Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    See that's where the problem lies. A good writer would be able to weave politics in a story so that the audiance doesn't pick up on it and it just ends up being a good story.
    It doesn't matter How good you write a Story, to anti-sjw's it seems most Stories involving a Lead Female or Supporting Lead Female character will be Identified as SJW.

Problem is, looking at all the narrative from today's EA games subtelty is like applaying a sledgehammer to a porcelan vase.
    Subtle or not, everybody has a Different Threshold as to what they see, SJW.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-12-13 at 04:18 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I didn't really like DA Origins much, might be in part due to the silent protagonist I really hate that in story centric games. I loved Inquisition, easily one of my fav games and the last expansion was just so good.
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fun trivia: Inquisition was generally regarded as one of the stronger entries in the series and a huge step up from DA2.

So if that's your premise, your creating a topic to whine about DA4 being off to a bad start was pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Game worked fine at launch for me. The only issue I've ever had with DAI was my antivirus flagging it as a false-positive and refusing to let the game launch.
    I ha horrible performance and I couldnt' make my character not look like ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Seriously, Inquisition was a disaster already. The dialogue wheel is downright retarded, you think the character will say one thing, and he says the opposite. And can someone explain why for the love of God was in a game where you play as an Inquisitor, and a literal herald of Andraste never an option to actually support that in the dialogue? It's always either doubt, using religion as political tool, or grand delusions. That's just stupid.

Them doubling down on making things political does not surprise anyone. It was that way since Origins. It's just that in the Origins they still bothered to build a story around it.
    Dragon Age Inquistion was one of Ea best selling games...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    What are you talking about? I got it day one and put in close to 100 hours and there was still a ton of customization and I never ran into any game breaking or jarring glitches/bugs.

Are you confusing DA:I with ME:A?
    Nah the game just played like ass for me on launch and I wait like 3 months for issue to be fixed. I had stupid long loadscreens, textures issues, and poor fps. With a solid build. i5 2500k oc and I don't remember the graphics card but it was mid range. I had the game on medium and I was struggling to hit 20 fps. So I just said fuck it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I liked each of the Dragon Age games, even DA:2.

I like the politics, and the tension, and the struggles. It's what makes the story really interesting to me. That as a layer to the overarching High Fantasy setting and plots makes it a really fun game for me that I can really get immersed in.
    I agree, I've loved everything about the DA games. Everything you mentioned is why they're on the top of my to buy list each time. I actually really liked DA2 as well, sure there were aspects that could've been improved, but the narrative was excellent.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Dragon Age Inquistion was one of Ea best selling games...
    In all honesty, that tells far more about the consumers than it does of the quality of the game. It certainly explains why EA believes they can rob their customers blind.

In all honesty, that tells far more about the consumers than it does of the quality of the game. It certainly explains why EA believes they can rob their customers blind.
    rob them blind from a mostly micro transaction free Single Player focused portion of the game where there is more then enough content for a Lengthy Play through?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-12-13 at 12:35 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    rob them blind from a mostly micro transaction free Single Player focused portion of the game where there is more then enough content for a Lengthy Play through?
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. It's your money you're spending.

I could never get myself to finish Inquisition even though this is one of my favorite franchises. Open world my ass, I have a virgin ass and it's more open than DAI's world.

I hate the gaming community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    To be honest even though the characters where goofy (Yes I bought at launch) and very unfinished the game and the story was quite decent, I also enjoyed Inquisition so I will probably be buying DA 4 and Dragon Age has always been centered around politics and racism.
    The themes arent the problem. Its the self congratulatory stance these guys have that theyre some how brave for "sparking a conversation" about the themes. Freaking tales of symphonia in 2004 was about racism, like get out of here. Not to mention the total hypocracy of having an open racist on twitter working on andromeda.

Deleted
    Mass effect Andromedas issue wasn't diversity? Beyond that one side trans character and her sole characteristic was her trans person hood. (also the human women team mate whose basically an asari other-kin).

It was technical and story wise. The game was buggy as all hell though the face thing was slightly overblown if you ask me) and a dull story by the numbers story with no variation.The issue with the black guy isn't that his black but that I can't remember his name because his forgettable.

Also I guess the villain is basically conformity personified but so are the Borg and cyberman. An intense collectivist race is a sci-fi standard. Though I hate that the Keht own basically the entire galaxy and transform aliens into themselves. Means the Andromeda galaxy likely has fuck all diversity in alein life. Wrote themselves into a corner with that one.

Mass effect has always been about Diversity. Shepard brings people of different races to save the galaxy literally every game. The council is shown as beurcacticed but the most civilised group. In one novel it basically says most humans have been mixed raced for centuries. Complaining mass effect has diversity is like complaining God of War has Deicide.

