Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

New Warmode buff...

It's gone to shit already. Now the Horde are turning off pvp on my server and encouraging others to do the same out of spite. I'm gonna give it another week, but this isn't looking to bright.

To clarify, since I was confused at first too, the issue seems to be over a quest which rewards only Alliance players with a 370 item for killing Horde players.
    Last edited by Evilfish; 2018-12-12 at 07:07 PM.

I mean, I really hope blizz wasn't naive enough to think it would work

Deleted
    Jeha, Horde had literally free 10% to everything without ever getting in Danger (at least in BFA Zones), and now, when the Aliiance, who alsmost got nothing in BFA except a big middle finger all the time and wasn't able to use Warmode, get something....The Horde starts bi******* around.

Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Jeha, Horde had literally free 10% to everything without ever getting in Danger (at least in BFA Zones), and now, when the Aliiance, who alsmost got nothing in BFA except a big middle finger all the time and wasn't able to use Warmode, get something....The Horde starts bi******* around.

Hilarious!
    Is it?

A few days ago you were the other end of the spectrum. Teary-eyed Alliance weeping about how unfair everything is refusing to turn on Warmode. Now we got Horde complaining how it's unfair that ONLY the Alliance gets stuff for doing what both factions are expected to do.

Hopefully the Horde instigators are less convincing than you guys where and maybe we'll see some balance settling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's gone to shit already. Now the Horde are turning off pvp on my server and encouraging others to do the same out of spite. I'm gonna give it another week, but this isn't looking to bright.
    Yup was to be expected. But the horde should stfu. There is a reason why alliance players like me do not turn it on before. It was mostly a gank fest.

Deleted
    My friend predicted this (if its true horde is turning warmode off)

He said when i told him the change (a week ago): "The Horde now should refuse to turn warmode on as a protest"

My opinion? Hummmmm....is a strange change and is not fair......but what else could be done?
    Any better ideas?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t that just working as intended? The more horde that turn off wm the closer to balanced it gets and the smaller the buff gets.

It was a stupid change. The 30% buff is lucrative enough that a lot of players on alliance side will switch war mode on, the result of that leads to the horde doing the opposite because they're greatly outnumbered. Now we'll just establish a pattern of each faction turning it off every other week waiting for the 30% buff the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My friend predicted this (if its true horde is turning warmode off)

He said when i told him the change (a week ago): "The Horde now should refuse to turn warmode on as a protest"

My opinion? Hummmmm....is a strange change and is not fair......but what else could be done?
    Any better ideas?
    What should be done? Take War Mode talents out of War Mode. Take bonuses out of being a flat rate and make them a performance-based, individual bonus. Which is to say that bonus rep/gold/AP/whatever should be based on how many kills you're getting, or how long you go without being killed in War mode, or something like that.

Trying to incentivize WPVP with flat-rate PVE benefits is stupid. PVP is, by it's nature, competitive. The rewards need to be based on that.

The guys I spoke to, the ones on trade chat trying to start shit claimed it was over the Alliance getting items and the Horde not getting them. Initially I thought they were talking about the 30% buff too.

Oh, is this the turn for the stupid "we won the war, you lose" comments to be on the other side now?

War mode was a bad idea that continues to be bad. Anyone with common sense could see it being imbalanced one way or another and it's no surprise that it's impossible to balance. Why the hell did Blizzard thing PvP servers were infamously imbalanced to extremes like they were?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey nice this is working exactly as intended.

Well okay not exactly, but the factions are becoming more balanced in War Mode! They're now both trending toward zero!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I almost turned on WM for an Alliance alt I was leveling today. But then I remembered that there's now a weekly quest to kill 25 players of the opposite faction. It was bad before, I can't even imagine how bad it is now...
    That's for the underrepresented faction with warmode on only... so basically 100% Alliance weekly quest

If people were smart about the WM buff Horde and Alliance players should take weekly turns with one side turning off/on each reset. This way everyone can get the 30% buff every 2nd week which is better than 10% all the time. So Horde players turning off WM this week is actually a good idea.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Will this be a repetition off early Tol Barad where Alliance and Horde just "agreed" on exploiting a system for more loot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post

Hilarious!
    Alliance could use Warmode any time they wanted to. Not the Horde's fault they opt out at the first sign of danger.

Deleted
    Horde players are basically whinging that Alliance got free stuff for once after years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Alliance could use Warmode any time they wanted to. Not the Horde's fault they opt out at the first sign of danger.
    Sure we could. And then got stomped in a 40 vs 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Warmode buff was a damn stupid idea to drag more PvE players into that PvP hellhole.

Go back to PvE and PvP servers for crying out loud.