Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What a monumental circus.
    A) the guy logged in 5 minutes later and everything was fine (it was a display bug)
    B) the second post is an obvious and self admitted joke post

Stop being disingenuous. There's plenty to crap on the game about you dont have to look like a tool making stuff up or being hyperbolic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They fixed the carry weight exploit?

Guess I'm done with the game. Just remove the fucking carry weight limit. Everything weighs too much. Fuck this game. Worthless piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    A) the guy logged in 5 minutes later and everything was fine (it was a display bug)
    B) the second post is an obvious and self admitted joke post

Stop being disingenuous. There's plenty to crap on the game about you dont have to look like a tool making stuff up or being hyperbolic.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...eted_randomly/

Maybe if it was happening to just one person.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post

Guess I'm done with the game. Just remove the fucking carry weight limit. Everything weighs too much. Fuck this game. Worthless piece of shit.
    The excavator power armor giving 200lbs instead of 100lbs when you log out and back in still exists, but other than that, it's gone.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to Fallout. You're complaining about something that's been part of the series since New Vegas, at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Welcome to Fallout. You're complaining about something that's been part of the series since New Vegas, at least.
    At least then you could mod carry limit out.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's rich coming from the guy who doesn't seem to have played Fallout or Fallout 2; defends the use of robots and holotapes instead of NPCs; defends crashes, bugs, awful design decisions; defends the fact this game is an utter grind and nothing more; defends the utter mess this game has been in every aspect.

I gotta ask because I'm not even sure at this point: do you work for Bethesda? Why do you spend so much of your free time to defend the product of a corporate entity who cares nothing about who you are but only your wallet? Why are you on a crusade to defend arguably this year's worst game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    At least then you could mod carry limit out.
    Which was always, essentially, cheating.

The fact remains that carry limits with survival modes having weight on stuff like ammo is something dating back to New Vegas. In New Vegas' "hardcore" mode, you had stimpack/radaway healing over time, ammunition having weight, needing to eat/drink. The mode in 76 is less punitive; you don't need to sleep, for instance. Fallout 76 was always billed as having light survival elements like this always-on.

My point is simply that complaining that Fallout 76 retains features of Fallout: NV and Fallout 4 is . . . silly.

- - - Updated - - -

That's rich coming from the guy who doesn't seem to have played Fallout or Fallout 2; defends the use of robots and holotapes instead of NPCs; defends crashes, bugs, awful design decisions; defends the fact this game is an utter grind and nothing more; defends the utter mess this game has been in every aspect.
    I get that you don't like me, but half what you listed are subjective preferences that you just happen to dislike, and most of the others aren't something I've ever said.

I gotta ask because I'm not even sure at this point: do you work for Bethesda? Why do you spend so much of your free time to defend the product of a corporate entity who cares nothing about who you are but only your wallet? Why are you on a crusade to defend arguably this year's worst game?
    Or, and pay attention here, maybe I just enjoy the game.

Sorry that you can't seem to grasp that pretty simple concept, but not everyone agrees with you about everything.

I have to agree. I mean there is loving/enjoying a game but this sure as hell ain't that.

I mean what has this game been so far?

Bugs galore and even new patches bringing in more bugs or not fixing ones intended to.
    Data breach from Bethesda.
    Them flat out lying to their consumers about the special edition.
    A mess of a launch where certain users had to redownload the entire game.

And much more.

I mean if you want to enjoy the game fine go right ahead. Just stop pretending that the issues aren't a huge factor as to why it's been negatively received by what has been a good majority.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which was always, essentially, cheating.
    Somehow, I never cared what others thought about it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Somehow, I never cared what others thought about it.
    First thing I do in almost any Bethesda game: hit tilde, player.setav carryweight 9999. They put so much stuff in their games for me to just leave it there.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your zealotry goes far beyond simply "liking" this game. Like I said, you're on a crusade to actively spend your personal time to defend this game for better or for worse. Somebody else mentioned you were one of the guys who was doing the same thing when No Man's Sky came out so it doesn't surprise me you're doing the same with this game; there seems to be a pattern here.

I said nothing about disliking you. I'm sure you're a good person IRL but it just makes me angry that people defend bad corporate behavior which Bethesda has clearly shown throughout the release and post-production maintenance of this game. It took me four tries to even boot up the game yesterday (and, no, it's not my $2,000 PC or my 100Gb internet, it's 100% the fucking game). This is shameful. Today's patch is going to break even more things.

I just read about a new glitch about the stash that increases its capacity to infinite so that might be the saving grace for me to keep playing this game. The game throws too much shit at you that you can't even sell and still need. I need my ammo; I need pieces of gear that are 20+ levels from me; I need a lot of the shit I find but I can't keep it. That's why I'm pissed. I don't want to get rid of all the items I've collected; I shouldn't have to make such a decision in an RPG. If I want to keep my shit, I should keep it. Period.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    First thing I do in almost any Bethesda game: hit tilde, player.setav carryweight 9999. They put so much stuff in their games for me to just leave it there.
    Yo man! Don't cheat!

