Welp we have an expansion name and rough date:

Not surprised about the setting, i've been predicting an icy biome expansion in this thread for like a year based on the element types missing in the main game and skeletons used in MHW. Hopefully Zamtrios makes a return after being left out of G/GU and it looks like Nargacuga or Baroth is the flagship for the expansion, shame its not Gammoth but its not the worst option.

Also Geralt of Rivera is coming in an update

- - - Updated - - -

also hope series newbies enjoy fucking Khezu showing up mid hunts to screech at you lime the rarest pepe. Constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely Narga. Barioth doesn't have Red eyes like that. I'm pretty hyped, although I wonder how much we're going to be expected to pay. No more than 40 probably, but maybe 20?

'Massive Expansion' could mean 40. Just depends. Are we getting one new zone or a totally different landmass. We never did see what happened to that coral reef area after all the energy got released from Zura Magdaros. It could be the same size as the base game and thats why its taking so long, we've been so used to 'expansion' meaning 'slightly larger dlc' for so long that sometimes we do get something bigger than that.
    I'd still expect something the size of Bloodbornes The Old Hunters myself. 3 new maps, 3 or 4 elder dragons and 6-9 new cold climate monsters -probably not bulldrome thank god- and they call it good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like this might be a good time to pick it up again. Thinking i will make the jump to PC finally, and see if i can get some of my friends to try the free trial. I have one friend in particular that gettings hilariously vocal when he gets destroyed by challenging content....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hype is ready! I been waiting for news about an expansion. This pleases me greatly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do hope they add transmog to the game.

Wew! They actually delivered on everyones expectations... at least in the abstract. We'll see what we actually get.

Pretty cool idea for AT KT as well.

Hopefully the wait for PC isn't ridiculous... I don't know if I could stomach going back to console.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I really do hope they add transmog to the game.
    I mean, its in already (layered armor). Its just a matter of them opening it up since its super limited.

Or if you're on PC, installing a mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Just spent my night failing AT kirin quests in groups... last run of the night even got it limping and went to sleep... and OF COURSE the freaking useless hunting horn bro that was just chilling in the back spamming songs not attacking making the damned thing charge back and forth the entire fight dies.

Man I hate kirin, I just want the damned layered armor...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

WAIT....did they add witcher 3 because the movie uses the same portal plot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Convinced a few friends to pick up the trial tonight. Its been a while, what are some weapons i should recommend them try early. I want to ease them in a bit, i was thinking Long Sword/Sword and Shield/Hammer probably? These are people that have never played anything monster hunter related. I typically main chargeblade or bow on PS4, but will be starting fresh on PC so i am thinking of trying Lance or Insect Glaive this go around for the beginning, just so i don't fallback on old habits to quickly.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Convinced a few friends to pick up the trial tonight. Its been a while, what are some weapons i should recommend them try early. I want to ease them in a bit, i was thinking Long Sword/Sword and Shield/Hammer probably? These are people that have never played anything monster hunter related. I typically main chargeblade or bow on PS4, but will be starting fresh on PC so i am thinking of trying Lance or Insect Glaive this go around for the beginning, just so i don't fallback on old habits to quickly.
    I mean there's a reason why LS is the most popular weapon. It's flashy, easy to use, and quite powerful. It has a high-ish skill cap but even for a beginner they can do well with it. SnS is good, versatile, and easy to play. I wouldn't recommend hammer, just because the face is generally the most dangerous place to be and that's where hammer wants to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long Sword I feel is the easiest to start out with before getting super familiar with the game.

For those who are a little more technically inclined, Charge Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i appear to be stuck. Unfortunately we are realizing that PC is once again getting shafted and not getting the trial version. So i am going to have a hard time convincing them to give it a shot.

You're playing on low rank in a group, so whatever weapon they're interested in. They don't need to be worried about min-maxing at this point, just point them in the direction of the monster and tell them to go wild.

Imo its a mistake to try and limit people with supposedly easier weapons. Gives people the wrong impression of what weapons are like. All the weapons in the game are simple enough to pick up, the whole point of low rank is giving people time to explore their weps and get used to things.

Well, i appear to be stuck. Unfortunately we are realizing that PC is once again getting shafted and not getting the trial version. So i am going to have a hard time convincing them to give it a shot.
    Wow that's some bullspit.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-12-11 at 09:39 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    give me Brachydios or give me death! ill trade the rest of the expan just for my favorite exploding buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    give me Brachydios or give me death! ill trade the rest of the expan just for my favorite exploding buddy!
    Give us our punchy boi!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Give us our punchy boi!
    Only monster worth adding! If they don’t have him what’s even the point of an expan right?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Only monster worth adding! If they don’t have him what’s even the point of an expan right?
    Fucking giggy miggy would have something to say about that!

So is this game any good or what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Wow that's some bullspit.
    Yup, as much as i like this game, its hard to convince anyone to try the PC version because of how the developers treat it as an afterthought so often. I actually had 3 friends who would of tried it out if we had a PC trial, but now they can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So is this game any good or what
    It's a terrific game!