Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has EA lost their mind? EA attacks fans and accuse THEM of trying to rewrite history

EA / DICE hosted a launch party recently in which they gathered a bunch of journalist "wingers" to praise their release, and, to pretty much stomp on everyone who didn't buy the game with a hearty laugh. I don't even know if the journalists are right or left, but they are certainly goofy wingers. The victims laughed at were those who expressed concerns as to where EA was heading.

Their catch tag is (was) #everyonesbattlefield.

Their slogan is Feminism Ruins Everything, Feminazies Are Trying to Rewrite History.

In the past months, after getting a huge amount of seemingly bad press, EA called social media game fans Uneducated.

Now after getting served with actual facts, they are still pushing their SJW agenda. Their agenda being they are right, everyone else is wrong. History is wrong. Get educated. Buy our game. Wha?

EA is digging their own grave, if they expect the new Anthem to fly off shelves. I really don't get what they are trying to do. They are pissing all over their customer base. Most know EA was already shitty, but some may still be willing to buy a decent game ... but .. really?

Agreeably, the EA launch was buried the best that it could, but leaks happen.

General news article:
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/464567-battlefield-5-launch-party-criticisms

Video:

On the video, the past events leading to where we are now are from 0:00 - 6:00 ... the new dirt on EA is from 6:00+.

It exploded on Reddit too if anyone enjoys more reaction reading, with umm lots of comments
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-05 at 03:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are they accusing fans of trying to rewrite history?

Are you talking about this comment?

Their slogan is Feminazies Are Trying to Rewrite History.
    1, That is only half of the statement.

2, It doesn't mean what you seem to think it means
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I do not like his flashing xmas tree. The light annoys me.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Where are they accusing fans of trying to rewrite history?

Are you talking about this comment?

1, That is only half of the statement.

2, It doesn't mean what you seem to think it means
    Does it mean DICE/EA is celebrating their failure to encapsulate trust with their products?

*fixed the slogan, thx
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-05 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First I'd like to admit I'm almost entirely ignorant to the details of this. All I've heard is that EA put a woman in the new Battlefield game or something and everyones lost their shit over it. I didn't think it was still a thing going on until this thread.

Is it really that big a deal? What caused the uproar to reach this level? From the sound of this EA is responding poorly, but it started because a bunch of nerds got salty that there was a woman in their game? It's EA, before anything they want money, and trying to reach more audiences isn't really a bad idea in that regard, but like I said I don't know any details so have they said anything that lead to this "It's all SJWs fault they're ruining our games" and not just EA trying to make money?

Lol, yet another thing added to the list of pointless shit that insecure conservatives are crying about. "They added women as playable characters in this video game series that's never been remotely historically accurate? Fucking SJWs ruin everything!" Let's not judge a game based on its mechanics or how well it plays, let's just get outraged over the very presence of another gender choice that nobody's forcing us to play as while we claim that liberals are the simpering crybabies!

OP and everybody else spewing mock outrage over this are fucking low T dweebs like the pastey moron in the attached video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    First I'd like to admit I'm almost entirely ignorant to the details of this. All I've heard is that EA put a woman in the new Battlefield game or something and everyones lost their shit over it. I didn't think it was still a thing going on until this thread.

Is it really that big a deal? What caused the uproar to reach this level? From the sound of this EA is responding poorly, but it started because a bunch of nerds got salty that there was a woman in their game? It's EA, before anything they want money, and trying to reach more audiences isn't really a bad idea in that regard, but like I said I don't know any details so have they said anything that lead to this "It's all SJWs fault they're ruining our games" and not just EA trying to make money?
    Women served in the military in some countries, during some battles (and thank you women!). Having women involved wasn't a big issue overall .. but ...

A huge backlash issue involved EA rewriting historical WWII events, by replacing groups of male commando's with women. Calling the operations by name, specifying the location and countries involved, while disrespecting all those indivuals who were actually involved, for EA's political agenda campaign.

For an extra buck or two.

The folks who died for the freedom you enjoy are the heroes, not EA. People are calling out BS.

If EA would like to do an alternate dimension, such as they did with Red Alert, it would have gone over better. But they are selling to people interested in the WWII era. It didn't fly.

Having EA mocking fan responses doesn't seem good for business. Which is why I asked if EA lost their minds?
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-12-05 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

There is always that group that will complain about a woman in the game, just like there is always an opposing group that will scream and cry about "diversity" when all they want really is to push their social ideology on one another.

Where the problem lies is that EA made a really bad game. I have played it, it really is lack luster. So EA uses those trigger issues calling the fanbase misogynist and bigots, as the blame for the games terrible performance. The guy in the vlog hits on the head when hen implies that these are all deflect tactics by EA. The game is not good and EA just kept stirring the pot, and people fall for it hook line and sinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Having EA mocking fan responses doesn't seem good for business. Which is why I asked if EA lost their minds?
    Maybe they just don't care about losing fans who would get upset over it? I mean the people I have been watching play battlefield for years are happy with bf5 so far.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Maybe they just don't care about losing fans who would get upset over it? I mean the people I have been watching play battlefield for years are happy with bf5 so far.
    Sure, that's why game had 50% percent sale on the second week after release.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

If you say so. Only time I actually hear about EA's "failures" is on this site.

Last I checked a lot of their games are constantly in the top seller lists because they have the lucative sports IPs which getting the rights too is about as likely as winning lotto

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Thats only box sales.

They released a special digital version before launch with early access.

But yes, sales are probably still down but to claim for certain it's 50% without knowing all the numbers is "fake news"

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats only box sales.

They released a special digital version before launch with early access.

But yes, sales are probably still down but to claim for certain it's 50% without knowing all the numbers is "fake news"
    He said the game went on sale for 50% off its first week

EA will send jedi and sith after you!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Mocking the gamergaters losing their minds over FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLESSSSSSSSSSSS in their video games? This is the first time in years I'm actually applauding EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    A game went on a 50% sale the week of Cyber Monday (and only at Target, who historically discounts heavily to drive holiday shoppers to their stores)? I'm shocked! The fact that they held a press conference making fun of you tools is every perfect example that they don't give a shit if you remain a customer or not. Battlefield 5 had a rocky beta and a lot of technical glitches, which for anybody that's a long-time fan of the series got their fill of with Battlefield 4. Not surprised sales are down, but it's not for the reason you or OP believe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR A bunch of idiots who have never been to war are mad at a video game because they have nothing else to do with their time.

He never shows cause and effect. He shows valid proof that game the game didn't sell well, and then he never even attempts to show how women in BF caused the lower sales. Hell maybe it sold less than expected because they didn't have pick elephants in it.

This guy is a classic example of a youtube who rides controversy for views. Just look at his video titles:
    Dice blows it on the very first patch,
    Epic goes to war with steam,
    Bethesda just ended baggate
    Gamestop is in major trouble
    EA & dice mock battlefield V Fans
    Rockstar lied about red dead online micro transactions
    Banned for life from Fallout 76

His content is garbage and is there purely for his income.

So incels are still mad that women play games, eh? Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaenhearts View Post
    A game went on a 50% sale the week of Cyber Monday (and only at Target, who historically discounts heavily to drive holiday shoppers to their stores)?
    Right after release and when several other AAA titles that were released earlier weren't discounted. And I'm not pretending that controversy was the only (or even main) reason game sales flopped, it's just funny they mock players instead of focusing on making good game in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though