Yo man! Don't cheat!
    Wouldn't be an issue if Bethesda stayed true to their #SavePlayer1

Not sure how you folks could stand attempting the carry weight exploit. I attempted it, and nearly lost my mind spending 30+ mins trying to break the carry weight. Plus it reverts if you logoff. Anyone quitting over not being able to do this is just bitter. I honestly am not sure how anyone had the patience to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    This game is the most incredible nightmare.

What a monumental circus.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...meone/ebivu39/

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo man! Don't cheat!
    Normally I agree, but with Bethesda games. It's almost a requirements.
    Especially the setquest cheat since quest bug the living crap out constantly. even on a pure vanilla game.
    Can't say anything about fallout 76 though since I am waiting for it to be free or close to free before getting it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Your zealotry goes far beyond simply "liking" this game. Like I said, you're on a crusade to actively spend your personal time to defend this game for better or for worse. Somebody else mentioned you were one of the guys who was doing the same thing when No Man's Sky came out so it doesn't surprise me you're doing the same with this game; there seems to be a pattern here.
    That you describe my enjoyment of the game as "zealotry" is recursively hilarious.

I haven't defended the glitches, other than noting that they're pretty standard for Bethesda games. I definitely haven't defended some of their actions, like the canvas bag replacement. But you miss all that, in your desire to misconstrue my position as something it is not. You need me to be a zealot, because you need a straw man to argue against, and you'll make shit up when the truth doesn't fit.

That's what bothers me the most. Not that you dislike the game, or Bethesda. Your willingness to lie, either about the game itself (like your nonsensical claims a page or so ago that Fallout 76 has "no story"), or about other posters and how they've reacted to the game (myself, specifically, which is all I can speak to really). If you just wanted to say you don't like the game, fine. Nobody's trying to force you to like the game. But you really need to stop presenting misinformed opinion as if it's fact, and in treating subjective preference as objective truth.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Not sure how you folks could stand attempting the carry weight exploit. I attempted it, and nearly lost my mind spending 30+ mins trying to break the carry weight. Plus it reverts if you logoff. Anyone quitting over not being able to do this is just bitter. I honestly am not sure how anyone had the patience to do that.
    It was really easy:
    1. Craft a Pocket Leather armor piece.
    2. Equip it.
    3. Drop it.
    4. Pick it up.
    5. Click on the item really fast to equip/unequip it and takes a minute to get it to -50.

- - - Updated - - -

That you describe my enjoyment of the game as "zealotry" is recursively hilarious.

I haven't defended the glitches, other than noting that they're pretty standard for Bethesda games. I definitely haven't defended some of their actions, like the canvas bag replacement. But you miss all that, in your desire to misconstrue my position as something it is not. You need me to be a zealot, because you need a straw man to argue against, and you'll make shit up when the truth doesn't fit.

That's what bothers me the most. Not that you dislike the game, or Bethesda. Your willingness to lie, either about the game itself (like your nonsensical claims a page or so ago that Fallout 76 has "no story"), or about other posters and how they've reacted to the game (myself, specifically, which is all I can speak to really). If you just wanted to say you don't like the game, fine. Nobody's trying to force you to like the game. But you really need to stop presenting misinformed opinion as if it's fact, and in treating subjective preference as objective truth.
    Enlighten me: what is the game's story then? Following dots on a map to listen to holotapes is a story? That's rich. Really interesting.

So I take it that reading my posts in succession which have nothing to really do with one another can also be construed as a story? Cool then. Guess I'll go make some recording of them and leave them scattered across different sections of the forums. Maybe you can go seek those out and create your own narrative from them.

And besides making an argument that this game has no story (which, go read any review on any gaming website, they'll also make the argument that finding the Overseer's holotapes isn't really a "story"), what have I lied about regarding this game? You're telling me it's not a buggy mess? It's not constantly crashing? It's not full of exploits? That the PvP isn't balanced? They haven't stealth-nerfed the drop rates of Legendary items and reduced the EXP grind? That each patch creates more problems than it solves?

I mean, I can make an endless list but what's the point? There's so much media out there covering that.

I honestly don't feel like going over 200 pages of forum posts but this entire thread (since the game's announcement) has been you defending this game to hell and back. And the only argument you can fall back upon is (*prepare drum roll*): "I like it." Because you can't make any other arguments since this game is an objectively proven clusterfuck of bugs, bad design decisions, lame gameplay, and an utter, meaningless grind. I guess your bar for liking shit is incredibly low but coming from a guy who was defending No Man's Sky when it came out, I'm not surprised.