Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You know that's kind of a hard question to answer. WoD was really bad in a lot of ways but I mean BFA I played for less than a week and turned off my account

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    You know that's kind of a hard question to answer. WoD was really bad in a lot of ways but I mean BFA I played for less than a week and turned off my account
    A good indicator, perhaps, yes.

At this point it's clear that BfA apologists are vocal minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in WoD i atleast enjoyed playing my blood dk, Blood Breath of Sindragosa Iron Maiden main platform tanking never4get
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    Pretty much this. I refuse to label BFA as bad as WoD regardless unless they literally cut tons of content and give us something as bare-bones as the Selfie Patch. So far content looks to be treading along and broader than ever; even if there's 'more of it to hate'. I'm interested in their current wide net approach.
    Yup...because it's fun to hate!

Just look at how much hate MoP got, and now it's considered one of the more loved expansions.

I enjoyed WOD much better. Can't really put my finger on why, but I played WOD everyday for hours and BFA I'm already bored with.

WoD is like a masterpiece compared to BfA

I don't get people, WoD was the worst expansion Blizzard has ever made. Sure the art and music were great but there was literally nothing to do in the game. I can't remember an expansion that had me raid logging as hard. You'd jump on to raid and then I didn't even have the choice but to wait for the next reset. That combined with literally no new content for many months.

Both BFA and WoD had/have great art and music. BFA still has Mythic+ content and the raiding so far has been really solid (especially for the first raid tier). Azerite gear isn' that great, but WoD had nothing in terms of character progression outside of raids, you literally couldn't. Islands are a pretty big flop but have so much potential (random dungeons anyone?) but this feature still beats anything WoD had to offer *cough Garrisons*.

BFA could have been better, much better, and it most certainly will get better as time goes on.

Deleted
    Well content wise its hard to say, but WoD had 100x times better gearing system. The current one is just so terrible having no control whatsoever of what kind of gearing you are going for its really bad and it feels even worse.

Deleted
    at least wod turned the abilities to eleven, and there was multistrike which was a cool extra affix imo. also; spells, animations and models weren't full blizzneyvision yet so that's a big plus (I swear undead rog is unplayable because of these animation changes).

bfa just dialed everything back with pruned abilities and uglier spell effects and models then before. seriously, where is alter time for example?

I can't care less for pve, but pvp-wise i would choose wod anytime over bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post

Just look at how much hate MoP got, and now it's considered one of the more loved expansions.
    I've never seen this echoed as mainstream thought anywhere. What I have seen is people writing how much they liked Mists when it's being compared to other specific expansions that came after it.
    Noob Blocker share link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgD...ew?usp=sharing

I am not the original author of this addon.

I see a lot of people talking about false memories when it comes to WoD and for some people that may be true but i think for most people its about whats important to them.

2 key categories i see is class gameplay and content. If you value content over class gameplay or your class plays fine/better in BFA then WoD will still be worse. Problem is however most classes play worse in BfA then they did in WoD so you are seeing that negativity from there. If they were to somehow fix that then BfA would get better reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    I've never seen this echoed as mainstream thought anywhere. What I have seen is people writing how much they liked Mists when it's being compared to other specific expansions that came after it.
    I've seen it all over on these forums...I remember when it came out people were trashing it so much...going as far as to call it a Kung Fu Panda ripoff.

But now it's one of if not thee most favored post-WotLK expansions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD objectively had less content than BfA even in its final patch, but there's less in BfA that I actually want to do.

I don't care for a lot of the dungeons at high keys like I did in Legion. I don't like island expeditions at all; I think they need to cut the quest to 3 islands on heroic and 2 on mythic or something. The warfronts are alright for a once in a while thing; and then you have kind of a weekly Tanaan deal going on after it. That's maybe about it. I hate Azerite. It's not as smooth as Artifacts ended up being. You shouldn't notice a system like that in an RPG; it shouldn't be the focus of your attention. I don't like the split islands, particularly with the opposite faction's island being a complete story void for the most part with your random outposts with random NPCs scattered around. It's laughable to me that people think this system gives as much content upfront as the Broken Isles. Ultimately, there just isn't enough in BfA to keep me personally interested even if there is more actually there in certain forms.

For a fair comparison - the first 5 months of WoD weren't even all that bad. It was the lack of anything else after that point. Comparing that to the first 5 months of BFA... BFA is FAR worse. It isn't even close. Time will tell if BFA doesn't pull ahead when comparing whole expansions. I still expect WoD will end up thought of as better in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post

Different people, different opinions.
    All the MoP haters are still there (I still feel the same about this stupid daily fest expansion with gated main story, for example).
    You also still find plenty of people who hated and still hate LK, but you also have plenty of people who loved LK then and still love it now.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I see a lot of people talking about false memories when it comes to WoD and for some people that may be true but i think for most people its about whats important to them.

2 key categories i see is class gameplay and content. If you value content over class gameplay or your class plays fine/better in BFA then WoD will still be worse. Problem is however most classes play worse in BfA then they did in WoD so you are seeing that negativity from there. If they were to somehow fix that then BfA would get better reviews.
    It's kind of amazing to me what a low priority Blizzard gave class design this expansion, blatantly shipping unfinished classes and taking what? 3? 4? months to kind of fix most of them? Meanwhile, class design is priority one for I would say a huge percentage of the player base. Pretty big disconnect there, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    WoD was. BFA has about the same amount of content the entire WoD expansion had, and we're still only in the launch patch.
    Content doesn't matter if your base class isn't fun to play.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA worst for now. I will see how it will become when 8.2 comes tho, since 8.1 is crap.

Wrath
    BC
    MoP and Vanilla WoW at same ranking
    Legion
    Cata
    WoD
    BfA
    Last edited by Magicon; 2018-12-07 at 05:34 PM.

I'm actually at the point that I hope they do the same to BFA that they did to WoD - just punt. Stop adding content other than a final raid tier and put everything into the next expansion.