Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    WoD's garrisons, the centerpiece of their non-raiding content, was boring as hell.
    Tanaan was boring as hell.

Compared to those, even Warfronts and Islands feel fun.
    That's your opinion. I enjoyed WoD 3-4 months. It was a good expansion up until selfie-patch. If that patch had proper content, WoD would get a clear 7 from me. WoTLK being 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah seeing how expansions get worse and worse, no wonder this is the "trend" ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) People want the lesser shit back.
    Except Legion was the best xpac so far in WoW's history.We've been going hit-miss-hit-miss-hit-miss(so far)- ever since Wrath

Air-headed response by that blue as it basically comes down to 'we don't care about the feedback you are giving'.
    At least pretend to be unbiased.

There's a pathfinder thread on the front page right now I just came from. It's still less than 10 pages long and we've already had a "flying should be bought from the training as soon as you hit level cap" post and a "flying should be removed from the game entirely" post. Which piece of feedback should Blizzard listen to? They can't win if they listen to either, they can't win if they listen to neither and pick a third option, like pathfinder. So, as I said, taking the existence of a complaint as proof that something is actually wrong is meaningless, and there will be someone who will find something wrong with everything and will, of course, want the game to comply with their wishes. Most people are mature enough to accept this won't happen, though.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    More than half of those WoD achievements are mission table and work order shit. Literally click a button to get a shiny pop-up. Lol.
    This is not true on so many levels, and you know it.

For me the start of BFA looks like the end of WoD, but even if both of periods were the worse, for me the end of WoD was fun to play, cuz for me as for non PVE player class gameplay & mechanics were better in WoD. And i still have some sweet memories about this time.

Now we have Legion 2.0 on 640x480 with (really, now mechanics are boring than ever been) boring gameplay with boring warfronts, AI, w/q and other shit.

BUT DON'T GIVE UP FOLKS, we HAVE NEW PETS AND TOYS ON SALE.
    GO BLIZZARD! We still didn't find the bottom of this game :/

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Yeah, right:

In addition to the fact that crafting was worthwhile.
    Need to keep in mind that all the 'gain revered with this faction' just meant you had to run the associated dungeons on normal a bunch of times. I hear lots of complaints that "having to do the same thing on a higher difficulty isn't new content." Also several 'complete this dungeon/on heroic' are required several times in a few places.

Though I will thank you for that blast from the past. Attunements are brutal back then. Just getting the Kara key was a chore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Except Legion was the best xpac so far in WoW's history.We've been going hit-miss-hit-miss-hit-miss(so far)- ever since Wrath
    That's what YOU think. Legion was better than BfA - objectively? - but I, for one didn't like it. Legion as the best expac is more of a meme as I see it. After wod's 2nd part no wonder people appreciated basically anything happenning in the game.

Best not to argue with the mindless haters. Just nod your head when they scream "WoD had nothing to do but raid, literally nothing, everything else was 'not content' and an entire patch was entirely the selfie stick and nothing more, I'm gonna ignore your link to the patch that showed it actually had a ton of stuff in it.'

I already stopped playing WoD 2 weeks into the expansion, so BfA already has that over it. Not to mention in these 2 weeks the servers were completely fucked and even my garbage realm had multiple hour long queues. BfA still has the chance to release a decent patch. Even though I admit that seems unlikely, since apparently Blizzard now operates on a fixed budget..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Best not to argue with the mindless haters. Just nod your head when they scream "WoD had nothing to do but raid, literally nothing, everything else was 'not content' and an entire patch was entirely the selfie stick and nothing more, I'm gonna ignore your link to the patch that showed it actually had a ton of stuff in it.'
    WoD deserves all the criticism after ~6 months into it, but the starter experience wasn't that bad, for me anyways. Compared to BfA. Compared to any other expansion before wod, wod was slightly worse for me. Still better than Legion or BfA. But I'm really not into this "modern wow" we have since Legion. To some extent, WoD falls into this era too.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    At least pretend to be unbiased.

There's a pathfinder thread on the front page right now I just came from. It's still less than 10 pages long and we've already had a "flying should be bought from the training as soon as you hit level cap" post and a "flying should be removed from the game entirely" post. Which piece of feedback should Blizzard listen to? They can't win if they listen to either, they can't win if they listen to neither and pick a third option, like pathfinder. So, as I said, taking the existence of a complaint as proof that something is actually wrong is meaningless, and there will be someone who will find something wrong with everything and will, of course, want the game to comply with their wishes. Most people are mature enough to accept this won't happen, though.
    We are all biased. All feedback comes from vocal minorities. Some feedback isn't helpful, some provides insights or valid critiques.
    You don't have to listen to 'Flying Suxx' or 'Flying Roxx' besides noticing it is an expression of emotion about a perceived outcome.
    You can however have feedback that at least shows you understand the designs as implemented (e.g. this is where most of the anti-TF feedback fails), but you reason why you don't agree with the tradeoffs, or you agree with the intentions but see how the system as implemented perverts the original goals (e.g. Warmode).

You happen to link your calendar, ofc. I wouldn't know just from the icons alone. But if you actually look what all those icons are, you see it's just stuff like "do a mission", "do 20 missions", "do 100 missions", "do an exploration mission", "do a treasure mission", "do a work order at the jewel hut", "do 20 work orders at the jewel hut", "do a work order at the barn" and so on and so on.

I mean, as much as I think it's silly to consider this an actual content, I think blizz should take a lesson and make you obtain an achievement for literally every menial thing you do, imagine how fulfilling the professions would be if you got an achievement for crafting a potion, crafting 10 potions, crafting 100 potions, getting a 10+ proc when crafting a potion, getting 10 10+ procs when crafting a potion, same with flasks, then with armors and weapons, achievements for epic procs and whatnot, fuck I cba typing it all out but I'm sure you know what I mean - everything is an achievement, just like in WoD.