Apolgises for the Long winded and rabbley post

Also Dragon Age is a diverse world. Jesus is a women, numerous races working together and homosexually is widely accepted. The 'SJW agenda' has always been boiled into DA and ME blood
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-12-13 at 01:36 PM.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. It's your money you're spending.
    Im also curious how they are robbing people. I got 200+ hours enjoyment for $60 or w/e it cost, which is more value than most games.

There are no RNG lootboxes that are so popular these days in Inquisition, and nothing that pops up in-game that would make you want to buy such things. Overwatch, Counter-Strike and Im sure the MOBAs and more games have these item drop in game and try to get you hooked on them in order for you to buy more of them. DA:I never brought up shop items while I was playing as far as I know. There is nothing that suggests that they are trying to rob their customers.
    Im sure you have played games with more obvious cash grabs such as CoD where basically every game is, or WoW with all their shop mounts, pets and transmogs on top of the monthly cost.

Really this must just be pure salt from your side to even suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fun trivia: Inquisition was generally regarded as one of the stronger entries in the series and a huge step up from DA2.

So if that's your premise, your creating a topic to whine about DA4 being off to a bad start was pointless.
    there were some liberties with portions of Inquisition that were rather off, not gameplay related at times but more like what what decisions were made regarding what characters were shown and their ideas over how they should appear... a connection to andromeda is more apt cause that is a similar game that decided to place their politics before their game and then wondered why things failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Im also curious how they are robbing people. I got 200+ hours enjoyment for $60 or w/e it cost, which is more value than most games.
    Indeed. Inquisition may not be the best game ever, but it was a solid RPG and I got EASILY 300 hours of play out of it, since release.

Shit, I’ve spent more time on the DLC for Inquisition that I have on many games these days...

In terms of value for money, there are few series that are better for me than Dragon Age.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    Mass effect has always been about Diversity. Shepard brings people of different races to save the galaxy literally every game. The council is shown as beurcacticed but the most civilised group. In one novel it basically says most humans have been mixed raced for centuries. Complaining mass effect has diversity is like complaining God of War has Deicide.
    Yes but Mass Effect takes place in space where diversity means aliens, which makes sense. The diversity that SJW's want is a gay black transgendered woman who fights, which there's nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't feel pushed, which it usually does. Lets not forget that Mass Effect females weren't exactly ugly, but SJW's will make sure they are.
    Also Dragon Age is a diverse world. Jesus is a women, numerous races working together and homosexually is widely accepted. The 'SJW agenda' has always been boiled into DA and ME blood
    That depends on which Dragon Age we're talking about. Everyone loves Origins and homosexuality wasn't evident, while Inquisition was up front and center about it. To the point where it became comical cause it isn't realistic. I mean Inquisition had a female to male transgendered person who constantly wanted to be referred to as a male. It was so forced it was funny, so it helped make the game more entertaining. But there was a noticeable lack of naked hot ladies in Inquisition compared to Origins like the video bellow. But then again Inquisitions Bull gay scene was really funny.

I mean Inquisition had a female to male transgendered person who constantly wanted to be referred to as a male
    What character are you talking about here?

The bullshit alarm is already going off if your answer is Krem. The character whose Trans status you don't even find out about unless you actively pursue Iron Bull's storyline, and even then you have to go out of your way to find out Krem's backstory.

I don't think Krem mentions pronouns a single time, even after you find out about him being Trans.

In short: You have no idea wtf you're talking about. Which doesn't surprise me based on the opinion you're taking in the thread. Anything to feign outrage at the ess jay dubyas.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-12-13 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    I hate the gaming community.
    Gonna have to second this.

These tweets don't worry me at all. Despite its flaws I really enjoyed DA:I and the Trespasser ending set up DA4 perfectly. Bioware could absolutely fuck it up but this? This is a non-story. Just the toxic gaming community being toxic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    What character are you talking about here?
    Almost definitely talking about Krem, which is complete bullshit. I didn't even know Krem was transgender, as he doesn't make it known unless you really start talking to him and asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Witcher 3 is better. Tho i really don't like witcher 3 all that much. It's a good game but the story is meh.
    What game Could possibly have good story telling Is w3 is meh..? It has game od thrones level writing and characters, while you may not love the overarching story, the character and human moments are second to non and only really matched by' the last of us'.
    We humans have to stick together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, i heard this news as well.

seems we'll never get another origins. a damn shame.
    Origin's gameplay wouldn't appeal to the masses.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to replay DA:I and going to enjoy it though the limited modding was unfortunate. I even enjoyed ME:A and I will probably enjoy 4 as well. Just don't take games too seriously and you'll get much more enjoyment.