boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I doubt any guild is going to be selling MC loot for awhile. They have 50+ people to gear up with two pieces of loot dropping each boss.
    You don't need to be MC geared to clear MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    What?.... Blizzard is perfectly fine with people buying in game services with in-game gold... I don't know where you got that from? Do you mean they don't provide a platform for it?
    No, i mean EXACTLY what i said, word for word. They do not support it. At all.

How convenient: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...s-be-cheating/

Doesn't make sense to me TBH. So you and your mates are going to put the time and effort into leveling up to 60 to sell one batch of MC runs a week for a couple months? Knowing that you won't be getting the gear to be able to sell BWL runs later? And knowing you won't be able to sell AQ after that and Naxx after that?

Whatever floats your boat dude, but if you wanted more retail gold/hour of effort you would just sell +10's in BfA. I think that would be true even if raid locking in vanilla didn't completely limit your ability to sell carries (unlike retail.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Adding to that the unknown: 1.12 Class tuning with no corresponding raid tuning would pretty much allow you to boost 10 people.
    Even a year before 1.12 everyone was boosting 10 people because that's the amount of guys in your raid that had no clue which buttons to push or were afk anyway.

I am very sure that serious guilds will go into MC/BWL with 20 players to gear faster. Classic bosses don't scale so you can boost people from the very start, tell them they can afk, probably don't get any loot but if they do they only have to pay per item. But players who buy boosts will be a couple IDs behind before being 60 anyway so boosting raids are geared already.

That said, selling mythic+ will be much more time efficient = more gold per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Its allowed as stated in the blue post. I take the comment as not supporting it as they don't have in game mechanism for it (outside of trade chat anyway).

Anyway nobody is going to get banned for selling runs for gold just like nobody is going to get their gold back from a scammer. But this is vanilla and getting a bad reputation will have an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Think the confusion here is the difference between supported and allowed. Eon Drache seems to be talking about what is allowed, while you talk about what is supported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Its allowed as stated in the blue post. I take the comment as not supporting it as they don't have in game mechanism for it (outside of trade chat anyway).

Anyway nobody is going to get banned for selling runs for gold just like nobody is going to get their gold back from a scammer. But this is vanilla and getting a bad reputation will have an impact.
    It's not supported as in if you get scammed and lose 300k gold because the boost was a scam, Blizzard will simply tell you "tough luck kid, dont trust strangers online".

And people actually do get banned for it from time to time, mostly as huge gold transferes can look rather shady and might look like actual gold selling instead of boosting.
    They usually get solved after a conversation and a look at chat logs though. Usually.

TL ; DR - huge gold transferes are a risky buisiness, and Blizzard can literally do what ever the fuck they want with your account, as they got every right to ban you for what ever they want to. It is after all, their account, you're just renting it.

OT: I don't think selling runs in Classic will be as huge as on retail, simply because of no achievements. In Classic you won't get into Pugs because of a single clear, you will get into pugs because of your reputation and having correct gear (right amount of hit etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Think the confusion here is the difference between supported and allowed. Eon Drache seems to be talking about what is allowed, while you talk about what is supported.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not supported as in if you get scammed and lose 300k gold because the boost was a scam, Blizzard will simply tell you "tough luck kid, dont trust strangers online".

This. I just thought it was widely known and accepted.

The prices for MC clears with loot funneled in the first couple months of classic will go for outrageous prices I suspect.
    Where exactly will that gold be created from again?