15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Only followed the game on twitter, so no idea how they looked, but Washington really got blasted with injuries this season. They looked quite good there for a bit and then their O-line went down, part of their defense, then Alex Smith, and now their back up QB. Going to be a mighty game of "what could have been" in D.C. this winter and spring.
    It's a shame. They looked like a legit one and done playoff contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Only followed the game on twitter, so no idea how they looked, but Washington really got blasted with injuries this season. They looked quite good there for a bit and then their O-line went down, part of their defense, then Alex Smith, and now their back up QB. Going to be a mighty game of "what could have been" in D.C. this winter and spring.
    I only joined Twitter for Sports Twitter..........and I still hate it. It's toxic still (though you can find good analysis around and all the breaking news seems to come to Twitter), but it's about a game which doesn't ultimately matter, which makes it even worse. I can't imagine being a player and being on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I only joined Twitter for Sports Twitter..........and I still hate it. It's toxic still (though you can find good analysis around and all the breaking news seems to come to Twitter), but it's about a game which doesn't ultimately matter, which makes it even worse. I can't imagine being a player and being on Twitter.
    you need you some seahawks twitter

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/3...source=twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird Celtics twitter is the shit. Football twitter is pretty dull by comparison. Mostly interesting for local beat writers who keep advanced metrics in mind and who disect plays every so often.

I actually got on twitter initially so I could follow all the Warcraft devs, but they blew that up after about a year. By then twitter had it's hooks in me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    It's a shame. They looked like a legit one and done playoff contender.
    Indeed, we were all denied the chance to see them lose to a wild card team at home, curse those injuries!
    /s

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The sooner they pulled the trigger the sooner they could start interviewing replacements. Waiting too long can create a situation where the best fit is already signed elsewhere. There would have been no benefit to keeping him longer.
    Depends on who you consider the best.

The trend i've seen is coordinators in playoff teams are usually at the top of the list, and there's rules in place concerning when they can interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From what I've heard they're also looking at college coaches.
    Rip Oklahoma if they target Lincoln Riley.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Rip Oklahoma if they target Lincoln Riley.
    Just so long as they don't target Urban Meyer....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Just so long as they don't target Urban Meyer....
    That would be pretty typical for Meyer. "Retire" only to take up a more prestigious job. I doubt even Meyer would only retire for like 2 months though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be pretty typical for Meyer. "Retire" only to take up a more prestigious job. I doubt even Meyer would only retire for like 2 months though.
    Eh he's already basically said he's not done coaching.

Also I'll add Nick Saban to that list. Seriously if any NFL team hires Saban they might actually supplant the Patriots as the Evil Empire of the NFL.

Oh yeah, reason I was here in the first place, Bills released Kelvin Benjamin. Third round pick down the drain.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bills released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes.......inb4 they're on the Pats roster in a couple weeks for, at the minimum, game intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has been the other thing that makes it difficult to evaluate Allen, poor receiver talent, though Zay Jones is improving.

- - - Updated - - -

Brandon Browner got 8 years in prison.
    /s

That has been the other thing that makes it difficult to evaluate Allen, poor receiver talent, though Zay Jones is improving.

- - - Updated - - -

Brandon Browner got 8 years in prison.
    I love that he played for the Pats for a year, just so I can chalk up another murderer to their team whenever someone mentions "The Patriot Culture."

CJ Anderson signed with the Raiders. I was hoping he would end up on a good team that could take advantage of how good he is late in the season, but nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that he played for the Pats for a year, just so I can chalk up another murderer to their team whenever someone mentions "The Patriot Culture."
    attempted murderer
    /s

Deleted
    49ers season is over. Long snapper Kyle Nelson suspended 10 (!) games for PED.

Why does a long snapper need PEDs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes.......inb4 they're on the Pats roster in a couple weeks for, at the minimum, game intelligence.
    This is the most separation Benjamin has had all year.

Weird Celtics twitter is the shit.
    hi mmochamp is janos

Emmanuel Sanders possibly tore his achilles. Lost the second best player on defense and best player on offense in a 4 day period.

ADenver's starting offense is interesting with all the injuries this year. The center was a starting guard, both guards were backup tackles, top 2 RBs are rookies, top 2 WRs rookies, 3rd WR is basically a rookie, starting TE was 3rd string and and barely made the team, and the QB is Keenum. Looks like the Chargers usually do at this point in the season, minus a good QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    attempted murderer
    Exactly, and Hernandez is technically an accused murderer cause upon his death the Mass. state judiciary nullified his sentence cause he'd had no appeal. So the Patriot Way doesn't boast any murderers at all. Any murder of your team the Pats commit is purely the game, so just get good.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    hi mmochamp is janos
    I have no idea how to even begin explaining that one. They have me about 80% convinced it's Danny Ainge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders possibly tore his achilles. Lost the second best player on defense and best player on offense in a 4 day period.

ADenver's starting offense is interesting with all the injuries this year. The center was a starting guard, both guards were backup tackles, top 2 RBs are rookies, top 2 WRs rookies, 3rd WR is basically a rookie, starting TE was 3rd string and and barely made the team, and the QB is Keenum. Looks like the Chargers usually do at this point in the season, minus a good QB.
    Sanders being out would suck cause he's the reliable pass catcher the defense has to respect and game plan for. That has it's trickle down effects on the rest of the offense, and perhaps most on Lindsay who could be facing some heavy box looks now.