BFA but I still think Legion was worse than BFA.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.
    The OP didn't specify a specific point in WoD's release. WoD as of 6.2 was/is better than current BFA (and nothing coming in 8.1 looks to change that).

That's what YOU think. Legion was better than BfA - objectively? - but I, for one didn't like it. Legion as the best expac is more of a meme as I see it. After wod's 2nd part no wonder people appreciated basically anything happenning in the game.
    Ofc it is what I think. I know there are people that feel Legion was the worst.
    But it wasn't just a 'after WoD everything would be better'. I truly feel the mechanisms introduced in Legion, such as M+ and TF, are realy good. I still love and miss the Legendaries and the added gameplay it introduced (on the fly switchable impactful talents). I liked the pace of the significant content releases.

BfA can be seen as a second take, but misses on a lot of points. Pruning specs instead of redesigning them, the stupidity of the Warmode incentives, the uninspiring Azerite gear, no tier sets, no gear swaps in M+, the professions devaluation .... Still better than WoD though. Having a better spec design but then just sitting in a Garrison all day clicking on mission tables ....

WoD without a doubt. WoD was good for 2 groups, those that want to make a ton of easy gold and those that just want to raid. Pretty much everyone else was SOL.

I may not care for BFA, but BFA's problems are basically that it's just a modified version of Legion. The good parts of Legion in BFA are now stale, and some of the new stuff ( IE and Warfronts) are basically features that didn't work all that well in previous expansions. Couple that with classes being even more boring to play and it just feels like less even if it's the same.

BFA is basically on the level of Cata, too much time spent on content most don't really care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    You happen to link your calendar, ofc. I wouldn't know just from the icons alone. But if you actually look what all those icons are, you see it's just stuff like "do a mission", "do 20 missions", "do 100 missions", "do an exploration mission", "do a treasure mission", "do a work order at the jewel hut", "do 20 work orders at the jewel hut", "do a work order at the barn" and so on and so on.

I mean, as much as I think it's silly to consider this an actual content, I think blizz should take a lesson and make you obtain an achievement for literally every menial thing you do, imagine how fulfilling the professions would be if you got an achievement for crafting a potion, crafting 10 potions, crafting 100 potions, getting a 10+ proc when crafting a potion, getting 10 10+ procs when crafting a potion, same with flasks, then with armors and weapons, achievements for epic procs and whatnot, fuck I cba typing it all out but I'm sure you know what I mean - everything is an achievement, just like in WoD.

The reason I linked the calendar is because when you collect achieves, you specifically go for achieves, especially when a new expac releases. New expac release is like christmas for an achiever/colector, things to do outside for months. BfA has mission table achieves as well, but I don't have any of them. You know why? Because you get the achieve for specific mission completes, which has a chance to spawn. It's not hard, you just have to check the missions couple of times a day. You know what's the problem with this? I AM NOT SUBBED. And I won't keep my sub running only to wait for certain missions to spawn. Because all the other aspects of the game don't interest me (to be more specific: I would like to engage with them, but it just doesn't worth the time, they were intentionally designed shitty) So while yes, WoD has had some mission achieves (I guess you are mistaking the building achieves into these as well), the other aspects of the game were interesting enough for me to click on the buttons in my free time, and go out and farm other stuff. So like farming out all the reps took me 3-5 days, farming toys, explore the world, do those outdoor achieves etc all took time. Pet leveling (all my pets to rare and level 25). It is all time spent in game. Farming FOR invasions to spawn, then farming all the garrison boss mounts. TIME. In game. Engagement. You can clearly see my engagement level with BfA on the calendar. I farmed out all the professions, outdoor content, exploration etc stuff, then I checked out the islands and the reward structure and I was like, yeah fuck this. And fuck WQs. And fuck the necklace too. But then what else is there for a non raider*? Islands could be it if they wee not designed obnoxiously. In wod I could level alts, I had a dozen level 100 chars, many hunters just to farm mounts in older raids. Do you think I will level an alt with this leveling system which they intend to nerf back? No way. So now the only thing for me is to wait till blizz get their shit together, if it happens at all.................... 8.1 doesn't seem like getting shit together.

*the reason why I don't raid is not because I am a noob or incapable, but because in legion "fuck the artifacts", is the same in bfa "fuck the necklace". Not doing it.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-12-07 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Well I actually really enjoyed WoD Raids and WoD class design, so it's a WoD from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    WoD classes were still mostly fun. BfA classes aren't. When the vessel we experience all content through is bad, it barely matters how good the content is. Not that most BfA content is particularly fun in itself, unfortunately.

Also do you just not know what's releasing next week or are you being intentionally misleading? We're getting a few quests and a warfront. That's maybe equivalent to the non-raid content of WoD patches at best, but that still puts next week's BfA 2 raids(3 good raids) behind WoD.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-12-07 at 09:00 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Can't believe I'm saying it, but BFA is worse so far for me. The only saving grace for WoD to me is that it had a glyph system that gave the smallest respite of character customization in an otherwise shallow husk of a game. Now my class has less than depth than Legion (which makes my class feel utterly incomplete) and no gameplay-altering glyph system.

They're both absolutely horrid as far as Fire Mage class design goes though. Legion, once you had all the bells and whistles, was the best it'd been since MoP; that being said, it's still been severely lacking compared to the golden era though.

The only thing I log on for now (and the past month+) is a weekly +10 in the hopes that I might get an upgrade (lol). I still had tons of stuff to do in WoD, old content wise. Nothing left that's worthwhile to me now.