Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    About that superior class design in WoD...

And it didn't go much better even in live

Depends on what 8.2 looks like, to know if they're really pulling a WoD, and if they abandon it to pour all resources into their next expansion like WoD-Legion. Problem is, if they do that, then I will know that's what they do, and I will never play the game again.

That said, at least WoD still had the main fundamental thing that affects most every aspect of the game...non-pruned, engaging classes. I still remember playing that Primastic Shard Frost Mage, which was annoying, but man it was fun. The current classes, outside of a select few that are still a bit more engaging than the rest (WW monk comes to mind), it completely ruins a lot of the game for me, ESPECIALLY when the main part of the game for me is raiding and M+
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Personally I disliked WoD the most. The whole 'alternate universe that is somehow in a different time, but somehow not, but sometimes again' made it feel frigging inconsequential in the long run.

Deleted
    BfA.

WoD was a disaster but at least you could have fun when you travel back to Pandaria or even the earlier parts of Azeroth, if you had unfinished business. In BfA not even THAT is fun because the classes are so boring to play it would be more appropriate for Blizzard to pay US for playing.

If we had MoP class design and this would be the first ime we saw the: 'Let's unite against the evil Warchief' this could maybe work. But like this? Nope. This is the lowest point of WoW for me.

I honestly think people forget how awful WoD was because it's been a while now. There was genuinely a lack of content and of the little content that was there, there was no reason to do it. M+, emissaries and world quests weren't even a thing. On the other hand, WoD also had that feeling of lost content potential e.g. Shattrath raid, capital cities, Farahlon. BFA never had that potential in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Get real, people.
    It's not all about the content. While WoD was crappy; at least the pruning wasn't as big as it is now. Classes at least made fun. Yes, WoD was a shitshow, but compared to now, it was at least a shitshow where classes still made fun.

Now look at Shadow Priest or Shaman or whatever: pruned everything out in Legion for the Artefact-Weapons, then Pruned the whole Artefact out and Pruned more and now we have the crappy 6 button class in WoW.

No thank you, i rather have the boredom of WoD than the overall crappyness of BfA.

And Content: The whole BfA-Theme is a themepark for the whole crappy Alliance vs Horde - crapfest that failed EVERYTIME; but blizzard is refusing to give up.

Cataclysm was there with the whole Alliance vs Horde - crap in the old zones: FAILURE
    MoP was there with Jade Forest thematic, 5.3 with the barrens-thing and 5.4 with Siege of Orgrimmar: FAILURE (nobody talks about this when they think of MoP; rather than Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle, Farm and Klaxxi; sadly the last also burned in the last raid
    WoD had all this too; just that they took the Horde of the Past, changed it into the "iron horde" and made an expansion out of it: FAILURE.
    Now we have BfA, a straight-forward alliance vs horde-expansion: right now an UTTERLY FAILURE. Maybe the content not related to alliance vs horde can save at least the story of the expansion, but i doubt it.

But all in all: yes, i know since beta that BfA will be an utterly failure and far worse than BfA, but nearly nobody believed it. Now it shown that compared to BfA, WoD was a fabulous expansion.

And sorry, but leveling in WoD far exceeded BfA in nearly everything: at least horde and alliance only had 1 faction specific zone instead of 3. And Gorgrond/Spires of Arak was maybe the best leveling experience i had since a long, long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man rose tinted goggles are great.
    1 post launch patch
    2 post launch raids
    selfie cam patch
    garrison
    yet people are suddenly saying it was good.. man o man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I honestly think people forget how awful WoD was because it's been a while now. There was genuinely a lack of content and of the little content that was there, there was no reason to do it. M+, emissaries and world quests weren't even a thing. On the other hand, WoD also had that feeling of lost content potential e.g. Shattrath raid, capital cities, Farahlon. BFA never had that potential in the first place.
    Its a thing called rose tinted goggles, unless something is literally traumatic, we like to remember only the good and not the bad of older things, why every current expansion is the "worst thing ever" and then suddenly a few years later "You know that was really good..."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Well I stayed subbed for most of WoD and have been unsubbed from BfA for a couple of months...and don’t see myself coming back before 8.2 at least since 8.1 looks like boring crap

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    well....i was still playing during WoD

and i liked how my classes played...so...

fuck i miss WoD

thats not good
    pretty much this

The thing with WoD, is that while it was a shitty xpac, how to fix it was very easy: add more content.

BfA has its content, which is incredible bad. I forgot how many weeks ago I stopped caring about capping isles, and after doing my first warfront on my main I knew I wasn't comming back to that shit again. The free 370 for a newly capped alter might sound good, but meh, not worthy the half an hour of induction to suicide that warfronts are.

At the end of the day, I'm only logging in to raid with my guild which is the same I did in Warlords, except for the fact that I loved how my class played in WoD, and every alter I had in WoD were funnier to play that any of the alts I have today. So for me WoD > BfA.

I played every single incarnation of world of warcraft with the exception of Cataclysm and to me BfA is the worst it has ever been. Bad Class desing > anything good BfA might come out with.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2018-12-07 at 12:56 PM.

BFA is just the result of people don't wanting another 14 months raid. 8.1 is kinda how the game should be launched. Still WOD was a lot worse.

by this time in WoD I was only logging in to raid.

bfa still has me doing other things.

anyone who says bfa is worse than wod is just a hipster.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    As things stand, they're both likely dominated by a similar team and are therefore sharing a number of "activities" that are brutally low in depth, and essentially pointless. Sadly, the class design is also poorer in this expansion, in general, which doesn't help.

Still, Warlords of Draenor is the worst. The promised housing became something that was laughably poor, so many of its promises were broken, and it was ludicrously short... With a ludicrously long conclusion following its final update.

Battle for Azeroth will actually need to work hard, and be deliberate, if it's to end up worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was really bad, but I enjoyed Ashran.
    In BfA I enjoyed nothing so far. Leveling the first char to 120 was the most exciting thing this xpac had to offer me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current expansion is always the worst, it's MMO-C rule.

Deleted
    WoD of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play during WoD, so I can't really comment. But BfA stinks like a skunk imho, and 8.1 is just "more of the same". In WoD, for what I've heard, there was little content, but it was actually good (in PvE, at least). In BfA, there is undeniably more content, but it all feels like a slugfest... Pick your poison
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I liked WoD only because I could level an alt in less than a few hours to max level using the garrison buffs and the wq areas. It was the last time I could farm for a cool pvp weapon. I loved trying to farm the rare spawn mounts. People would create a group and camp for over 12 hours for Poundfist. It was also the last time my class felt whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is objectively the worst. Over the entire expansion, all we got after launch was one raid, one zone, selfies, Mythic dungeons (credit where due, that at least was a good idea), and a disappointing reliance on treasure hunts and mindless grinds to earn rep (not that reps mattered worth a damn).

For all BFA's flaws, at least it's worth going out into the world to do stuff, dungeons are relevant for more than a week, reps matter, and there's more to do at level 120 than a couple raids and clicking menus to send NPCs out to play the game for you. And this is all in the launch patch, never mind the additional content coming in 8.1 (which will definitively push BFA over WoD in terms of sheer things to do).

Class design wise, I'd say both are about equally terrible.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

This is rather funny. When a bunch of us were saying that BFA was going to be worse than WOD during Alpha and "beta" we got ripped apart on the forums. And look where the game is now .

BFA is complete shit . Why they have not fired Ion is beyond me. I was positive that he was going to be gone by the first of the year. All this tells me is is that Blizzard is a complete mess. Its fine, Ill never buy another blizzard product again until they make some big changes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam