Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Manhood, not quite.

A gigantic fuck you and middle finger to all of his political opponents who said he wouldn't do it? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The government shouldn't do stupid things just because some people are stupid. The Wall is stupid, thinking it will magically create immigration reform is stupid. Thinking people who are against The Wall are also against immigration reform is stupid. Non-stupid people would be in favor of practical policy, not impractical vanity projects.
    There are many people in the United States, and even majorities depending on the wording of the questions asked, that want to reduce the level illegal immigration or even legal immigration.

What's a practical way of handling illegal immigration? Increased spending on border security since no one ( that's serious anyway ) is saying the wall alone would solve the problem though it would help. That's why Trump doesn't just want the wall: He wants a significant increase in detention centers, particularly beds, a far larger border security force including ICE, better monitoring equipment, closing of loopholes, denial of welfare, shutting down sanctuary policies and yes a wall on the border.

It's a whole package of things. The Wall would help matters, just ask Hungary how their fencing worked for them: Pretty damned well actually.

Whether or not the US should adopt these policies is a different matter, but discussing the practical issue is nonsense: If you want a reduced level of immigration these are things that would achieve it.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-12-13 at 04:50 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Manhood, not quite.

A gigantic fuck you and middle finger to all of his political opponents who said he wouldn't do it? Absolutely.
    The middle finger gesture is a figurative expression of “manhood”... so... I think the term you are looking for is a dick measuring contest... wait, that doesn’t work either... I’ll keep thinking about it, but I hope he doesn’t cuck out... oh god damn it... I’ll be better...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The government shouldn't do stupid things just because some people are stupid. The Wall is stupid, thinking it will magically create immigration reform is stupid. Thinking people who are against The Wall are also against immigration reform is stupid. Non-stupid people would be in favor of practical policy, not impractical vanity projects.

Didn't you hear Theo? Pointing out that the wall doesn't actually even affect the primary method of entry for illegal immigrants is the same as wanting to resettle every single person on earth. There is no in between. Once a wall is up, everyone currently living in the US will turn white, and never again will another person of color ever set foot in the Holy Land. It's just common knowledge really. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Manhood, not quite.

Nope, not about manhood, just sexual expletives and phallic symbols, you're doing great.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't believe we should resettle every sad person on the planet who demands entry.
    Hey, when you're ready to throw Melania back, I'm for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Didn't you hear Theo?
    No, that's how I like it.
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    She bought her citizenship with money. Unless we intend to refund the costs, probably not going to happen.

But in seriousness, when did the American and European Left become so Open-Borders oriented? Wasn't that a Koch Brothers idea to suppress the power of labor movements? If “no human is illegal!,” as the protest chant goes, the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all. But what implications will unlimited migration have for projects like universal public health care and education, or a federal jobs guarantee? And how will progressives convincingly explain these goals to the public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Theo is an immigrant from England... not saying anyone should be deported... just pointing out the inconsistency.

- - - Updated - - -
    She bought her citizenship with money. Unless we intend to refund the costs, probably not going to happen.
    But in seriousness, when did the American and European Left become so Open-Borders oriented?
    Never... literally never... how much did you pay for your citizenship?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Never... literally never... how much did you pay for your citizenship?
    There are portions of the left that are in favor of these things, that political leaders like Obama, Pelosi and Schumer have not means it's not yet a strong enough majority among the democrats to support these things...and unless the far left gains power among the Dems they won't anytime soon.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    There are portions of the left that are in favor of these things, that political leaders like Obama, Pelosi and Schumer means it's not yet a strong enough majority among the democrats to support these things...and unless the far left gains power among the Dems they won't anytime soon.
    Yes, phantoms... fully aware of their existence, but hard to see them. The nature of phantoms... msg me when the option is wall or open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And that's why she was and will be House Majority Leader
    As many have questioned. Why are people not asking Schumer to move aside. He is less of a leader, more spineless than Pelosi will ever be.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wait, I forgot something.

I don't believe we should resettle every sad person on the planet who demands entry.
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

We have a Strawman on the field! Defense loses ten yards for fielding an exaggerated form of the argument that was easier to attack, rather than the actual argument. There is a second foul on the field, Off Topic. The Border Wall does not address every sad person on the planet. The yards will be added to the end of the play. First down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    He is less of a leader, more spineless than Pelosi will ever be.
    He did a great job an hour ago saying the Democrats won't move on Wall funding at all. But he's emboldened. Pelosi went in with The Mom Voice and put Trump in Time Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Stephen Colbert joined in on the fun:

I so hate imgur being filtered in the office.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, phantoms... fully aware of their existence, but hard to see them. The nature of phantoms... msg me when the option is wall or open borders.
    The wall is hardly the most hard right policy being pushed out there, it's merely a tool and symbol: Mass deportation of every illegal immigrant, closing loopholes and reduction of legal immigration is what the hardliners want in both Congress and outside of it.

