Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Those are different metrics. One shows per capita, one total.

Per capita is the one that matters because more people = more pollution. Its basic logic. Bigger country, more people, more pollution. But per capita shows actual effort to reduce pollution, which is close to 0 in Australia and US.
    Sick circular reasoning you have there. I'll finish it for you. China produces 70% more pollution than the US does.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Education is not the reason why farts come out of Macrons mouth when he talks. Unless your saying Macron could use some education on being a better politician.
    No, I'm saying the protesters are stupid. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sick circular reasoning you have there. I'll finish it for you. China produces 70% more pollution than the US does.
    Indeed they do. They also have 4.3 times more people. Its all relative. If you combine all NATO countries together, they produce pollution about the same as China, yet have much smaller population.

Using your reasoning the smaller the country is, the cleaner it is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because the rich minority does not care about the environment, they aren't allowed to care.
    If they care about the environment they get less profit and then they lose to the competition that doesn't give a fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

The rest of the world is living substandard because the EU and US refuse to do its share.
    China is building dams and solar farms everywhere, even on the water!

What were you lying about?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

Man google is really hard.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Turn your t.v. off, it's nothing to do with a fucking gas tax

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You'd be surprised to know that China has biggest solar power plant and are building more of them, they are the only country in the world with affordable electric cars that are used by taxis, electric bikes are massively popular. Yes, their factories do produce massive amounts of pollution, but they are starting to take care of that as well.

That's way more than "free" world does. All big western countries do is posture. Elon Musk, who was supposed to make electric cars for people, have failed spectacularly - pricing of Tesla 3 is similar to luxury sedan and even taking that into account production is nowhere near demand. VW group that few years ago promised to produce first cars in 2019 is nowhere near that goal, recently announced that ID Buzz will be available in 2022 (and probably will be pushed again). Germany is back to Stone Age polluting because they refuse to use cleaner nuclear energy.

Governments don't tax corporations that are responsible for pollution, instead they tax normal people. That's what whole French revolt is about - removing tax from rich and taxing poor. It has 0 to do with environment. Macron is a Trump level liar.
    huh?
    China is the worst offender, i'd say they are on par with America for building new solar plants, if you want more ask for more to be built.
    donate/etc.

Make the change you want to see don't rag onto others for the change you can't be bothered to make, Right now we are talking about POOR people who are living week to week pay check to pay check have you done that before?
    Having the price of gas raised is a huge cost to people it now makes your job worth much less than it was before, buying stuff costs more shipping costs more.. everything goes up along with the gas, and where is the balance?

Because big oil has pushed back other options for SO LONG there are very little other choices, no one who lives week to week can buy a nice electric car they still cost far too much, so why don't we rather than trying to kill people, look for real solutions that don't make the poor suffer.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't be disingenuous, you know very well these people aren't "Anti-environmentalists"...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    The tax is to help prevent the apocalypse by the way. Just throwing that out there.
    Nah, not really.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    What were you lying about?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

Man google is really hard.
    Apparantly reading is harder

His chart was per capita

The one you found share by country

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Are you equally as sanguine about Antifa burning cars and assaulting people any time they encounter a political opinion not to their liking?
    Not a "political opinion not to their liking", no. Nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    Its to what they are responding that should bother people.

They are not fighting for independence or against a totalitarian government that seeks to end them.
    Debateable.

And in any case, nor were the people who fought the SA in the streets of Germany. If the Nazis become the government, they've already won. The time to resist them is before that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Someone needs to let Ben Shapiro know he's a Nazi. People like you are delusional, have no moral credibility, or logical consistency. You're just hateful little malcontents who'll justify anything so long as it allows you to maintain your unearned sense of moral superiority.

You know I used to think that America was pretty bad but over the past few days, french people have proven me wrong.

The tax is to help prevent the apocalypse by the way. Just throwing that out there.
    the protests only have marginally to do with the environment. The people don't care about it, they are not anti-envirnmentalists. It's about money. Nothing else. Only an absolutely stupid ignoramus would you use this as some environmental statement. oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Someone needs to let Ben Shapiro know he's a Nazi. People like you are delusional, have no moral credibility, or logical consistency. You're just hateful little malcontents who'll justify anything so long as it allows you to maintain your unearned sense of moral superiority.
    When the fuck did we start talking about Ben Shapiro?

And then you accuse me of having no logical consistency lol.

Why would I be a malcontent? Nazis aren't a problem in my country.

- - - Updated - - -

Debateable.

And in any case, nor were the people who fought the SA in the streets of Germany. If the Nazis become the government, they've already won. The time to resist them is before that happens.
    And I would sympathize with the Yellow Jackets if Macron or someone within his government decided to add another term to his presidency, or taken a step that threatens France's democratic institutions. Tax on fuels and saying that universities are hard to enter or are trying to charge more arent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So many people have no idea what is going on. Its a movement against Macron/neoliberalism, its not 1 united group, you got both the (far) left and the far right protesting. But ofcourse the neo-libs/libs of MMO-C love Macron so much they have to invent other reasons. He is called the hero of the rich for a reason.

No idea how the far right thinks going even further right than Macron will fix anything, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Australia is such a CO2 monster there. Need to put some sanctions on them.
    Australia is below South Africa and Brazil...

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.XA5lE9szaUk

I mean I'm sure it can be improved but it's hardly a top target.

- - - Updated - - -

And I would sympathize with the Yellow Jackets if Macron or someone within his government decided to add another term to his presidency, or taken a step that threatens France's democratic institutions. Tax on fuels and saying that universities are hard to enter or are trying to charge more arent it.
    Again, I'm talking in general terms here, not about this particular protest.

Australia is below South Africa and Brazil...

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmin...l#.XA5lE9szaUk

I mean I'm sure it can be improved but it's hardly a top target.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I'm talking in general terms here, not about this particular protest.
    Pretty sure they are talking per capita.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I used to think that America was pretty bad but over the past few days, french people have proven me wrong.

*sigh*

And this'll cost more from the government due to their behavior than anyone really wants.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pretty sure they are talking per capita.
    How would per capita be relevant?

Like I said, I'm sure Australia could improve but even if it halved its emissions it'd have little overall effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish French would put more protesting power into Article 13.

Also what media realy says its pretty much propaganda. Its pretty simple.
    People dont like more taxes. Instead of peoples money, they should go after the oil company money instead. (but thats not gona happen with all the bribes)
    Don't sweat the details!!!