Basically what Ann Coulter and her fans want.

Meanwhile on the far left you've got the open borders crowd that screams "no human being is illegal" "abolish ICE" and all that stuff.

Practically the chance of either of these stance being adopted by Congress is effectively zero unless the Republicans become a hard right party completely or the Democrats become the Far Left.

The real solution? The one fucking Trump was offered by Schumer and refused to accept? A grand bargain: Amnesty of Illegal Immigrants in the US in exchange for the Wall and Border Security enhancement across the board. Why did he refuse?

Because he, like many other politicians in the US, have to pay lip service to the hardliners.

A similar thing happened with the Gang of Eight with the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 and the hardliners who shut that down. It was a good bill, a reasonable and fair deal and fucking Tom Cotton among others destroyed it.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-12-13 at 05:06 PM.

Letting in an unlimited number of people for resettlement because you feel bad must be a womanhood thing. We have to be ever vigilant against the downsides of our own brains.
    Well I agree with the last sentence there, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's good politics for Trump.

If the democrats want to go against the wishes of most Americans, they're free to do so.
    Flatly stating that he'd be proud to shut down the government and won't pass the blame to the Dems is "good" politics for Trump? I guess I forgot what the word good means.

Careful there, that broad brush you're using is so massive that you're bound to get some paint on you while you try so hard to gussy up that strawman.

Does it still qualify as a "gigantic fuck you" when Mexico isn't paying for it and instead American citizens would, including his base? How about when it doesn't work because it's a stupid idea? Is it still a "gigantic fuck you" then?

Maybe just maybe "owning the libs" isn't a platform that can drive sane policy. Maybe.

But in seriousness, when did the American and European Left become so Open-Borders oriented? Wasn't that a Koch Brothers idea to suppress the power of labor movements? If “no human is illegal!,” as the protest chant goes, the Left is implicitly accepting the moral case for no borders or sovereign nations at all. But what implications will unlimited migration have for projects like universal public health care and education, or a federal jobs guarantee? And how will progressives convincingly explain these goals to the public?
    Instead of asking this fake question, the real question you should ask yourself is when did the Right decide they hate immigrants so much? After all it's a recent development.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wall is hardly the most hard right policy being pushed out there, it's merely a tool and symbol: Mass deportation of every illegal immigrant, closing loopholes and reduction of legal immigration is what the hardliners want in both Congress and outside of it.
    Yes, because instead of doing all that, we need symbology. How erect should this symbol be? It is about his cock, nothing more.

Basically what Ann Coulter and her fans want.

Meanwhile on the far left you've got the open borders crowd that screams "no human being is illegal" "abolish ICE" and all that stuff.
    So... it’s as if the comparison is flawed and your issue is with the person making it, not the person whose argument is that a wall is legislation and open borders is so far left, it’s hard yo see.

7+ Year Old Account
    So... it’s as if the comparison is flawed and your issue is with the person making it, not the person whose argument is that a wall is legislation and open borders is so far left, it’s hard yo see.
    You've got members of Congress that have embraced the abolish ICE movement, just pointing that out. That IS a far left view.

Open Borders, yes it's a complete extreme, just as extreme as what Coulter wants. Maybe you could find a few members of congress willing to say these things loudly, but very few and on the complete extreme of the political spectrum.

The problem is however that there's a crowd, and a not insignificant one either, that does want and works for these things depending on the party, and they do have some measure of power. It creates a major problem for lawmakers.

Yes, because instead of doing all that, we need symbology. How erect should this symbol be? It is about his cock, nothing more.
    A golden gigantic one. The_Donald would love it I can tell you.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-12-13 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letting in an unlimited number of people for resettlement because you feel bad must be a womanhood thing.
    *LOUD ANNOYING BUZZER*

Strawman still on the field. Nobody said unlimited. Pelosi was fighting Wall funding, not demanding "an unlimted number of people". Result of the play is another first down, ball on the ten yard line. Defense is advised to post on topic and constructively.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got members of Congress that have embraced the abolish ICE movement, just pointing that out. That IS a far left view.
    It isn't, but if it makes the right wing people feel better we could follow their approach and appoint someone totally unqualified to run it with the mandate that they run the program into the ground.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't, but if it makes the right wing people feel better we could follow their approach and appoint someone totally unqualified to run it with the mandate that they run the program into the ground.
    Oh I'm sorry is abolish ICE a new mainstream political view or is it still consigned to what can only be called the fringes of US politics? It literally was created by the far left and embraced by it.

The mainstream political view is precisely what Schumer tried to do twice: Amnesty along with enhanced border security.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-12-13 at 05:19 PM.